Bodhi Apollo 11f4 And Other Strains

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, chopped the remaining four plants just a lil bit ago. Pics will be posted either tomorrow morning (if I can figure out how I did it last time haha) or later in the day, once my girl gets home from work. Gonna let the tent/light/fans etc rest until these last four (the two PTs, the Clusterfunk and the other Goldstar) are dried, trimmed and jarrred. Also wanna just really scrub down the whole room. Ya know, cuz I'm OCD like that. Also need to get my dirt in order. Mixed up a new batch a whiiiiile ago, used equal parts Bu's blend and Agrowin for the humus part this time, been sitting in my garage for a bit, but I wanna hit it with an AACT before I use it. I'll start brewing that tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are the seeds I have to choose from for the next run. If there's anything someone's suuuuuper-curious to see grown out or has had good experiences with, lemme know.

Dream Beaver
Mountain Temple
Lotus Larry
Tree of Life
Sunshine Daydream
Goji OG
Super Snow Lotus
The Fuzz
And more of the Apollos, Clusterfunks, Gold Stars and Prayer Towers (obviously)

Those are the Bodhi strains. Also have a pack of El Jefe Thai (Durban Thai Highflyer f2 x Bubble n Squeak) from KOS. I reeeealllly wanna pop those, but I also wanna f2 them, so I'm almost definitely gonna wait a while, until I'm confident that I can do that right.

Got some Skunk #1 freebies (regular seeds, not feminized) that I'm interested in, but those will have to wait. Not even sure which seed company they're from. Also have a pack of Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush that I'm curious about, but those will probably have to wait, too. There's a few other packs I have that I can't remember off of the top of my head, so I guess I must not be that interested in them, but yeah, they're around haha.

Anyway, gotta get some sleep. Pics tomorrow for sure.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Okay, chopped the remaining four plants just a lil bit ago. Pics will be posted either tomorrow morning (if I can figure out how I did it last time haha) or later in the day, once my girl gets home from work. Gonna let the tent/light/fans etc rest until these last four (the two PTs, the Clusterfunk and the other Goldstar) are dried, trimmed and jarrred. Also wanna just really scrub down the whole room. Ya know, cuz I'm OCD like that. Also need to get my dirt in order. Mixed up a new batch a whiiiiile ago, used equal parts Bu's blend and Agrowin for the humus part this time, been sitting in my garage for a bit, but I wanna hit it with an AACT before I use it. I'll start brewing that tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are the seeds I have to choose from for the next run. If there's anything someone's suuuuuper-curious to see grown out or has had good experiences with, lemme know.

Dream Beaver
Mountain Temple
Lotus Larry
Tree of Life
Sunshine Daydream
Goji OG
Super Snow Lotus
The Fuzz

Those are the Bodhi strains. Also have a pack of El Jefe Thai (Durban Thai Highflyer f2 x Bubble n Squeak) from KOS. I reeeealllly wanna pop those, but I also wanna f2 them, so I'm almost definitely gonna wait a while, until I'm confident that I can do that right.

Got some Skunk #1 freebies (regular seeds, not feminized) that I'm interested in, but those will have to wait. Not even sure which seed company they're from. Also have a pack of Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush that I'm curious about, but those will probably have to wait, too. There's a few other packs I have that I can't remember off of the top of my head, so I guess I must not be that interested in them, but yeah, they're around haha.

@Minitiger You just let that OCD flourish when it comes to your grow. :D There is NO such thing as being too OCD concerning your gurlz temple!!! You will notice it is typically the grower that is lazy/lax about grow room protocol and cleaning during an active run and at the end of a cycle. Those types of growers will mostly be the ones that suffer from a shopping list of maladies and an overall decline in their plants health and vigor.. Nice lineup BTW.

Peace

Minitiger

Minitiger

With hearing your smoke preferences, I think Dream Beaver would be a good fit. Sunshine Daydream also.

Yeah, I was thinking the SSDD, just because of the "nerve pain killing qualities" I've read about. My back/shoulders/entire body haha have been killing me recently. I think all of the insane partying I've done in my life is starting to catch up with me. I'm barely 41, but been feeling a lot older lately haha. Twenty years in the restaurant business probably hasn't helped, either.

The Lotus Larry for some reason is one that I'm really interested in, too. Probably because I really love Larry OG. Anyway, we'll see. I'll probably just end up throwing all the packs into a hat and just grabbing 2 or 3.

Hey, you haven't had to deal with the smog or the traffic, so.. yeah, there's that.

Haha, the smog I don't notice so much, especially lately, what with all of the rain and stuff. But yeah, the traffic? Shit, especially ever since I moved to the Valley. It's waaaaayyyyy worse out here than on the other side of the hill. For real, weekends it takes me 20-25 minutes to get to work, weekdays it could take anywhere between an hour and an hour and a half, it's. Fucking. Insane. Yesterday, it took me 50 minutes to go 3/4 of a mile. I'm not even joking.

@Minitiger You just let that OCD flourish when it comes to your grow. :D There is NO such thing as being too OCD concerning your gurlz temple!!! You will notice it is typically the grower that is lazy/lax about grow room protocol and cleaning during an active run and at the end of a cycle. Those types of growers will mostly be the ones that suffer from a shopping list of maladies and an overall decline in their plants health and vigor.. Nice lineup BTW.

Peace

Yeah, I have noticed that it's the grower who's the problem, not the plants haha. I ALWAYS shower before I get in there and fuck with the tent. Unfortunately, over the course of the last year or so, I've developed Ablutophobia (fear of taking showers), so every night is a struggle. Seriously, I've somehow convinced myself that I'm going to die in the shower. This is why you'll often see me post really late at night, because it takes me like four or five hours to actually get in there. I start stressing about it around 5 or 6 and finally, after some breathing exercises and usually a xanax, too, I can get in there around midnight. Panic attacks, a phobia of taking showers, drinking too much, extreme OCD.... Haha, yeah, I got issues, man.

Another issue I have is I can't fucking figure out how to upload these new pics! Gonna see if my girl ain't too busy at work if she can call me and talk me through the process. So annoying....

Last edited:
hiiipower

hiiipower

Hey, you haven't had to deal with the smog or the traffic, so.. yeah, there's that.

Haha touche. Takes me 20-25 mins to get to the furthest point away in my city, 30 mins to go there and back from grocery store... Gotta love it. But I swear I'm thin skinned(literally, not figuratively), I don't deal well with cold.

Dream Beaver
Mountain Temple
Lotus Larry
Tree of Life
Sunshine Daydream
Goji OG
Super Snow Lotus
The Fuzz

I think you'd really like Sunshine Daydream or Goji. You might like the flavor of the fuzz(chemy), but I think you'd like better the effects off Sunny D or Goji. Truly can't go wrong with any of those, what a dilemma to have. I bet Tree of Life yields like a maniac.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Haha touche. Takes me 20-25 mins to get to the furthest point away in my city, 30 mins to go there and back from grocery store... Gotta love it. But I swear I'm thin skinned(literally, not figuratively), I don't deal well with cold.

I think you'd really like Sunshine Daydream or Goji. You might like the flavor of the fuzz(chemy), but I think you'd like better the effects off Sunny D or Goji. Truly can't go wrong with any of those, what a dilemma to have. I bet Tree of Life yields like a maniac.

Dude, I am SO thin-skinned. I lived in Salt Lake City for a year and then Portland OR for four before I came to LA fifteen years ago. I have no idea how I dealt with that (a lot of Wild Turkey, I think haha). Being born and raised in FL, I had no clue how to even dress for that kind of weather, was constantly freezing. Shit, man, even when it gets in the 50's in LA, I'm like,"WTF is going on?!?!?!?"

Yeah, I love the Goji, but like I said in an earlier post, it's just in every dispensary in LA right now. Got a jar of it in my cupboard as we speak, so I feel like I wanna grow something that isn't so readily available. The Fuzz does sound good, because I do love that Chem flavor. Have you grown that one before? I've seen mixed reviews about it, but I do kind of want something with that Chemmy taste. Hopefully, the Appalachia-leaning pheno of the Prayer Tower I just chopped will have a little bit of that going on.

Anyway, figured out how to upload the pics (well, my girl called me and told me how to do it haha), so pics coming shortly.

Minitiger

Minitiger

The Lemon Thai-leaning Prayer Tower (kinda not looking so hot, huh?):

IMG 2088

IMG 2089

IMG 2090

IMG 2091

IMG 2092

IMG 2095

IMG 2096

Man, the plant itself doesn't look the greatest, but those nug shots... I dunno what y'all are looking at these on, but we've got the newest, biggest Apple monitor (two of 'em, actually; no idea why my girl needs two of them to do her graphic design stuff, but whatever, I ain't complaining haha) and they look really good. Do you think that those fan leaves were turning yellow and drooping and shit just because she was nearing the end of her run? Or does that look like something "bad"?It had been two days since I watered, maybe that's all it is?

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Aaaaand, my favorite, the Prayer Tower #2. Appalachian-leaning pheno:

IMG 2122

IMG 2123

IMG 2124

IMG 2125

IMG 2126

IMG 2128

Man... I dunno why some of these pics look so blurry once I upload them. When I preview them on my computer, they look crystal-fucking-clear, but after I upload them to the farm, they look a little blurry. Anyway, hope y'all get the idea.

Dry weight and smoke reports will follow as each strain gets cured. Probably post some pics of individual nugs, too, if y'all are interested. Thank you to all of who've followed along so far and offered so much invaluable advice. Again, couldn't have done it without y'all.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Just when I thought I was in the clear... We get DUMPED on with almost at least 8" of snow, maybe a foot. Plowing snow all night tonight, but got an hour break so checkin out the pics, thanks for sharing. The PT is my favorite looking bud of all of them you have there, both phenos. Nice job on the pics.

I would've actually expected more yellowing leaves, or some change in color. Some droopy leaves but plants don't look sad to me. I'm more jealous of your stash than anyones right now.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Just when I thought I was in the clear... We get DUMPED on with almost at least 8" of snow, maybe a foot. Plowing snow all night tonight, but got an hour break so checkin out the pics, thanks for sharing. The PT is my favorite looking bud of all of them you have there, both phenos. Nice job on the pics.

I would've actually expected more yellowing leaves, or some change in color. Some droopy leaves but plants don't look sad to me. I'm more jealous of your stash than anyones right now.

Man, at least you know that it's gonna be cold and dry, gotta make it easier to maintain grow room temps and shit. When I left my house this morning it was like 55 degrees and like 30% humidity outside. The drying tent was PERFECT, like 70 degrees and 60% humidity. But then, throughout the day, it got warmer and warmer and more humid, too. Like an idiot, I left the humidifier on when I went to work and when I came home a little bit ago, I checked the room and it was like a fucking sauna in there. The "drying" tent's humidity was at 81%. Super-worried. I just turned on the fan in there and the AC in the house, too. Opened the tent to let it air out. Hopefully I'm not fucked.

I still love LA, though haha.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah, pretty sure those last four plants are toast. What a bummer. No mold yet, but it's early. In the process of basically giving them their final trim now, then gonna hang them again and check for mold in the morning, but, uh... There's this incredibly vile smell emanating from all of the plants that I can't describe. I literally have no point of reference for it. Never smelled anything like it. For a while, I was trying to convince myself that it was maybe coming from the room itself, because I could smell it as soon as I went into the room, despite the fact that I have a carbon filter in the tent. You know, wood floors, old house, extremely high humidity..... Maybe that's where the smell was coming from? But no, it's definitely the plants. It's making me sick, honestly. Like, literally nauseous. There is no longer any sort of "cannabis" smell at all. And the plants are sweating. I fucked up big-time, no doubt.

Sorry, y'all. What a shitty end to a journal. I won't lie, I'm feeling extremely discouraged right now. At the same time, I feel more motivated than ever, if that makes any sense at all. I was really looking forward to just taking like a month off and enjoying the fruits of my labor. But now I'm like,"Fuck this, I'm starting right back up on Monday."

Maybe.

And when I say,"Maybe," I just mean that it might be Tuesday or Wednesday. Haha? Bad joke?

I dunno, man....

Who knows? Maybe tomorrow morning they'll be looking great and smelling great and everything else. But I'm not too optimistic at this point. I'm not joking, this smell.... I went out back to get some fresh air and I can't get the smell out of my nose and throat. I'm gonna ask my girl to go get some incense while I trim the last two plants and then I'm gonna blaze a fatty of whatever the most pungent, flavorful strain I have on deck at the moment is, because seriously? I'm not looking forward to going back in there and trying to save the other two plants. It smells really gross in there.

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Thanks @GreenLion for liking my last post. I really dug writing it, too. Made me really happy to see months of work go down the drain, glad you enjoyed it, too.

Fucking. What??? Who the fuck're you? Get outta here.

Positive note: the Goldstar still smells and looks good. That was the last plant I got to. So maybe I'll be able to salvage at least one plant. And that was meant for anybody who didn't "like" my last post. Please don't like it....

Sorry, y'all, I'm ready to hit someone. Not that I would. Unless someone "likes" the fact that I just lost at least three plants. In a bad mood right now. I gotta try to get over this, time to blaze....

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Ya I like the fact u went threw hell but still wanted to start back up.. been there too many times... but ya bash away...

Oh.... Well then I'm glad I inspired someone who's been lurking for three and half years to finally post. Welcome to the farm!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah, those plants are done. Maybe I could've saved the Goldstar but that smell was just so horrible.... I wouldn't smoke any weed that was exposed to whatever gawd-awful smell that was. Smelled like straight poison. I was planning on getting rid of them in the morning, but whatever was going on with those plants just started permeating the whole house, to the point where I couldn't sleep (not to mention, I feel embarrassed and like I let y'all down, laying in bed wide awake, super-disappointed). But at least getting them as far away as I could from the house at 2am on foot ended up being a funny story I can tell down the road.

Anyway, at least we got a look at them to almost the finish line. Just glanced at those last pics I posted and was like.... I dunno. Like,"Great. Glad I have a reminder of how bad I fucked up."

And maybe it is good I have a reminder. Of the things that're possible.... As long as I don't leave the fucking humidifier on hahaha!!!!

I joke. I'm bummed...

Latest posts

Top Bottom