Bootube

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

I recently perchased a 14 inch bootube from my local head shop ( avrage glass bong makes it about 2 weeks before mrs. Strange informs me that it has gone to the broken glass bong farm in the sky) so I think groovey she can't break this cause it's bamboo.
After skimming the directions I thought I saw that the water should be emptied after every use. Well needless to say life happens and it didn't work out like that. Well I came home the other day to find bong water oozing/seeping through the bong leaving a stinking poodle on my dresser. Furthermore if u are on the east coast if the us I don't need to tell you how hot it has been. Left it on my porch one night and the glue holding the stem in melted. So when I went to pull the shot gun the whole stem came out spilling yet more bongwater. I jammed it back down but it still leaks.
From a desighn perspective the stem entry point is way to low. you are filtering your smoke threw about 2 MABE 3 inches of water wich to me is not enough nor does it have the length to add a difuser and not enough water to add stones.
I paid 130 for it and in hind sight I should have let her break another glass one than be stuck with this.
On the flip side it said it was the only bong company useing sustanable construction material. Wich means I spent 130 clams for a cheap peace of bamboo and a couple dollars in glass. Actualy wish I had thought of it lol.

Good luck to all hope this helps:sign0065:

J

JonathonStrange

I was speaking to a friend lastnight who buddy had the excact same problem. You might want to stay away from this product.0

B

BongToker

Sucks man. They look pretty cool but that's enough to shy me away.. Try getting a us tube or something with super thick glass, there nearly unbreakable. Or just get a nice case for your glass, empty out the water and give it a clean each time.. That will keep your glass near new for some time..

beezleb878

beezleb878

I have a friend that used to make bongs from bamboo. From what you say it sounds like it is not made well. Many many moons ago, bamboo bongs were somewhat common.

P

Paul Nepal

I have seen the BooTube and met the owner of the company a couple times at trade shows. Dont recall his name but he is from Maui and says that is where they are all made. I would contact the company as that should not happen.

I always thought that they would end up smelling or leaking, hard to beat glass

J

JonathonStrange

thats a great idea Paul I didn't even think to do that, think I will
will post what they say

J

JonathonStrange

Just posted my thoughts on their website see what happens

J

JonathonStrange

LOL posted on their website what I said here, it was taken down within two hours lol

J

JonathonStrange

Just got off the phone with the owner of company, aparently there were some issues with the production run mine was produced in. He was VERY accomidating and knew his product inside out. If all goes as it should he not only saved this sale but will whole heartedly endorse his product.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I recently perchased a 14 inch bootube from my local head shop ( avrage glass bong makes it about 2 weeks before mrs. Strange informs me that it has gone to the broken glass bong farm in the sky) so I think groovey she can't break this cause it's bamboo.
After skimming the directions I thought I saw that the water should be emptied after every use. Well needless to say life happens and it didn't work out like that. Well I came home the other day to find bong water oozing/seeping through the bong leaving a stinking poodle on my dresser. Furthermore if u are on the east coast if the us I don't need to tell you how hot it has been. Left it on my porch one night and the glue holding the stem in melted. So when I went to pull the shot gun the whole stem came out spilling yet more bongwater. I jammed it back down but it still leaks.
From a desighn perspective the stem entry point is way to low. you are filtering your smoke threw about 2 MABE 3 inches of water wich to me is not enough nor does it have the length to add a difuser and not enough water to add stones.
I paid 130 for it and in hind sight I should have let her break another glass one than be stuck with this.
On the flip side it said it was the only bong company useing sustanable construction material. Wich means I spent 130 clams for a cheap peace of bamboo and a couple dollars in glass. Actualy wish I had thought of it lol.

Good luck to all hope this helps:sign0065:

i hear ya on the better half
doing quality control on your pipes, im one more broken piece away from having a local metal crafter make me one from 10guage stainless steel latest one to bite the dust was one of my original chong bongs

J

JonathonStrange

lol norcal I'll never forget mrs strange and I had just started dating and I wanting to show off went out and got this real elaborate piece of glass all the bells and whistles a boat load of cash. A friend of mine was like oh I just got this amazing stuff and I was like oh we should go back to my place i got this awesome bong. Well we go back to my apt. I look here I look there then I tear the place apart and it was no where to be found. I look and my answering machine and i have 1 call " hi jonathon I'm really sorrey but....and for the last 13 years no peice has made it past 2 weeks since. I tease her that this is where glass bongs go to die.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I busted out this worked on jerome baker once. I won't say the specific price cause I'm embarrassed but over 500. Everyone was looking at it and I turned around to fill it with water, hit the counter, and the fucking base shattered. Didn't even hit it once. And for that reason, unless given to me, I will never buy a bong again.

J

JonathonStrange

Mrs Strange did the SAME thing. fortunatley it wasn't in that range but it was beaker ed to put shaped and I baught a difuser stem. Just loved it she turned around to put it away and just nicked a corner of a nightstand and it must have clicked it on a seem in the glass cause the darn bottom just dropped off. Another bong sent to the great broken bong resting place in the sky. I just don't get it don't get me wrong some are certainly works of art but for what your paying and how often you use them it's just a matter of time before it ends up in the trash and your getting bong water out of your carpet.

B

bootube

aloha i just found the thread, caught up on the discussion. I can say that from the problems being discussed here we are talking very early bootubes. the tubes have a lifetime warranty if they fuck up for any reason. problem solving is a phone call away.

furthermore i am unaware of any posts on my website, i dont keep up to date on the pc stuff...bongs get stinky if they are not kept fresh..they are all natural, no glue(wax seals the downstem) which needs to be maintained. there is extra wax for resealing on the bottom of the bootube. if not hit me up, im easy to get ahold of.

I have seen the BooTube and met the owner of the company a couple times at trade shows. Dont recall his name but he is from Maui and says that is where they are all made. I would contact the company as that should not happen.

I always thought that they would end up smelling or leaking, hard to beat glass
aloha paul.
i was the one you would have met. over filling causes leaking and lack of care will get them stinking like any dirty piece

fractal

fractal

130 bucks for a piece of bamboo with 10 dollars worth of glass in it. . . ridiculous. I'd pay 25 bucks for one of those at most. Cost of living in hawaii is pretty expensive i guess eh?

S

Smokey89

So I know this is a super old thread but I was recently looking to buy another bootube and gotta say, my first one was the baddest bong I've ever smoked out of. I know you aren't supposed to but I left water in mine for easily over a week and never leaked, never smelled, and never cracked like some. I had it for at least two years before I moved and had to pass it on. Even put a vapor rig and ti nail on it and it was one of the smoothest pipes I've seen. LOVE that piece, wish I still had it. It was even one of the easiest to clean, just put some water in it and shake it up. My downstem did come out once and was loose for about a week but them I got some more wax (maybe not beeswax) and sealed it up, held just fine. Seriously miss that piece, I'd spend another hundo on it tomorrow.

S

Smokey89

Btw mine was about 13 inches and maybe 2 inches wide, perfect size. Two of my buddies had bootubes as well wn one cracked and the other was kinda wide so mine always got the most use. Over all though even givin the downfalls of them I still love emm, specially with some wick. Best smoke you'll get.

Top Bottom