Botaniguard 22 Wp

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So who all uses this? I just ordered a bag to ease my paranoia over root aphids lol. I dont have them right now, but I did a while back. Apparently it's good for quite a wide range of pests.

What have you killed with it?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Also it takes about 7 days to see results from this if you do have current root aphids. If you do have root aphids much better to do a Pyganic drench then follow it up with the botaingrd

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also it takes about 7 days to see results from this if you do have current root aphids. If you do have root aphids much better to do a Pyganic drench then follow it up with the botaingrd
No root aphids currently, at least none that I can see anyway. No sign of them either like the white waxy shit they leave behind. This is more of a "just in case".
I nuked them pretty good already with Merit 75 in pre-veg. The botanigard is more for a secondary mode of action in case they come back.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Thanks for that. The important takeaway from the MSDS besides the obvious safe handling procedures, is that in animals its shown to be non carcinogenic, doesnt cause organ failure, and doesnt mutate Genes.
It also has a fairly high LD and LC50 rating, Somewhere around 2600mg/l for male rats, whereas regular good ol' cigarette nicotine is 50mg/L !!! I'm too stoned to do the math but that's way more toxic than Imid.
I dont personally believe it's any better or worse for you than actual nicotine mind you though evidence suggests regular nicotine is far worse, which people smoke in abundance.

Dont get me wrong, I dont take this stuff lightly and would never use it unless as a last resort. And with RAs the options are limited. Although I'm happy to have found a source for botanigard. Its seems to be an excellent natural insecticide from what I've read and I'll be happy to use that instead from here out if it does the job.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What I wonder is, do plants treated with Imid become addictive like tobacco? lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Anyone got rates for botanigard? the label says 250-500g per 400L for aphids, but I also see rates of 2 pounds per 400L in a separate info sheet online discussing root aphids in particular, not sure which to go with.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I found this and will probably go with it... But jesus that makes for an expensive drench lol. My 17 gallon res means I'll only get 3 applications for $125!!

Screenshot 20190226 153302 OneDrive

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I use a quart to 50 gallons. Of the liquid version. Let me see if I can find the wp. 3 apps for 125 is worth it in the scheme of what RA yeild lose will cost you

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I use a quart to 50 gallons. Of the liquid version. Let me see if I can find the wp. 3 apps for 125 is worth it in the scheme of what RA yeild lose will cost you

100%. My last crop took a hit to the tune of about 30%.. and yeah your rate matches the botanigard info above. I'll use 150g per 17 gallons.

I'm sure it's fine being a myco, but no issues using in flower correct?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Absolutely safe for flowering. Really one of the only things I will use in flower. After your first application you'll see an overall health difference a week later.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Absolutely safe for flowering. Really one of the only things I will use in flower. After your first application you'll see an overall health difference a week later.

Very cool. I honestly dont even think I have RA's anymore and my plants are pretty frickin lush right now.., there is just one leaf in the garden causing concern lol.. so I am kinda feeling this could be a waste.. but I'll give it one application anyway since, why not.

cottageman

cottageman

Also if you want something preventative that will also boost your plants you could do weekly or bi weekly drenches with og biowar root and foliar. I am battling root aphids right now and I had to use Imid on my veg plants to knock them down and for my flowering room I am keeping them at bay with pyganic drenches and then washing that out and re inoculating with og biowar and I guess it is supposed to do a very similar thing as botaniguard plus it was a bunch of regular beneficials for the plant. I am going to start combining the biowar and botaniguard for an extra kick after the pyganic drench

Latest posts

Top Bottom