Blue Dream X Gorilla Glue #4.... Why Haven't These Beasts Been Crossed????

• Thread starter BioStimz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BioStimz

BioStimz

The fact is that clone-only plants are one in a million. Even if had the parents (you don't) you'd still have to grow mountains of seeds to find an individual on the level of an elite.

Regurgitated drivel.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Sorry buddy, but blue dream is about as simplistic as they come. You only need good male/female representations of blueberry and og haze. There's no magic in the lineage of blue dream lol. I don't care how much you kick and scream.

This is literally like saying "to re-create Tiger Woods, all you need is an African American man and a Thai woman, it's as easy as that!"

You have no clue what you're talking about and have no interest in learning more, so I'm going to stop wasting my time trying to correct you.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

To preserve a line that's otherwise extinct, would be one good reason.

Or to make hard-to-obtain genetics more readily available, would be another.

...but you said it's easy to recreate clones as seed by selfing them. Why would a line ever become extinct if we have a clone of it and can easily recreate it as seed? (hint: you can't easily re-create clone onlys)

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

The people in this thread who are arguing with me are literally saying "Breeding is easy, if I wanted to make OG Kush seeds that produced elite level genetics all I have to do is self OG Kush."

Have you ever heard of the Dunning Kruger effect? You're a walking Dunning Kruger effect.

BioStimz

BioStimz

S1 / S2 / S3ing a plant does nothing but reduce vigor dramatically. You MIGHT find something like the original, but I doubt it.

Reduce vigor? Yeah ok lol

Let me know if you need some links to peer-reviewed journals which clearly demonstrate S2IBL offspring with the exact same genotype & chemotype as the parental clone.

Do you even understand what it means when you have offspring with matching chemotypes as the parent? herp derp

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The people in this thread who are arguing with me are literally saying "Breeding is easy, if I wanted to make OG Kush seeds that produced elite level genetics all I have to do is self OG Kush."

Have you ever heard of the Dunning Kruger effect? You're a walking Dunning Kruger effect.
LOL I used to suffer from this syndrome. But found ingesting copious amounts of clone only hyped strains was the cure. :cool:

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.[1]

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."[1]

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Reduce vigor? Yeah ok lol

Let me know if you need some links to peer-reviewed journals which clearly demonstrate S2IBL offspring with the exact same genotype & chemotype as the parental clone.

Do you even understand what it means when you have offspring with matching chemotypes as the parent? herp derp

By all means, please share this peer reviewed research with me.

Do you not understand that inbreeding causes... inbreeding depression? This is one of the most basic concepts in breeding.

BioStimz

BioStimz

This is literally like saying "to re-create Tiger Woods, all you need is an African American man and a Thai woman, it's as easy as that!"

You have no clue what you're talking about and have no interest in learning more, so I'm going to stop wasting my time trying to correct you.

You all done herp'n and derp'n?

This GG4 S1 turned out better than the clone it came from:

20190106 092908
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
fyi Blue Dream is a clone only, it is not available in seed form. At best, you'll get a hybrid, at worst you'll get something completely unrelated.
The Santa Cruz blue dream pheno is a clone only, hence the santa cruz tag to differentiate it from other blue dream phenos found in the Blue dream seed line like the Indica blue dream pheno. How do you know there is no seeds still of Blue Dream? Do you personally know the person that originally made the Blue Dream seeds?

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

The Santa Cruz blue dream pheno is a clone only, hence the santa cruz tag to differentiate it from other blue dream phenos found in the Blue dream seed line like the Indica blue dream pheno.

There's no reason to beleive that the other 'BDs' are from the same seed line and every reason to believe they are unrelated plants given the BD name because it was popular at the time. It is literally one of the most counterfeited strains on earth.

BioStimz

BioStimz

You said S1/S2/S3 creates exact clones of the original plant. That's as easy as it gets.

You have no clue. Ain't nothing simple about a second-gen/double IBL lol

You still have to narrow genetic diversity, if you're just doing S1's, and especially if it's a bag seed wonder like GG4.

People gotta be selective when doing IBL's, cuz there's tons of garbage genetics out there, which inherently means there's tons of cuts with garbage-traits from the garbage-genetics they originated from.

So yeah, if you foolishly take a monacious/heterozygous line and do S1's.... you're likely gonna get a mutant-festival along with a banana-party.

This is about as basic as it gets with reversals bro.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
There's no reason to beleive that the other 'BDs' are from the same seed line and every reason to believe they are unrelated plants given the BD name because it was popular at the time. It is literally one of the most counterfeited strains on earth.

So you would have to know the guy that made the Blue dream seeds personally to know there is no other seeds available and the parents are extinct, right?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I would bet that you have no clue who made the Blue dream seed line..

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

So you would have to know the guy that made the Blue dream seeds personally to know there is no other seeds available and the parents are extinct, right?

One of the parents of SCBD is Santa Cruz Haze, and that plant is fully extinct. Nobody has it anymore.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
One of the parents of SCBD is Santa Cruz Haze, and that plant is fully extinct. Nobody has it anymore.
How do you know this for a fact? pure speculation. I will ask you one more time, do you personally know the person who made the Blue dream seeds?

BioStimz

BioStimz

And just how fukin unique do you think the SC haze terp-profile was anyways?

I mean seriously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom