Bog's Sour Grape Run

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey farmers, happy Saturday. :cool: I have finally pulled the trigger and am starting up the groom again after a long very hot dry summer. On the menu are BOG's "Sour Grape" BTW it was good to finally put a face 2 the name Mr Bog. It was nice to finally meet you and your bride!!!

Will be running these out in soil they crowned the soil on Sep 29th and are currently vegging under VHO T-5's. Tomorrow they will go into the veg room under halides for a additional 3 weeks to hopefully begin sexing then transplanting the gurlz in to their final shoes, and let run another week or so before flip. Put 10 down and all 10 popped within a few days.

Seems one had a problem shedding its helmet and thru my neglect I didn't assist and it is a very strange looking plant indeed. Mutated from having it limbs torn asunder. Fist couple of pics show it the best I could. The meristem is all jacked up and is laid over sideways and have some very strange leaf formations. I'm thinking it will shake it off after a bit and get right.

This is a shot of the one that I mentioned.

Mutated 1

Another couple

Mutated 1

Meristem all jacked

Top right

The rest are some shots of the group. Oh seems we got some heirloom maters in there also. Brandywines and Black Krim

Bogs    sour grape run 6 Bogs    sour grape run 7 Bogs    sour grape run 8 Heirloom maters

Mutated 2
Bogs    sour grape run 5
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I ran a few sour grape seeds, didn't find anything worth while. I have half a pack left that I will run later tho, seems they all has issues(weird leafs, runts). And I had a mutant that I still have for fun. She is a little bigger now but here's a pic.

20150814 220445

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Time for an update. I popped 10 beans from a 13 pack I got at the D-Cup this spring. I can sadly report 8 males out of 10 beans. Not the typical m/f ratio I have enjoyed over the years, but alas it is what it is. Luck of the draw I guess.

If either of the 2 remaining females turn out to be keepers I will post up, otherwise technically this thread is done.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I would keep growing the plant.. One of the lesser breeders told me not to cull a mutant,, just don't breed with it..
I love breeders that pass their knowledge on to the peons..

Americans give thanks today

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I wanted to take a sec to do a final post on this run.

Out of 10 that popped I ended up with 2 females. Both will get chopped in a week at 53 days.

There will be 3 sets of pics the 1st set will be early flower shots, the 2nd will be later flower shotz as the frost developed and the 3rd set are from today 1 week from chop. This strain is in my mind very pretty gals have very nice structure and branching. Great strain for stealth grows where odors are a concern. I didnt have to fire my charcoal filter up till today. Very frosty and sticky and the medicine is good. Got a taster in Denver this spring. Hope I have the same phenos, cause the one I sampled at the cup was excellent. I will post up a smoke report when it's time. Overall I am pleased with this strain, its ease of growth and low odor. She is dank but you gotta get right up on her, brush a bud or a stem rub. Like I said only today at around day 45 did I notice the dankness when I got home from work.......... Peace
Sg early flower8
Sg early flower1
Sg early flower2
Sg early flower3
Sg early flower4
Sg early flower5
Sg early flower6

Set 2 later flower

Sg frosting up11
Sg frosting up
Sg frosting up1
Sg frosting up2
Sg frosting up5
Sg frosting up7
Sg frosting up8
Sg frosting up9
Sg frosting up10

Set 3 from today one week from chop

Sg final shot5
Sg final shot1
Sg final shot2
Sg final shot2
Sg final shot1

Sg early flower7
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I think I popped 6 and nothing good came of them, I had one seed up on me with out male parts crazy stuff.

First she yellowed erly but stacked nice then I look and bam...
20151209 215748

Haha I'm wondering if any one else had issues with the last sets of sour grape seeds. I have some bmr and sour bubble that's some serious stuff(very very nice) tho.

-lurkin

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I think I popped 6 and nothing good came of them, I had one seed up on me with out male parts crazy stuff.

First she yellowed erly but stacked nice then I look and bam...
View attachment 558770

Haha I'm wondering if any one else had issues with the last sets of sour grape seeds. I have some bmr and sour bubble that's some serious stuff(very very nice) tho.

-lurkin
Sour Bubb is off the hook for sure.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have another pheno of sb that's super super frosty, it likes to foxtail tho
Yep foxtails are sort of a pain, I try to look at them as little teaser samples. :smoking:

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Yep foxtails are sort of a pain, I try to look at them as little teaser samples. :smoking:
Lol I didn't have any luck with sour grape I should prob email bog and see if he had any prob's with them.

-lurkin

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Lol I didn't have any luck with sour grape I should prob email bog and see if he had any prob's with them.

-lurkin
Between yours and cactus mans results with the sour grapes I think I'll throw them on the back burner for now and pop something different. Thank both of you for the reports.

Top Bottom