Boiling Roots??

• Thread starter the Rock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

the Rock

I am curious about this as a partner of mine says when plant is pulled to dry, he boils roots for ten minutes than hangs upside down to dry. He claims this works wonders,the stuff I have smoked of his is always killer.
Has anyone ever heard of this or done it.
If your doing lots o plants this would be alot of work.

G

Gorrillagrower

In more than 15 years of growing I have never heard of anybody doing this. Not sure what that could possibly do for the final product. Why does he say he does this????? Im very curious??????????????

T

the Rock

um i think he thinks there is thc in the roots that will travel down during the drying proccess> thats why I asked the question I have no clue what it is suppose to do;he is just a small grower so im not sure where he got this idea=any old school gurus out there

P

pcduck

I have heard of growers doing this. I have not done this, so I am unable to compare it either way. One of the growers that did this always swore by it.

T

the Rock

I have heard of growers doing this. I have not done this, so I am unable to compare it either way. One of the growers that did this always swore by it.

ah hah now were getting somewhere:rock:hi:

K

krizznapp

I've heard of this but never tried it either.Can"t see trying to explain to the wife why I'm boiling pot plant roots in the kitchen!!!

O

ojd

ive also heard of this(but laugh everytime)

ive also heard alot of other crazy shit that does nothing in growing good weed(myths)
but please lets hear more
id like to hear from someone who does it

Dalonewolf

Dalonewolf

Nuglover is correct no Thc in the roots, though the Cannabis plant does respond to stress and attack by making THC and other cannabanoids. The plant might be reacting and channeling all its last energies to repel such attack.

I was thinking too about experimenting by juicing root matter and refining it to see if any hormones, sugars or beneficial growth compounds can be used on the next crop.

A

addicted

I do something like this.. during the end of harvest I have a 3 day dark period, 1st day I flush with PH adjusted RO water, 2nd day I go in with green light and trim major fan leaves, beginning of 3rd day I flush res and fill with boiling water... I believe by it kills plant and sitting in a stew of water helps break down last bits of chemmy chlorophyll.

After that I do my major trimming and hang to dry for 7 days in 50% Humidity.

J

Jalisco Kid

Boiling water is a waste of gas. I think cutting them down and hanging them upside down is stress enough. Besides you know when you hang them upside down all the thc is going to flow into the buds. lol Suerte JK

TheGodson

TheGodson

My boy from Hawaii swears by this method. He used to do hundreds at a time. He would pour the boiling water in at the end then hang to dry. Supposedly, the shock sped up the drying process, cutting its total down from 10to about 3 days. He said that sometimes they would do this and to smoke early they could stuff some of the nug in a plastic box with holes in the sunlight and sweat it out in a matter of hours after cutting. I always clowned him for saying he did that but it was more about a quick harvest on the big island according to him. He claimed it would come out perfect. Maybe Ill try it this year, with a RUNT.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I've never heard of boiling roots but I'm sure you buddy just wants to find a way to increase the THC level. It's kind of funny to imagine it!

T

the Rock

I do something like this.. during the end of harvest I have a 3 day dark period, 1st day I flush with PH adjusted RO water, 2nd day I go in with green light and trim major fan leaves, beginning of 3rd day I flush res and fill with boiling water... I believe by it kills plant and sitting in a stew of water helps break down last bits of chemmy chlorophyll.

After that I do my major trimming and hang to dry for 7 days in 50% Humidity.

yeah it would be easier to fill res with hot water than to stick roots in a boiling pot if you grow in pots vs hydro

T

tophmaster

yeah i dont see how that is going to give the bud any benifit before drying

Top Bottom