Blumats Or Sub Irrigation?

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

Hey you guys, i'm growing in a compost, peat, lava rock in equal parts with amendments. I'm considering building a 3x3 or 4x4 bed soon and i'm strong considering sub irrigation.

Is there any draw backs to sub irrigation? Is there commonly root rot or mold issues? is there anything else i should consider before moving from cloth pots to a sub irrigation setup?

my primary reasoning for wanting to have this is the simplicity, with blumats you have to remember to turn them off, and as simple as it is it's very easy to forget. Also it would be nice to just bubble some kelp and strain it and dump down a tube rather than watering for 30 minutes with a sprayer lol.

Freshone

Freshone

Why would you turn blumats off unless you have a runaway?defeats the purpose of them doesnt it?Theres some blogs on buildasoil..com of some soma style sips if you want to check out some sub irrigation reading.I grow in beds sometimes and just topwater normally myself.

F

FutureGrower

Why would you turn blumats off unless you have a runaway?defeats the purpose of them doesnt it?Theres some blogs on buildasoil..com of some soma style sips if you want to check out some sub irrigation reading.I grow in beds sometimes and just topwater normally myself.

Once every other week or so to give them some teas without clogging the blumats is what I was thinking. I've since decided I'll be going blumats in the future and sticking to my fabric pota and adjusting a little slower

Top Bottom