Blueberries And Purple Afghans

• Thread starter crimsonecho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DylonWyatt

Looks good bro! Love blueberries myself. Here is one from summer. This bush yielded about 12lbs!! Still smoking it! Lol! Matter of fact toked one before I got in forum

Looks great, how's the quality? :shockedninja: The greenhouse as I see You did yourself, by the wind does not break through the hole? I can't decide whether to make it myself or buy it from plastic/glass. :)

Monster762

Monster762

Looks good bro! Love blueberries myself. Here is one from summer. This bush yielded about 12lbs!! Still smoking it! Lol! Matter of fact toked one before I got in forum
Yeah only thing I don’t like so far about blueberry strains they seem to all need a lot of trimming. Leaf to bud ratio not real good but smoke is good though. This is blueberry cross I made. It’s xbj16 male and blotto ogk female. Xbj16 is dj short blueberry x spacedawg Blotto is ecsd x legend ogk. This is by far the blueberry leaning pheno. Most been like the mother but this smells pure berry funk. Not cured yet. But still real tasty. Def indica high.
B52CBF6D 27FE 4B89 8E6C BBC59DE712C5
470F2740 625A 4716 94DC 2EF1FE5DD712

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yeah only thing I don’t like so far about blueberry strains they seem to all need a lot of trimming. Leaf to bud ratio not real good but smoke is good though. This is blueberry cross I made. It’s xbj16 male and blotto ogk female. Xbj16 is dj short blueberry x spacedawg Blotto is ecsd x legend ogk. This is by far the blueberry leaning pheno. Most been like the mother but this smells pure berry funk. Not cured yet. But still real tasty. Def indica high. View attachment 843942View attachment 843944
You should get yourself a glass pipe. The flavor comes through a lot more on glass.

ethcan

ethcan

Yeah only thing I don’t like so far about blueberry strains they seem to all need a lot of trimming. Leaf to bud ra tio not real good but smoke is good though. This is blueberry cross I made. It’s xbj16 male and blotto ogk female. Xbj16 is dj short blueberry x spacedawg Blotto is ecsd x legend ogk. This is by far the blueberry leaning pheno. Most been like the mother but this smells pure berry funk. Not cured yet. But still real tasty. Def indica high.

Blueberry is getting the cut out of my line up because of the leaf to bud ratio. I definitely feel you there. It is disease resistant, smokes well, smells amazing. But the leaf to calyx ratio is just too high to make it logistically viable to run. Too much labor to defoliate, trim, and process.

Pretty plant though.

Firefox 2Bgs93ILOf
Firefox 3CqhgZHPXo
Firefox 9XB7AsPMNI

Monster762

Monster762

You should get yourself a glass pipe. The flavor comes through a lot more on glass.
Yeah I know. I got couple glass pieces. They’re just big I need to find a decent small one that won’t break easy. That’s my travel piece.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Yeah I know. I got couple glass pieces. They’re just big I need to find a decent small one that won’t break easy. That’s my travel piece.
I personally like chillin's they look like a crack pipe but are a little more discreet than usinh a glass pipe with a carb.
I.E. I find myself using my knees to steer in order for me to have my hands free for carb and lighter haha oops

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok. The mystery has been solved. My soil is a bit hot. Still doesn’t solely explain why blueberry show these symptoms because it got transplanted into the same mix. Well its probably root pruning with too much nutes. Well 2 alg-a-mic sprays cleared those right up.

Since i’m not worried about yields this grow, i’m truly experimenting with training. So some are manifolded (pak #1), some are topped constantly to get a bushy structure (blueberry #1). PAK #2 has 8 growth tips and PAK #3 one has 6, Blueberry #2 has 8 growth tips (these are all manifold like structures but using different shoots). And finally blueberry #3 is just topped twice and has 4 mains.

Now all this topping and pruning slows me down a bit but i want to get a canopy as even as it can be. Which is hard with these Blueberries :)

Well anyway, there is some nitrogen abundance. The tips clearly shows that but i’m confident they will get over it when i flip. Giving 3-4 more days for them to just relax then i’ll flip them. The main idea here is to find a good pheno of each (resin, taste, smell, quality and high) and i’ll do a seed run with these phenos. Really want to cross Dinachem with a good Blueberry (if there is one in there) :D tho Blueberry #1 is promising. A total freak and a very minty berry smell :)

C3F70E65 40A9 436C B6DA 098C63BE4569

Also we’re at phase three, again this means all the bars are running :) very uniform readings along the canopy.

7C42AB5E 0B24 4630 B385 D6E0E83B2458

And here are the gals. Seems like a little bit more light mix is in order for the next run :)

8645AC8A 50AD 4B97 A3E8 FD8AE301B049

Heres the blueberry #1 that was burning. I topped it 2 more times in the last 4-5 days. It grows very fast.

29087448 C3C0 44DA 81E0 5E14AE3904E9

Ps; the droop in PAKs leaves are not entirely because nitrogen abundance it actually genetically has very droopy, claw like leaves.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Looks great, how's the quality? :shockedninja: The greenhouse as I see You did yourself, by the wind does not break through the hole? I can't decide whether to make it myself or buy it from plastic/glass. :)
That was the outdoor cover house, winter we resheet it with 8mil poly, tops and sides , and redo the weed block. Add a few propane heaters to keep the heat in and we just veg in there . 22 rows are just like that older houses we have . Got a few new hoop designs houses coming online in a week with automated dep.
Will post pics in am
But plastic blue bee Brand horticulture sheeting lasts about 5 yrs and is bpa free

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Anyone running any black beauty strain from the afghan lineage?
Seen that pop up on local news. Apparently it’s a cure all and works for diabetes?
I’m curious and may run some cuts if I can get my hands on some

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Yeah only thing I don’t like so far about blueberry strains they seem to all need a lot of trimming. Leaf to bud ratio not real good but smoke is good though. This is blueberry cross I made. It’s xbj16 male and blotto ogk female. Xbj16 is dj short blueberry x spacedawg Blotto is ecsd x legend ogk. This is by far the blueberry leaning pheno. Most been like the mother but this smells pure berry funk. Not cured yet. But still real tasty. Def indica high. View attachment 843942View attachment 843944
Nice work. I’d rock that strain in the tent all day

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I want to try northernberry from peak or blueberry jam from dr A to see if it can replace straight blueberry for me. I find a good northern lights is a similar kind of buzz. Buddy grew a blueberry jam plant and it was tasty and excellent but didn’t yield great.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I topped blueberry #3 again and flipped. From now on they are at 12/12.

3B77691D 5106 40A4 B7BF 6E71D1428FC5

I want to keep them small and bushy because this is just a sample run. The chosen ones will get another run and also get a chance to breed.

Top Bottom