Blue Kripple - Ceveres' Grow Diary #2

• Thread starter Ceveres
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Ever ran Dr. Krippling gear?

• Total voters
Ecompost

Ecompost

That's very interesting because I just saw online where they took spinach leaves, removed the plant matter to leave cellulose and implanted heart cells into it. They had it beating in 5 days. Apparently the human vascular system is closely related to plants structure. Cool stuff!

Totally agree, sometimes it's easier and more cost effective to work with what you got as opposed to trying to fight mother nature. Next week I'll have to check out that nano breathe, seems like something suitable for my situation. Getting tight being close to the holidays and all. Went a little crazy on a genetics auction lol, just bid on and won two auctions. Some purple pez, and a grab bag of a bunch of random packs of beans. 40 total. Got a good deal and went to a good cause so I'm more than happy with it.

Thank you, I've finally dialed in my cloning technique and have been able to keep them healthy from the time I cut them at flip to when my room frees up and I can start pumping them hard. Basically just growing roots until I pot them 2-3 weeks before I harvest the main room. That's all I want them to do at that point, grow roots.

Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens is the bacteria in Hydroguard, supposedly they live in bigger, more vigorous colonies than Subtilis, therefore are able to survive more unfavorable conditions. Idk if that's just marketing? Seemed to help the bio film in my cloner res.
There are a lot of bacteria and enzyme products out, makes it hard to determine which are necessary, useful, or useless. SLF-100 is a product that has huge following, I had some samples and it appears to break down the bone meal gum, but I don't really know if it's worth the price. I found some information on the product (unofficially from the owner, Newton Hayes, but due to legalities and/or labeling laws, I'm unsure why, but I don't think he was able to publish it. I say unofficial bc I found it on the Nectar for the Gods website) Reading that .pdf you posted on PSBs and their role in plant growth promotion, it made me feel slow to learn Bacillus can be PSB. :smoking:

Part of a Q&A with the owner of South Cascade Organics - Newton Hayes -

In your own words Newton, what is SLF-100?
“I want to post what SLF-100 is rather than a bunch of hype. That way, you can do the research
if you want. SLF stands for Submerged Liquid Fermentation. SLF is a microbe based enzymatic
product. We start with a base of microbes which we add to several species of grasses that we
grow. We then bring in plants from extreme environments, for their ability to survive those
extremes, and we let it ferment. Most of the plants we bring in are proprietary but one plant
comes from a salt flat for the plants ability to survive high EC's. From this plant we get bacteria
like Virgibacillus pantothenticus which is known to help plants survive osmotic stress and
produces enzymes necessary to remediate high salt environments. SLF-100 was actually created
to break down salts. Breaking phosphorus bonds and calcium build up (bone gum) are beneficial
side effects from the use of SLF-100. It is not just a microbial product. There are microbes left
from the fermentation process and researching the specific microbes will help to understand what
the product is capable of.
SLF-100 is: A formulation of multiple species of bacteria, however there are four that really
stand out and make their presence known.

• Pseudomonas putida - Phosphor solubilizer - amazing bacteria, also an antagonist for
pythium and fusarium.
• Virgibacillus pantothenticus - production of ectoine and proline, causes plants to adapt to
environmental stressors - among many other things
• Bacillus thuringiensis - helps with some pests - also has anti-pathogenic properties.
• Bacillus subtillus - catalase-positive bacteria - meaning given the ability to grow
overnight in a simple sugar medium and added to H2O2 it will break the extra oxygen
atom off the end - the real enzyme test.”
~ Newton Hayes

Seems like a pretty straight forward and honest guy. I emailed him about trying it and he didn't even respond.. which was kinda weird.. he just sent me 2 small bottles to try. I emailed again to thank and he did respond that time. Here's the original .pdf file if interested - https://nectarmerch.com/collections/digital-downloads/products/slf-100-users-guide

Is this the ideal way to introduce these strains of bacteria?

Sounds Ok to me, and most of the stuff sold contains lots of microbes which are otherwise padding if you like, Literally it would be impossible to make a plant tonic which is specific to a single plant, without sampling every single plant on the planet and in all conditions, but this is in fact the reality in the wild.
Some plants have lots of Biological Primer Partners (BPP), some hardly any. Japanese hogweed has about 20, where Sunflowers about 4. The more BPP relationships you can form, the wider your chance of acquiring what you need at any one time. The plants with lower ratios of BPP's must have conditions that favor these partners, or there will be trouble.

Bac Am is in Bio Media Pro, I have been using it for many years now, in fact since about 1990 I think. Most of the stuff we now use for plant growth promotion and bio control, came from our past/ existing business which was green waste management and mining restoration. This I did before I decided to become a full time farmer, and still do on a consultancy basis.
I make an SLF type of liquid inoculate, called K+AMINO. It is made in a very similar way, except we live in areas of extremes deliberately and so rarely have to ship in, rather taking samples from the wild and then growing these on in situ where we then collect living samples as the base to further process internally using the same basic principles for KNF fermentation.
K+AMINO is rammed full of PSB's KSB. SRB's and Nitrogen fixers. it is highly loaded with bio controls, esp valuable for pre treating land after winter, where negative biology can gain traction amid the cool damp of winter and early spring. If you needed an inoculate for single season plants, this is a really good option. Not just because we make it, but because it can consolidate many of the individual products we might otherwise buy, and it can be used across plant types, including legumes. it is rich in siderophore producing microbes, some of those are in the SLF-100 above I can see.
I use K+AMINO as a foliar at 0.01% from seed up to week 3-4 bloom typically on MJ. It is an excellent seed soak too, containing many microbes that are germination antagonists, working to chew the gums from seeds cases, rhizobial as well as autotrophs working more generally on soil health to restrict common white molds, fusarium and so on.
It also contain trichoderma, both viride and hazarium strains so boith N fixing and Bio Control. We only harvest microbes from the wild, we dont buy in spores for onward cultivation.

Why do we only attempt to use wild microbes and not simply get them from a lab which would be super easy?

Most of the knowledge about Bacillus subtilis derives from studies of laboratory strains growing as planktonic cultures, in which all the individual cells are considered identical. Recently, the study of a natural and undomesticated isolate has revealed that B. subtilis cells display multicellular and social features that were lost in the laboratory strains, which were selected over generations for easy manipulation. In undomesticated strains, certain environmental conditions trigger cells of this bacterium to form multicellular communities where sporulation takes place, and to exhibit some particular social traits, like swarming motility, the fratricide of sibling cells or cannibalism during sporulation, and the release of extracellular DNA. Interestingly, some of these behaviors are based in the heterogeneity of the B. subtilis populations, which has been determined using cell biological techniques like fluorescence and light microscopy. - https://www.caister.com/bacillus2017

:)

Ecompost

Ecompost

Been so busy with the holidays and everything, I forgot to post about my seeds! They came about 2 days after thanksgiving these are the ones I bid on and won (Dunno if I mentioned it). They shipped super fast. I expected a little stoner speed when it came to shipping them out, especially since they were from an auction, and the holidays, but they were here quick!
View attachment 760525 View attachment 760526

For sure what I could make out was -

AJs Sour D
Angel BX#2 (Space Cheese Ă— Angel) - Boneyard
Sour Diesel Ă— Angel - Boneyard seeds
White Lemon
Early Bird (Vashon Kush Ă— Super Early VSM Male) - James Bean
Purple Pez
Goya
HSO Trainwreck
CBS GOG Ă— Mango Kush
MB Blast Ă— ???
Shockwave OG - Ocean Grown
The Ox - Rare Dankness
Orange Mania
Dynasty (Oregon Huckleberry Ă— Ms. Universe)
DBL Ă— ???

That's what I could figure out.. any of you guys grown any of these before? Any gems stick out to you?
score

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks yea I've watched a few of his videos, really good stuff. My question is, I don't need to mix that layer in and add more oats up top? Or does the mycellium travel downward thru the soil without help? Or that's not necessary? This is the pre-fab soil with 1 cup each - alfalfa, neem, kelp, dolo lime and 1/2 cup DE. So I know it's way hot right now. Can I test a plant in it while it sits for a while? At least until I find out how it reacts?
yes sir,plant a bean or a weed seed,im sure it not to hot,but better safe than sorry,if your not going to use any time soon just let it sit,the reason i suggested his video was that if your not ready to use,if you can find under a tree a mushroom or other source you could put the bowl or box ,right there in the basement and make you some IMO,but ya i think you can plant in it now,,you could also do the same and just stir it up keep soil moist not wet,condensation on the underside of lid tells you it is cooking and the it is from the heat,you can put the oats in as much as you like till your ready to use,just stir it a little

Ceveres

Ceveres

yes sir,plant a bean or a weed seed,im sure it not to hot,but better safe than sorry,if your not going to use any time soon just let it sit,the reason i suggested his video was that if your not ready to use,if you can find under a tree a mushroom or other source you could put the bowl or box ,right there in the basement and make you some IMO,but ya i think you can plant in it now,,you could also do the same and just stir it up keep soil moist not wet,condensation on the underside of lid tells you it is cooking and the it is from the heat,you can put the oats in as much as you like till your ready to use,just stir it a little
Oh awesome so I could actually cultivate the IMO from the mycellium I just grew?! That's fricken sweet! Yea it's still condensing inside. I might use a small bit but the majority is going to cook for a few more weeks or month. Thanks!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh awesome so I could actually cultivate the IMO from the mycellium I just grew?! That's fricken sweet! Yea it's still condensing inside. I might use a small bit but the majority is going to cook for a few more weeks or month. Thanks!
see if you can find another source in your yard like fungus on a tree,take a little that and put your rice in a bowl,cover with paper towel,sit it right in the tote were it at,dont disturbe the mycelium and just put the bowl on top of soil,with the fungus and mycelium,just leave the lid cracked about 2 in were air can move threw there,even with paper towel over the rice,the airborne fungus will still get to your rice,after about a week you should have the same stuff on your rice you will see the difrence,,watch chris first video on collection and procedure of making it,when you get it down ,you can take it to next level bro all the way to IMO 4,check that video out bro

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i have a hollow oak tree in my yard,inside it,is always a yellow type fungus growing,i collect the fungus and a little of the soil under it and make it,,i know you can do it

Ceveres

Ceveres

Word, I was under the impression from watching his videos that it had to be the "spider webby" looking stuff? I cut this tree down last year and found it like this, earlier this year -
20171127 104030

Bout 32°F up here in MI right now

Ceveres

Ceveres

i have a hollow oak tree in my yard,inside it,is always a yellow type fungus growing,i collect the fungus and a little of the soil under it and make it,,i know you can do it
Have you made OHN, FPJ, LAB, or anything also? IIRC, he uses them in his IMO and LAB can be made with the rice rinse water. And his OHN is like 3 years old so he doesn't use much. You end up getting that book?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Word, I was under the impression from watching his videos that it had to be the "spider webby" looking stuff? I cut this tree down last year and found it like this, earlier this year -
View attachment 760561
Bout 32°F up here in MI right now
perfect ,put a bowl of rice as close into it as you can and leave it for a week till you get the fungus on the rice

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Have you made OHN, FPJ, LAB, or anything also? IIRC, he uses them in his IMO and LAB can be made with the rice rinse water. And his OHN is like 3 years old so he doesn't use much. You end up getting that book?
LAB so far,the ohn is pretty herbs are pretty hard to get ahold of,got to get from online here,lol,the IMO is on the list ,my lazy ass just hasnt done it,,the FPJ is gonna be made from my tomato plants when i harvest them,about another week,got to have equal part brown sugar as plant material,so the pay day is waiting hahahah,i already have half 5 gal bucket of comfrey juice im using right now

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

perfect ,put a bowl of rice as close into it as you can and leave it for a week till you get the fungus on the rice
just make sure varmits cant get ahold of it,that why he uses the wire basket,i would also add a little of that soil you made on top of lid or paper towel,just barely go under the mycelium,still want enough soil for it to eat,and shade the stump or bowl if you can,the rice will turn grayish color when ready

Ceveres

Ceveres

just make sure varmits cant get ahold of it,that why he uses the wire basket,i would also add a little of that soil you made on top of lid or paper towel,just barely go under the mycelium,still want enough soil for it to eat,and shade the stump or bowl if you can,the rice will turn grayish color when ready

Hell Yea! Sounds like fun. I'll have to go out and get some rice. Just plain ol short grain white rice? I'll screen it in and make a box somehow to defend against critters. Get 2 birds stoned at once and make some LAB while I'm at it.. Let's get ALL SORTS of Korean Natural Farming up in here!! Lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hell Yea! Sounds like fun. I'll have to go out and get some rice. Just plain ol short grain white rice? I'll screen it in and make a box somehow to defend against critters. Get 2 birds stoned at once and make some LAB while I'm at it.. Let's get ALL SORTS of Korean Natural Farming up in here!! Lol
its easy and natural,if you got all local stuff good to go,the angelica root and ginger root i got to go online for,every thing else i have,,that fermented plant juice doesnt have to be what he uses,any plant will work,main thing get it first thing in morning,im using tomato plants and green bean bushes,for mine,,be warned though,i way over did the LAB,i got 12 mason jars full of it and had to throw the rest on my compost pile with the curd,made way to much,so if you make i cup of rice milk,do 10 cups reg milk,you should wind up with about 5 or 6 cups of the LAB,use that curd on your compost,or even put it in your soil you made it will break down from feeding pretty quick and that more life if you dig,,after you make the FPJ there is another process you can do to make vinegar from the left over plant material

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

its easy and natural,if you got all local stuff good to go,the angelica root and ginger root i got to go online for,every thing else i have,,that fermented plant juice doesnt have to be what he uses,any plant will work,main thing get it first thing in morning,im using tomato plants and green bean bushes,for mine,,be warned though,i way over did the LAB,i got 12 mason jars full of it and had to throw the rest on my compost pile with the curd,made way to much,so if you make i cup of rice milk,do 10 cups reg milk,you should wind up with about 5 or 6 cups of the LAB,use that curd on your compost,or even put it in your soil you made it will break down from feeding pretty quick and that more life if you dig,,after you make the FPJ there is another process you can do to make vinegar from the left over plant material
also dont know if you caught the mixture for feeding was a tbsp per gallon of water

Ceveres

Ceveres

Unfortunately I'm in the middle of the city if you dig and even tho it's been a weird ass winter so far with no snow, I don't have access to many materials that might be easy access to someone with a decent outdoor home garden, like comfrey or even beans and tomatoes. Usually my compost pile sprouts some mean tomato plants but this year I didn't get anything. Guess we didn't eat as many tomatoes as the last few years.

Here's a overhead shot of the garden and a pic of the plants in the veg room
20171202 232000

20171202 231933

I'll try and remember to take a few more close up pics while I am watering both rooms tonight when I get home.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Unfortunately I'm in the middle of the city if you dig and even tho it's been a weird ass winter so far with no snow, I don't have access to many materials that might be easy access to someone with a decent outdoor home garden, like comfrey or even beans and tomatoes. Usually my compost pile sprouts some mean tomato plants but this year I didn't get anything. Guess we didn't eat as many tomatoes as the last few years.

Here's a overhead shot of the garden and a pic of the plants in the veg room
View attachment 761656
View attachment 761655

I'll try and remember to take a few more close up pics while I am watering both rooms tonight when I get home.
time for transplanting,they probally root bound on ya ,thing i found out quick in the solo cups,was the roots would work there way up,i thought the plant was getting taller but the root growth was forcing all the soil to the top,and they needed feed twice a day,,how tall are those plants

Organikz

Organikz

@Ceveres
I would have to agree with @oldskol4evr on this. I only do one TP...from the clone/start dome into final container. Every stress during a plants life cycle will contribute to less than satisfactory genetic expressions. In no till we direct sow beans. I didn't do it this time due to them being heirloom and me having limited supply but once I have a half quart mason jar full iys direct sow all the way. When i did direct sow I didn't see one burnt tip or any stress whatsoever.

Ceveres

Ceveres

They're not root bound. They just made it out of the cloner. I don't like to go into final pots right away for many reasons, including no room under veg lights, and pots taking to long to dry without the rootmass filling the media.

Ceveres

Ceveres

@Ceveres
I would have to agree with @oldskol4evr on this. I only do one TP...from the clone/start dome into final container. Every stress during a plants life cycle will contribute to less than satisfactory genetic expressions. In no till we direct sow beans. I didn't do it this time due to them being heirloom and me having limited supply but once I have a half quart mason jar full iys direct sow all the way. When i did direct sow I didn't see one burnt tip or any stress whatsoever.

The burnt tips were from neem application defeating spider mites earlier this year. I'm really not worried, I will be culling the runts and taking the champs to full term due to space limitations anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom