Bong attachment for smoking oil?

• Thread starter phenotyper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Question: What is the best way to avoid the splatter that fills the bell and domes? I see in the video above that when she hit the oil it didn't splatter. My dome turns amber in like 3 days. I do smoke oil all the time though...Thoughts?

Cheers,
Crom

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
oil that splatters when hit has water in it. you mean it pops and crackles when applied to the pad? thats water. it can get in the oil through various ways, a teeny bit will do it.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Not a huge splatter like bacon grease. I know what your describing HMK. It's almost like it's too hot, and sizzles the oil making it hit the inside walls of the dome, and I get some that goes in to the bell(gave me the wrong size Ti screens,5/8"). My curve is clean so no pics of that. Its at the moment that the oil runs into the Ti pad/nail and "combusts". That inital sizzle. I have tried to dribble the dab as to not heat the whole dab at once. I think that could be the culprit actually. Maybe when too much oil hits the hot Ti at once..Idk lol I know your gonna get your gear dirty. I just wondered if anyone had any tips to minimizing the residue that accumulates on the dome interior. I included a couple shots for explanation. Also I pointed out the oil that makes it inside the bub. Thanks for the help HMK!

Cheers,
Crom

IMG 4415
IMG 4421
Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
yeah i dunno, i can drop laerge dabs and they just stay on the pad, no sizzling or jumping. to minimize reclaim in the body of a unit you need a super narrow tube on your dome or curve. dome setups arent really designed to minimize reclaim buildup in the main unit tho.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Yeah maybe I'll do a youtube video for you lol. It's not a huge deal, just wondered if anyone has a technique to minimize the reclaim effect. So I can ingest the oil, and have minimal reclaim. Thanks for the help HMK.

Cheers,
Crom

MeltMan

MeltMan

As HMK said domes arn't very good for keeping claim out of the body of a piece. but your referencing the inside of the dome which will claim up over time no matter what.

but I have also noticed that if your vaping off too cold of a nail it will cause the claim to build faster in the dome.

Splifferous

Splifferous

i have one of these:
as well as an 18mm highly educated titanium nail/globe setup.

for home, the nail/globe is it. period. but for road trips and otherwise being out and about, the vial pipe is great. i can toss in what would be just one dab on my nail and smoke out 3 people across 2 sessions, easily. the trade off is that the oil loses taste with each successive hit, but it does the trick to the very end. and again, its very transportable.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I've read that those eclipsevapes are harsh and make you cough your guts out?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Likin' that white! Nice bell as well! Nice piece. What do you put it on?

N

nickcapuano

Likin' that white! Nice bell as well! Nice piece. What do you put it on?

i don't have anything to connect to this one yet. its 10mm and i'm still looking for something that size to match it up. or possibly an adapter.

can't wait to try it though!! i have had the privilege of using a friend's hmk curve and it is definitely my preferred method.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
i don't have anything to connect to this one yet. its 10mm and i'm still looking for something that size to match it up. or possibly an adapter.

can't wait to try it though!! i have had the privilege of using a friend's hmk curve and it is definitely my preferred method.

10mm to 14 found right here. :)

Kut Kurve all the way. Easy to use and line folks up for destruction. heh

phenotyper

phenotyper

How long do you find on average that one must hold a torch to titanium to make sure the skillet can handle a big dab? I have been holding for about a minute with decent results, but I cannot help but feel if I got this thing glowing, then I'd have an even better time!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
How long do you find on average that one must hold a torch to titanium to make sure the skillet can handle a big dab? I have been holding for about a minute with decent results, but I cannot help but feel if I got this thing glowing, then I'd have an even better time!

I believe I hold mine for like 40 seconds for a decent sized dab. I figure that as soon as the Ti is red hot it's ready. I have my dab already set up and waiting in my dabber holder as to not waste any heat on the Ti. Also I'm sure it depends on what type of torch you are using. I hear that using a propane torch is too hot and can weaken the glass?? Stick with butane torches IME

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
its best to dab on ti that is not glowing under normal lighting. let it barely get red, then let it cool a bit before dabbing.

my buddy has an adjustable propane torch that is really good, has a really quiet low flame. i used to think the same as you till i saw it.

aleYarok

aleYarok

its best to dab on ti that is not glowing under normal lighting. let it barely get red, then let it cool a bit before dabbing.

my buddy has an adjustable propane torch that is really good, has a really quiet low flame. i used to think the same as you till i saw it.
this is what i do...
only takes ~10 seconds depending on how much tane is in the torch...
creme brulee torch from bed bath and beyond ftw

i wouldnt recommend propane for heating.... its dirty. butane is much cleaner.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Hot damn! Just ordered a creme brulee torch! So much cheaper than the MJ specific devices.

Top Bottom