Bong attachment for smoking oil?

• Thread starter phenotyper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phenotyper

phenotyper

Hi everyone, I have a sheldon back 22" straight with 18mm downstem. I just made some killer QWISO oil using a bunch of popcorn and trim I had sitting around. Could anyone recommend an attachement to smoke oil out of a bong? I've seen a few things by aqua lab tech, but I am not sure about the range of efficiency and ease of use of the various oil smoking devices.

I have a home made device that is basically a 5L glass container with a hole in it. I light a coal, put a nickel on the coal, and then the coal on a tray made of glass. I drip a dab of oil onto the nickel, and cover it with the 5L container. The container was a former beverage dispenser, it has a hole in the glass which I added a clear plastic tube into. From there, I connect the tube to my bongs downstem, and fill it with ice.

This method works well, but the reason I got the SB is because I like a huge snap when I take a bong rip. However, this system has a but too much drag which is why I am asking for alternatives.

If anyone is interested in seeing my DIY, I can post pictures. Cost me about $25 for materials including picking up the glass used at a local salvation army.

Thanks!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What's good phenotyper?:hi Yeah man I rock a SYN,full size shower head, with a HMK curve, and a Green Goddess, mini vapor bubbler for oil. The HMK is perfect for small or large dabs, but the GG is only good for small to med dabs. I mean I guess you could do a big one but anyway, For your piece I'd grab an ALT reducer from 18mm to 14mm and pick yourself up an HMK curve while supplies last lol. I have included some shots for your viewing pleasure lol If you have any questions hit me up!

Cheers,
Crom

IMG 4261
IMG 4259
Newglass
IMG 4315
Photo
phenotyper

phenotyper

Wow, awesome suggestions everyone! Thanks crom for posting such detailed pics and a great suggestion.

Deacon, I looked at that device, but for the life of me, I have no idea what it does or how it works.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Wow, awesome suggestions everyone! Thanks crom for posting such detailed pics and a great suggestion.

Deacon, I looked at that device, but for the life of me, I have no idea what it does or how it works.

No doubt bro. The item Deacon is referring to is used like so:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2aK_7LeKOY[/YOUTUBE]

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
fuck that. curve or dome is a must

Agreed. Domes are very nice, just ensure you get a Ti nail not a quartz or glass one. Just my preference. I love both my HMK and my dome. The HMK is the go to though especially for big hits.

Cheers,
Crom

MeltMan

MeltMan

Why titanium over quartz?

they take longer to heat up but retain heat longer and give bigger hits than glass.

I like quartz nails just fine though they just lose heat faster.

glass works just fine too but will break after a couple weeks of heavy use.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
^^took the words out of my mouth^^

Thanks MM!

Cheers,
Crom

B

Beasters X Haze

I really can't believe people are still smoking off of metal these days.... Gross

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What do you smoke oil off of? Titanium doesn't taste like the old school metal pipe with sink screens lol.

smokum

smokum

Bought the same thing but "The Bomb" version for concentrates.... LOVE IT !! but prefer using a glow rod instead of torch/lighter with it.

N

NorCalD9

Bought the same thing but "The Bomb" version for concentrates.... LOVE IT !! but prefer using a glow rod instead of torch/lighter with it.

Nice the Bomb is cool as hell!!!.... I have the original frosted 18mm and just ordered the Shrunken Head Pipe, What is and where did u get the Glow Rod??

Peace
D9

smokum

smokum

My Glow Rod was gifted to me by a canna friend..... its just a heavy glass rod with a round bulb (for lack of a better word) at one end, and a the other end to hold. You heat up the bulb to glowing red and use that as your heat source, rather than flaming the concentrate/oil, giving you a more true VAPE via conduction.

I find it works much better with the stone and totally eliminates the butane taste of a lighter/torch.

N

NorCalD9

OOOo i have a couple of those rods... i vape bud with them i have never tried to use it on the health stone thanks for the idea!!....

D9

D

Default 501x

what about using a hakko/herb iron? I'm too lazy to wait to heat up a glass rod every time;)

personally i LOVE my Ti nail in my oil dome.. i don't see how it could get any better..!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PU4FfCOdpY[/YOUTUBE]

phenotyper

phenotyper

I just grabbed a 45 degree bell and skillet for my bong and wow, THIS IS THE WAY TO SMOKE HASH OIL. It tastes incredible. Getting this 20" Sheldon Black straight tube was one of the best smoking upgrades I have ever made.

Top Bottom