Blueberry Clones

• Thread starter IceIceMasey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IceIceMasey

Blueberry clones
Blueberry clones 2
Hi I’m looking for some suggestions for 3 outdoor blueberry clones. They seem to be off to a decent start but I’m trying to keep it as discreet as possible before they get out of hand. My main question is if I should be doing any trimming on the lower branches as they are really filling out a lot of the plant, or should I be topping them even though I know some people may disagree with that technique...or should I leave them alone to grow wild and free? Any input is appreciated thanks In advance

RR1

RR1

View attachment 811550 View attachment 811551 Hi I’m looking for some suggestions for 3 outdoor blueberry clones. They seem to be off to a decent start but I’m trying to keep it as discreet as possible before they get out of hand. My main question is if I should be doing any trimming on the lower branches as they are really filling out a lot of the plant, or should I be topping them even though I know some people may disagree with that technique...or should I leave them alone to grow wild and free? Any input is appreciated thanks In advance
They look fairly discrete. As summer goes along and they get bigger you can bend to give a different shape.
Something I did for my buddy years ago, he had plants around the back of his house, and they got big. I went to the local fake flower store and got a bunch of big yellow flowers and pinned then to his plants when he was gone. He came home and couldn’t believe the different look. To the casual observer they looked like ornamentals.
Sometimes the best way to hide is in plain site.
Good luck, don’t get busted or ripped.
RR1

MissBotany

MissBotany

View attachment 811550 View attachment 811551 Hi I’m looking for some suggestions for 3 outdoor blueberry clones. They seem to be off to a decent start but I’m trying to keep it as discreet as possible before they get out of hand. My main question is if I should be doing any trimming on the lower branches as they are really filling out a lot of the plant, or should I be topping them even though I know some people may disagree with that technique...or should I leave them alone to grow wild and free? Any input is appreciated thanks In advance

If you want to keep them short, top them.

I

IceIceMasey

Right now I just have the cages there for support they were starting to get a good lean going but I’ll give the yellow flowers a go that seems easy enough

I

IceIceMasey

Thanks everyone I’ll post a pic of the final results come fall time

Latest posts

Top Bottom