Blue Kush And Peyote Cookies With Critical+

• Thread starter crimsonecho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hmmmm, pineapple from the PAK, how interesting. That is not a flavor I would have expected from from it. You told me hash and grapes that would make sense.

I agree that I do grow for quality over quantity, but I do care a little about yield, I want to make sure I have enough smoke to keep me held over between rounds.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hmmmm, pineapple from the PAK, how interesting. That is not a flavor I would have expected from from it. You told me hash and grapes that would make sense.

I agree that I do grow for quality over quantity, but I do care a little about yield, I want to make sure I have enough smoke to keep me held over between rounds.

Oh i got lots of weed for now. I’m really after finding good phenos and this grow will be the same too. Next run tho, it’ll be different.

To be more precise about the taste, it has a peppery burn in the back of the throat with a chemical note (mostly on #2). Like paint thinner or something. And yeah grapes, pineapples, fruity top notes in general. Hash? May be, it needs a cure to express all its beauty.

Last edited:
L0ki907

L0ki907

I just manicured & jarred 2 plants of Sour Diesel. Test smoke says no mistaking this for anything else. Now the excruciating 2-3 week wait.

Glad to hear this crop was a winner for you.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I just manicured & jarred 2 plants of Sour Diesel. Test smoke says no mistaking this for anything else. Now the excruciating 2-3 week wait.

Glad to hear this crop was a winner for you.

Thanks man. Yeah waiting is a bitch. Also happy to hear you got yourself some unmistakable diesel :)

BobaJob

BobaJob

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
My GF always tells me to get rid of them and I hate to... I lave all the spiders in my house, they're my room mates and let's face it, they're only trying to make a living - now I have an excuse to just leave them. they help the garden lol

Everything is just amazing and beautiful if you can shed your inhibitions and fears. I can’t bring myself to kill anything because it serves a purpose. It needs to be there and if i’m afraid of it, that means i don’t belong there.

BobaJob

BobaJob

Everything is just amazing and beautiful if you can shed your inhibitions and fears. I can’t bring myself to kill anything because it serves a purpose. It needs to be there and if i’m afraid of it, that means i don’t belong there.

That's not far off how I look at it... I never used to be but as I have got older I find I am in love with nature. That's the main reason I want to grow organically, it's evolved over god only knows how many years, it knows what it's doing but aside from that, we're organic and I don't think we should be putting chemicals inside us. It clearly has an effect. Go to the far away places away places like up in the mountains etc, the people live for over a hundred regularly and don't have any of the fucked up diseases we have.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
That's not far off how I look at it... I never used to be but as I have got older I find I am in love with nature. That's the main reason I want to grow organically, it's evolved over god only knows how many years, it knows what it's doing but aside from that, we're organic and I don't think we should be putting chemicals inside us. It clearly has an effect. Go to the far away places away places like up in the mountains etc, the people live for over a hundred regularly and don't have any of the fucked up diseases we have.

Industrial farming and industrial meat production is killing us all, fullstop. Sad fact is that we’re breeding so fast its the only path we have, or so we think. Chemicals are fucked up for sure but sadly they’re the only solution that seems “convenient” to us. Throw in ions that we know plants can’t grow without and let it produce.

Now if we think about it, what happens in soil is not some dark magic shit. The cow shit gets eaten by microbes and they shit ions and they die and release ions and plant takes it up. Much like feeding chemical nutrients. But the difference is, in organics, plant has a wide array of different elements coming from everywhere in relatively small but consistent doses.

So if you look at it, plant still takes up ions but in a much more naturally balanced way. Of course this applies only if your soil is balanced :) the enzymes, aminos, organic acids and many many other goodies are also present in this amazing micro cosmos we call rhizosphere. This is such a healthy living for a plant and such a happy life.

And one more important thing is, while we’re providing complex materials like composts and ewc and manure etc. the plant also chooses what it takes up to a good degree. Plant is not some inanimate object we fill with compost sludge. The way plant does this is with its root exudates. It uses this processes to favor some microbes over the others. So those microbes do their things and plant gets what it needs. Does not work with chemicals as those ions will directly go into the plant and if you have miscalcuated you will burn the shit out of it.

Anycase, if one has the option why one wouldn’t go with organics is just a mystery to me. All those goodies, humic-fulvic acids, enzymes, hormones, aminos, vitamins etc etc. Plant doesn’t “need” them to live but it wants them to be happy and healthy. I think thats why most of the problems in infirmary are from chemical dudes and hydro guys.

Wow! I kept talking and talking.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Might as well post an update. Tracking shows the pots are on their way and probably will arrive this week.

Its not a big problem but i’m also attempting to make a seed run and it would be nice to keep the tent in veg before i see balls on the pollen mothers. Well there are lots of intricate calculations going on. Its just, right now, its preferable to keep the tent in veg :D

But they’re getting rootbound. The bigger ones. Blue kush and peyote cookies.

Mental note; move the plants from the mini tent into the main tent and move the seed mothers and the bonsai mothers into the mini tent and keep it in veg, flip the main tent. Let the pollen mothers rock under floros and when they show balls move them to the mini tent with seed mothers and get the bonsai mothers under floros and keep it in veg, flip the mini tent. Also scatter herbs and spices everywhere :)

Anyway here are some rootbound pictures.

487EFD8D D9A9 4CF1 AF5C 656297D2CC5A
AF7F6471 66CA 40FF A46D 89B04D634FF0
312C3977 D05C 4EA5 B575 186724A65EB0
14C3C9E4 ECC0 4D33 ABA1 12C53AB4DD5A

BobaJob

BobaJob

Industrial farming and industrial meat production is killing us all, fullstop. Sad fact is that we’re breeding so fast its the only path we have, or so we think. Chemicals are fucked up for sure but sadly they’re the only solution that seems “convenient” to us. Throw in ions that we know plants can’t grow without and let it produce.

Now if we think about it, what happens in soil is not some dark magic shit. The cow shit gets eaten by microbes and they shit ions and they die and release ions and plant takes it up. Much like feeding chemical nutrients. But the difference is, in organics, plant has a wide array of different elements coming from everywhere in relatively small but consistent doses.

So if you look at it, plant still takes up ions but in a much more naturally balanced way. Of course this applies only if your soil is balanced :) the enzymes, aminos, organic acids and many many other goodies are also present in this amazing micro cosmos we call rhizosphere. This is such a healthy living for a plant and such a happy life.

And one more important thing is, while we’re providing complex materials like composts and ewc and manure etc. the plant also chooses what it takes up to a good degree. Plant is not some inanimate object we fill with compost sludge. The way plant does this is with its root exudates. It uses this processes to favor some microbes over the others. So those microbes do their things and plant gets what it needs. Does not work with chemicals as those ions will directly go into the plant and if you have miscalcuated you will burn the shit out of it.

Anycase, if one has the option why one wouldn’t go with organics is just a mystery to me. All those goodies, humic-fulvic acids, enzymes, hormones, aminos, vitamins etc etc. Plant doesn’t “need” them to live but it wants them to be happy and healthy. I think thats why most of the problems in infirmary are from chemical dudes and hydro guys.

Wow! I kept talking and talking.

Yeah I've read quite a bit and soil is a living thing in so much as the organisms that ate in it... apparently it's them that feed the plant so you feed the soil... in any case it makes no sense to me why people wouldn't favour organic too. I'd take natural with less yield over chemical with more any day simply because I'm personally consuming it. That's the main reason I'm growing for myself but financial reasons too. Why am I going to pay through the nose for weed that in most cases has been grown by someone for profit alone which means they probably use mirical grow or some shit. People say flushing gets rid of it but I cannot see how. As far as I'm concerned once the plant has taken up chemicals a certain amount of it will be in tissue and no amount of flushing will remove that and personally I don't wanna be smoking that shit. I may be wrong but like fuck am I taking the chance. As far as I'm concerned if it wasn't intended to be used on things for human consumption I don't want to use it.. I'll use tomorite before I use anything else

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yeah I've read quite a bit and soil is a living thing in so much as the organisms that ate in it... apparently it's them that feed the plant so you feed the soil... in any case it makes no sense to me why people wouldn't favour organic too. I'd take natural with less yield over chemical with more any day simply because I'm personally consuming it. That's the main reason I'm growing for myself but financial reasons too. Why am I going to pay through the nose for weed that in most cases has been grown by someone for profit alone which means they probably use mirical grow or some shit. People say flushing gets rid of it but I cannot see how. As far as I'm concerned once the plant has taken up chemicals a certain amount of it will be in tissue and no amount of flushing will remove that and personally I don't wanna be smoking that shit. I may be wrong but like fuck am I taking the chance. As far as I'm concerned if it wasn't intended to be used on things for human consumption I don't want to use it.. I'll use tomorite before I use anything else

The thing is, yield is really an outcome of good practices and not the style of grow. You can get huge huge trees with organics and chemicals. People just use that stuff because its more convenient and there is good advertisement behind them. Those companies know how to create hype. Same goes for organics companies too. One more bottle will make it all right. No it’ll not. Its gonna throw your balance off more than likely and cause more problems. Its the train of thought of a junky.

Only thing you really need is good compost-manure and healthy, aerated soil. These are all full spectrum plant fertilizers with all the goodies. No need to keep adding stuff. So you see, you cannot create the same hype around worm or cow or horse shit but liquidize the shit and brand it with a catchy name and charge 10x more. I personally try to make my own liquid fertilizers too. From manure, ewc, guano, banana peels, neem meal, stinging nettle, alfalfa, aloe vera etc etc. These come in handy for a quick boost in the times of acute deficiencies or at the most vigorous stages of flower production.

For flushing, yeah, it will not get anything out of the plant. We had this conversation here on the farm many many times :) I really hate the term flushing. I rather use leaching or fading but people love their flushes :) what do we mean by a flush? If its like running copious amounts of water. Thats so unnecessary. But if we are talking about holding off nutes at the last 2 weeks or so, yeah i’m ok with that. It’ll induce senescence in the plant and plant will start to break down chlorophyll which in return will make the smoke smoother. But of course, not overfeeding is the only true “flush”. Again not a concern with true organics as you will not bottle feed them and they’ll get whats available to them in the soil. So if your soil is balanced, just let them do their thing.

Last edited:
BobaJob

BobaJob

The thing is, yield is really an outcome of good practices and not the style of grow. You can get huge huge trees with organics and chemicals. People just use that stuff because its more convenient and there is good advertisement behind them. Those companies know how to create hype. Same goes for organics companies too. One more bottle will make it all right. No it’ll not. Its gonna throw your balance off more than likely and cause more problems. Its the train of thought of a junky.

Only thing you really need is good compost-manure and healthy, aerated soil. These are all full spectrum plant fertilizers with all the goodies. No need to keep adding stuff. So you see, you cannot create the same hype around worm or cow or horse shit but liquidize the shit and brand it with a catchy name and charge 10x more. I personally try to make my own liquid fertilizers too. From manure, ewc, guano, banana peels, neem meal, stinging nettle, alfalfa, aloe vera etc etc. These come in handy for a quick boost in the times of acute deficiencies or at the height of production.

For flushing, yeah, it will not get anything out of the plant. We had this conversation here on the farm many many times :) I really hate the term flushing. I rather use leaching or fading but people love their flushes :) what do we mean by a flush? If its like running copious amounts of water. Thats so unnecessary. But if we are talking about holding off nutes at the last 2 weeks or so, yeah i’m ok with that. It’ll induce senescence in the plant and plant will start to break down chlorophyll which in return will make the smoke smoother. But of course, not overfeeding is the only true “flush”. Again not a concern with true organics as you will not bottle feed them and they’ll get whats available to them in the soil. So if your soil is balanced, just let them do their thing.

I'd love to be able to have good fertile land, and let them do their thing naturally... that has to be the best way. Don't fix what isn't broken.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I have been notified that the pots have arrived to the local post office. Hopefully i’ll be flipping them in a couple of days. I just transplanted the big ones into a little bigger pots because they were getting very droopy. Now they are better.

Somethings happening in the soil too. This mix is really rich with manure and ewc. I haven’t really decided if i should go full strength or half and half with a light mix. Tho i can probably go just water for more than a month with this mix in the 1 gallon pots i ordered.

BF7BB5AB BA32 42C1 9882 3336A3EBADEC

Last edited:
L0ki907

L0ki907

I've spent the last 2 days diving into organic soil & no-till growing threads, and I'm chomping at the bit for my tax return to show up.

If I want to source all my amendments via 50lb bags, it will be around $350-400 but I'll be set on everything but peat moss & pumice for years lol.

Also going to grab the 600W QB kit from HLG. Cant wait to see that in the tent.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I've spent the last 2 days diving into organic soil & no-till growing threads, and I'm chomping at the bit for my tax return to show up.

If I want to source all my amendments via 50lb bags, it will be around $350-400 but I'll be set on everything but peat moss & pumice for years lol.

Also going to grab the 600W QB kit from HLG. Cant wait to see that in the tent.

Buying in bulk sure saves a ton of money but also keep in mind that it really doesnt really take much to create a fertile soil. Sometimes we get a little over enthusiastic and cause problems like i will in this grow, probably :)

Hlg 600w, good choice. Heard nothing but good things about it. I use about 500-550w of cobs in a 4x4 but will only utilize 2x2 with cannabis this grow. Rest is filled with some herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers etc etc. Leds really are amazing. Waiting for your journal to see how much you’ll like them.

L0ki907

L0ki907

I have 3 bell peppers, 5 Georgia Peach tomatoes and 2 cherry tomatoes sharing the 315 CMH in the veg area right now. Once daytime temps are high enough, I'm moving them to Alaska buckets in the driveway (I cant wait to move out of the city).

L0ki907

L0ki907

On the cannabis side of things, I found that I can source crab meal, compost & rock dust all from local sources (the last being available by the ton for free at several non-mined rivers).

I'm building a vermicompost bin with reds and African nightcrawlers as well. While the reds are the preferred composter, from what I've read that seems to hinge upon reproductive rates. I've found a few threads where the old timers were using them in the same bins and having no issues.

The nightcrawlers open a door I've been contemplating for a while; aquaponics. The fish I would want/need to use in AK would be trout or burbot which would both need a food source like worms, rather than tilapia which would eat green scraps.

3 words my friend. Beer. Battered. Burbot. What's not to love about a fresh water cod?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
On the cannabis side of things, I found that I can source crab meal, compost & rock dust all from local sources (the last being available by the ton for free at several non-mined rivers).

I'm building a vermicompost bin with reds and African nightcrawlers as well. While the reds are the preferred composter, from what I've read that seems to hinge upon reproductive rates. I've found a few threads where the old timers were using them in the same bins and having no issues.

The nightcrawlers open a door I've been contemplating for a while; aquaponics. The fish I would want/need to use in AK would be trout or burbot which would both need a food source like worms, rather than tilapia which would eat green scraps.

3 words my friend. Beer. Battered. Burbot. What's not to love about a fresh water cod?

Truly a great meal :)

You’re living in alaska right? So you cannot keep the worm bins outside because they would freeze over winter. And worm bins inside could maybe cause some smell if you dont have a proper area to compost. If thats a problem you can look into “bokashi”.

Sweet smelling waste ferment. Another advantage of bokashi is that you can throw in anything. Meats, dairy anything and those microbes will devour it all. You can place the bokashi in the bottom of your pots and put couple of worms in each pot and they’ll make fresh castings from bokashi as the plant grows. Mhhh! Fresh castings from bokashi, whats not to like :)

Worms are very useful on their own too. If you have a heated garage or something like that where the smell will not bother you and you can keep the temps around 21-25 all year around, go for it. Self sufficiency is priceless.

Aquaponics is just too complicated for me. The setup and all but if you can do it with success i’d happy to watch :)

B

Burned Haze

Buying in bulk sure saves a ton of money but also keep in mind that it really doesnt really take much to create a fertile soil. Sometimes we get a little over enthusiastic and cause problems like i will in this grow, probably :)

Hlg 600w, good choice. Heard nothing but good things about it. I use about 500-550w of cobs in a 4x4 but will only utilize 2x2 with cannabis this grow. Rest is filled with some herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers etc etc. Leds really are amazing. Waiting for your journal to see how much you’ll like them.

Leds made indoors non commercially (if you want it to be ) in my viewpoints cause after running hps/de’s..........

Hps= They weren’t ever intended for plant cultivation in the first place, they are a fire hazard , light bulb replacements , gives more popcorn imo and way less fun to work under cause you feel like your under a oven ( exp if your like me when I always wear chem cover all’s, gloves, rubber boots and a helmet it def feels hotter lol)

I realize 3-5 years ago when purple led/ led lights were to expensive it wasn’t a option . It def can be option/choice now :)

Yaaay

Last edited by a moderator:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Wow! I’m tired. Have been working in the tent non stop for the last 4 hours. Moving plants to different tents, up potting, moving trays and shit. But it looks nice now. I flipped them. I ordered only 10 pots because the plan was to go with only 6 plants but shit happened and now there is 12. So a little crowded but i’ll manage i think.

You can see, the big ones are cupping downwards, the little pots were really tiny and they outgrew those pretty quickly. Well i should order some medium sized ones too.

I went with full mix. I hope they react well to it. The full mix is like this;

-Biobizz light-mix
-Neem cake (6-0-2)
-GK complete organics (2-5-3)
-GK bat guano (1-10-1)
-Plagron bat guano (3-15-4)
-Ewc (1-0-0)
-Manure (1-0-5)
-Pumice
-Zeolite
-Lava stones
-Hydrotons
-Perlite
-Carbon pellets soaked in various fpes

Its a very rich mix. Lets see what happens. :)

15E6D471 B3C9 4388 A1E3 DB8D0DAD76C5
F119BC45 C816 43B2 A678 B370682F3441
11798773 ACF2 434D 864E 3F16EF6B7955
53A26DAD 5523 4AC9 9568 0A31C4CA4405

Last edited:
Top Bottom