Blue Dream?

• Thread starter gimp73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

What if someone prefers blue dream to gg4? There is no absolute best strain, personal preference comes into play.
I know a few people that will take bd over anything. Personally I call it blue garbage but I don't grow for only myself. That includes gg
Ha I thought the same. What's going on with the leaves? Good genetics only get ya so far!
Never seen glue or any other healthy plant throw singles out the bud befire that plant is screwed

gimp73

gimp73

Thanks for all your replies. I am just wanting a good yieldier that's easy to grow that still has bag appeal.
I have been running an under current for over 5 years and always run some of the top strains. They always come out super frosty and nice, but the yields have been lower than I like.
A lot of the times I run into what looks like a nitrogen toxicity, I get the claw and smaller buds on top then in the middle of the plant. If all the tops filled in I would be in great shape.
I run cc nutrients with cal-mag plus and pool shock in place of uc roots.(had the same problem when I ran the uc roots) I have ran them low all the way up to what they recommend and my plant are always great until about week 3. Then the claw and burnt tips start. The leafs are a nice deep green but not dark and shiny.
My roots are nice, no rot water smells clean. It doesn't happen to all the strains I have ran but a lot of them.
I am really debating on giving up on cc nutrients and trying something else.

gimp73

gimp73

Oh yea I use a Merlin 720 ro system with a blue tall boy filter. My water starts at 0 ppms.

Genesis

Genesis

Thanks for all your replies. I am just wanting a good yieldier that's easy to grow that still has bag appeal.
I have been running an under current for over 5 years and always run some of the top strains. They always come out super frosty and nice, but the yields have been lower than I like.
A lot of the times I run into what looks like a nitrogen toxicity, I get the claw and smaller buds on top then in the middle of the plant. If all the tops filled in I would be in great shape.
I run cc nutrients with cal-mag plus and pool shock in place of uc roots.(had the same problem when I ran the uc roots) I have ran them low all the way up to what they recommend and my plant are always great until about week 3. Then the claw and burnt tips start. The leafs are a nice deep green but not dark and shiny.
My roots are nice, no rot water smells clean. It doesn't happen to all the strains I have ran but a lot of them.

I've been growing in UC about 5 years and when I found the HSO blue dream, I was happy because it yields awesome, is very vigorous and not picky. I do have to ask, are you completely draining your UC and refilling every 2-3 weeks? So long as your cal-mag is in there if you are running RO and you running low PPM, this variable comes to mind.

As the plants move along they eat different ratios of different stuff, so it is important to empty and refill res fully every 2-3 weeks as per UC's recommendations. I usually wait 3 full weeks and this is around where the cultured solutions ratios of A+B and mid boost change up.

Also do you let your pH float from 5.5 to 6? If you are too picky constantly adjusting pH exactly or too negligent that can be a possible problem.

gimp73

gimp73

Yes I do full change outs every couple of weeks and also do a 40 to 50% every week after I am a couple of weeks into 12/12.
My ph will ride up to 6 to 6.1 then I bump it back down to around 5.7 at time I will bump it lower. If my ppms are to low I have noticed that the ph will drop and I have to bump it up.

gimp73

gimp73

When I do a full change out I will use just ro water @ 5.8 for a day then drain again then fill with fresh nutrient water.

Genesis

Genesis

When I do a full change out I will use just ro water @ 5.8 for a day then drain again then fill with fresh nutrient water.

Let us know how you make out. If your nutrients are good (not expired/old) and your water is good it sounds like you are doing everything you should be.

Oh by the way, I started DWC with FloraNova Bloom but I got a ton of CC nutes from a local rep at a 420 hydro shop fest. Since then I went with CC then they started adding extra bloom formula's and such.

This next round I am going back to the basics and doing MaxiBloom KISS method as detailed on that ICmag thread. 5 grams/gallon the whole way through - nothing else. We will see how I make out. If the yields are even close I'm switching as it would be $14 for a kilo of these dry nutes which should be good for several grows.

I know most big hydro setups are using Jacks and such. If MaxiBloom can do what FloraNova can with the lucas formula - i'll be pumped. I wouldn't use flora nova in DWC because it is gunky and has organics. I like to run sterile and clean as possible in DWC. The simpler, the better for me so I hope this experiment turns out favorable. It would make me stoked.

Genesis

Genesis

What if someone prefers blue dream to gg4? There is no absolute best strain, personal preference comes into play.

Excellently said my man. I was at the dispensary, saw some 11% THC GG#4, told them they either got a fake cut or their grower sucks cuz that stinks. GG#4 should be crystal coated goodness. Like fire 20%+, not mediocre looking stuff. I think it was a fake cut prolly, there are a lotta fake cuts of that girl going around.

Kalikush

Kalikush

Mine is a clone smells like blueberry muffins and temple hash I like to pull her at 65 days ish I wish I had a pic she's revegging and looks like shot or I'd snap one

Your clone sounds awesome. Do you know if all of the 'true' BD clones have the blueberry muffin smell? I had a DJ Short blueberry plant that smelled exactly the same but it turned out to be a male with extremely stunted growth and many deformities so it was cut.

Can anyone confirm if they have found a pheno that smells like this from their HSO seeds?

I've tried a couple of different BDs from the dispensary and they vary greatly but the one I really liked was called Platinum Blue Dream so I'm guessing it was crossed with SSH. The nugs were fairly dense, very indica like, but it was an uplifting day time high that was very clean. It had the slightest smell of blueberries after grinding. I'd love to grow this specific one if I could find it.

Last edited:
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Your clone sounds awesome. Do you know if all of the 'true' BD clones have the blueberry muffin smell? I had a DJ Short blueberry plant that smelled exactly the same but it turned out to be a male with extremely stunted growth and many deformities so it was cut.

Can anyone confirm if they have found a pheno that smells like this from their HSO seeds?

I've tried a couple of different BDs from the dispensary and they vary greatly but the one I really liked was called Platinum Blue Dream so I'm guessing it was crossed with SSH. The nugs were fairly dense, very indica like, but it was an uplifting day time high that was very clean. It had the slightest smell of blueberries after grinding. I'd love to grow this specific one if I could find it.
I've been running it for years I mean it fits all the description ive red online to a t I got it from an old head that came from California

gimp73

gimp73

Let us know how you make out. If your nutrients are good (not expired/old) and your water is good it sounds like you are doing everything you should be.

Oh by the way, I started DWC with FloraNova Bloom but I got a ton of CC nutes from a local rep at a 420 hydro shop fest. Since then I went with CC then they started adding extra bloom formula's and such.

This next round I am going back to the basics and doing MaxiBloom KISS method as detailed on that ICmag thread. 5 grams/gallon the whole way through - nothing else. We will see how I make out. If the yields are even close I'm switching as it would be $14 for a kilo of these dry nutes which should be good for several grows.

I know most big hydro setups are using Jacks and such. If MaxiBloom can do what FloraNova can with the lucas formula - i'll be pumped. I wouldn't use flora nova in DWC because it is gunky and has organics. I like to run sterile and clean as possible in DWC. The simpler, the better for me so I hope this experiment turns out favorable. It would make me stoked.

I forgot about this thread. So I changed 2 things and the claw has not shown it self and the yields are back up. I changed from cc nutrients back to ionic and before I was adding cal mag with the new ro water and nutrients plus when I needed to bring the ppms up I would add calmag plus nutrients. Now I only add calmag with new ro and mix. When I need to bring the ppms up I only use nutrients. I do still get tip the second week of 12/12 with my ppms around 300 on the 500 scale. What kind of ppms are you guys running? I start around 100 and never really go over 350, 400 max maybe for a week. Is it possible to get tip burn for to low of a ppm?
I still have not run blue dream. The last 2 were Leroy og and this round is gg4.

R

robz

Week 3 almost on my blue dream room. 18 site uc 40in. Centers. I run CS new formula for the last week after finishing my old jugs. I use the fox farms trio at around 50 ppm. & Cal/Mag @1ml. Per gal. Current PPM is 420-480-500 scale & they're eating over 100 ppm a day. Very happy with the vigor & rate of growth on this pheno. Easily will pull 25 elbows outa this room with 18 buckets & only 12-1000 watt DE. HPS I ain't complaining.
IMG 20161128 194217

gimp73

gimp73

Looking good! I thought I worked in a tight space. You must have to crawl under all the canopy like me to work on them. I am only running 26" centers and keep them a little shorter because I only have 8' ceilings. Looks like you have 10'. What is your room size and how are your buckets laid out?

R

robz

Yes its tight in there but way easier with the scrog as opposed to the cages. Room is 11ft. 6in. Wide 24ft. Long with 10 ft. Ceiling . & buckets on 40in. Centers. Thus run is going to be best yet with Blue Dream proving her wort .

gimp73

gimp73

How long did you veg? Did they go straight in from clone or did you pre veg in another system? Do you have any pics of them smaller showing your scrog setup?

R

robz

Yes veged them two weeks in bubble trays once roots were through the 4in. Cube . Once I've got roots about 8-12 in. They go into UC here is a pic with the first scrog level after 10 days in UC.
IMG 20161107 134902

MurderVille

MurderVille

More than likely you are under feeding. In my estimation, low EC is a myth as you can not satisfy the plants nutrient profile. They need what they need, and cannot get a balanced meal with low EC.

R

robz

I guess it depends on several factors as it relates to low EC. I never went over 650ppm on this Blue Dream room & they are as healthy as can be in week 8 of flower now.
IMG 20161226 204142

Top Bottom