Bodhi- Super Snow Lotus Freebee- Pheno Hunt

• Thread starter jdogdabface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Jdogdabface here, this is my first post on thcfarmer, and I just wanted to say whats up to the fellow cannabis lovers out there and introduce myself. Im working on a freebee pack of Bodhi seeds.

Im only a few weeks in, but I just wanted to throw up some pics and see if anyone has any suggestions! I have only been growing for three years, so I have a lot too learn especially since just recently I started using forms and have mostly just been doing trial and error.

I only sprouted half the pack (5 seeds) in 1 cup containers and transplanted into 1 gal containers until I am able to grow out clones and sex the plants to test there worthiness, after I'm done with the hunt ill run the best plant in my 18 site rock-wool room.

Bodhi  super snow lotus freebee  pheno hunt
Bodhi  super snow lotus freebee  pheno hunt 2
Bodhi  super snow lotus freebee  pheno hunt 3
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Topped them and took 2 clones off of each, just to get them started, so when i sex ill have the clones all ready:)
Middle pic is veg room, BOG Blue Kush to the left, Super Snow Lotus in the middle, and Bodhi Sunshine 4 to the right.

Photo 1 1
Photo 2 1
Photo 3
Minitiger

Minitiger

Nice. I was considering sowing some of these seeds this run, but went with Mountain Temple and Goji instead. After a week, only two of the Gojis have broke ground, which is odd because I usually get 100% germ rates. If they're not outta the ground in the next day or two, I may have to sprout some of the Super Snow Lotuses instead. Definitely gonna be keeping an eye on this thread.

Did you pop all of those seeds at the same time? Just curious, cuz the Super Snow Lotuses look way bigger than the other strains you got going.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

All the seeds were popped at different times. And I only popped half a pack of the SSN (5 seeds) and out of the 5, only 1 female....

@Minitiger Ugh that blows, I want Gogi seeds so bad but there always sold out:/

Can someone help me?

Im experiencing super purple stems, and though the plant looks great besides that, I think my nutrients not being perfect is causing my plants growth to be slowed. Im using Mills for my base, with PowerSi, microbes, and mycorhize. Ive gotten mixed feeling from other postings addressing this issue, what do you guys think? CalMag boost?

Photo 1
Photo 2 2
Minitiger

Minitiger

All the seeds were popped at different times. And I only popped half a pack of the SSN (5 seeds) and out of the 5, only 1 female....

@Minitiger Ugh that blows, I want Gogi seeds so bad but there always sold out:/

Can someone help me?

Im experiencing super purple stems, and though the plant looks great besides that, I think my nutrients not being perfect is causing my plants growth to be slowed. Im using Mills for my base, with PowerSi, microbes, and mycorhize. Ive gotten mixed feeling from other postings addressing this issue, what do you guys think? CalMag boost?

Are the super-purple stems on all of the plants or just the Super Snowlotus? If it's only on the SSL, it probably just means that it's leaning heavily Snowlotus, especially since you said that the plant looks fine otherwise. Really dark purple stems are a genetic trait of the Snowlotus.

The Attitude has Goji beans right now, btw. Never ordered from them, so I don't know what they're like, if they're reputable etc, but they have Goji seeds listed, soooooo....

Last edited:
RockymtnErik

RockymtnErik

Are the super-purple stems on all of the plants or just the Super Snowlotus? If it's only on the SSL, it probably just means that it's leaning heavily Snowlotus, especially since you said that the plant looks fine otherwise. Really dark purple stems are a genetic trait of the Snowlotus.

The Attitude has Goji beans right now, btw. Never ordered from them, so I don't know what they're like, if they're reputable etc, but they have Goji seeds listed, soooooo....
I am growing my second round of girls ever and all of my garden has purple stems. my friend said it could be cold or weight creating this problem but neither of those are out of the ordinary.
It's probably not nute lock. I have new green nodes popping out every day.
Also way nice plant pics cant wait to see how they turn out.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I am growing my second round of girls ever and all of my garden has purple stems. my friend said it could be cold or weight creating this problem but neither of those are out of the ordinary.
It's probably not nute lock. I have new green nodes popping out every day.
Also way nice plant pics cant wait to see how they turn out.

Purple stems are pretty common in indoor grows anyway. I remember freaking out during my first grow when my stems started purpling up, but come to find out that it happens all the time indoors. As long as everything else looks good, there really isn't anything to worry about.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

I appreciate the responses.

Ive hear of people adding Cal/Mag during veg, Ive never done this.... though you farmers say everything is alright, would you all try adding a little to see if it helps? or should I not try to fix a problem thats not evident. I just feel like my plants grow slightly slower than my friends for some reason, and I've always thought this. Just lately I've been most passionate about growing so I want to make sure I'm on point.

Thats intreating that SSN has purple stems, have you grown it @Minitiger

And I know there on Attitude right now, I just had a semi bad experience and Idk if ill be ordering from them again.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I appreciate the responses.

Ive hear of people adding Cal/Mag during veg, Ive never done this.... though you farmers say everything is alright, would you all try adding a little to see if it helps? or should I not try to fix a problem thats not evident. I just feel like my plants grow slightly slower than my friends for some reason, and I've always thought this. Just lately I've been most passionate about growing so I want to make sure I'm on point.

Thats intreating that SSN has purple stems, have you grown it @Minitiger

And I know there on Attitude right now, I just had a semi bad experience and Idk if ill be ordering from them again.

I haven't grown straight-up Snowlotus, but I have definitely read a lot about it. It's a fact: Snowlotus and Snowlotus-leaning plants typically have dark purple stems. Can I vouch from personal experience? No. But I do know (or rather, I've read from multiple, multiple sources) that the Snowlotus has a genetic predisposition or whatever to grow purple stems.

Re: adding cal/mg: why, exactly? What're you trying to "help"? If everything else looks good and the only thing you're concerned about is those purple stems, why would you add anything thus far?

Re: your growth rates vs your friends': what's your setup vs theirs? Maybe they're using stronger lights than yours. Maybe they're growing hydroponically as opposed to your soil method. Maybe your temps are too high or low while your friends' environment is perfect. There's a lot of variables involved.

Honestly, your plants look good. I wouldn't fuck with them until they tell you they need to be fucked with. Just keep doing what you're doing until you need to do something else. Or rather, that's what I'd do. I wanna put as little work into this as possible haha!! What can I say, I'm fucking lazy....

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Attitudes cool.i got my first goji beans of attitude with 5 free synergy.
Looking forward to see how all your bodhi and even your bog turn out

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

@Minitiger I wasn't questioning you! I re-read my post and I kind of sounded like I was doubting you which I wasn't at all! It just seemed like you knew your shit so I was gunna see if you had flower shots ect. because idk what to expect from this plant!

I just removed 4 lower leaves from the SSN and I noticed it resembled a pic I had seen for cal/mag deficiencies.
Heres some pics:

IMG 1244
IMG 1246
IMG 1247
Minitiger

Minitiger

@Minitiger I wasn't questioning you! I re-read my post and I kind of sounded like I was doubting you which I wasn't at all! It just seemed like you knew your shit so I was gunna see if you had flower shots ect. because idk what to expect from this plant!

I just removed 4 lower leaves from the SSN and I noticed it resembled a pic I had seen for cal/mag deficiencies.
Heres some pics:

Oh, yeah, I didn't think you were questioning me. I was just sayin'...

As far as those leaves, I'm not the best at diagnosing issues, so I'm not sure what that is. You said they were lowers, right? Maybe those leaves just got splashed when you were watering them? I dunno. I'd Google like "Cannabis deficiencies" or "Cannabis problems" or something and check it out. Or just search right here at the farm. I was just looking at some chart that Sea or somebody posted in the Organic Growing section (I think; might've been on a different forum, can't remember) because my plants were exhibiting some sort of issue. Check it out, it's pretty informative.

What exactly is your medium?

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Now after removing those leaves above the symptoms seem to have spread to the next set of lower leaves. I gave it a mild flush tonight just incase Im dealing with a PH issue due to some new soil added. Whats going on?

Photo 1
Minitiger

Minitiger

Now after removing those leaves above the symptoms seem to have spread to the next set of lower leaves. I gave it a mild flush tonight just incase Im dealing with a PH issue due to some new soil added. Whats going on?

I dunno what that is, but whenever I'm having weird discoloration or anything looks a little off, I give them a TM-7 foliar and it fixes them right up. TM-7 is basically humic and fulvic but with seven micronutrients added (boron, copper, iron etc). I dunno if what's going on with your plants is a micronute deficiency or not, but it probably wouldn't hurt. If you don't have or don't wanna buy TM-7, you could water or foliar with an alfalfa meal tea. Alfalfa contains the same micronutes as TM-7.

Top Bottom