Bottom Fan Leafs

• Thread starter Westgram
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Westgram

Hi 5 weeks in should I take bottom fan leafs off that are wilting or keep them first time in coco normally in plagron Royal mixs done this in rate and been ok

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Hi 5 weeks in should I take bottom fan leafs off that are wilting or keep them first time in coco normally in plagron Royal mixs done this in rate and been ok
This is a heated debate. Both sides have very viable and proven reasons to keep or chop bigger fan leaves. I personally cut bigger fan leaves. In my experience, I can't see a reason to try and keep a leaf alive that is destine to die. I want my plants to concentrate on new growth not trying to save dying leaves. In veg fan leaves are the plants fork and spoon. As long as the leaf is strong and healthy there is no reason to chop them. But during flower all I can see is making my buds big solid and healthy. I do a major thinning of all bigger fan leaves. I can see major bud growth and the smaller future fan leaves explode after a few days of the cutting. Once the leaf has ventured far enough away from the bud site I cut it. Leaves that are tucked in live. Just my style of growing. It works for me.
Mr frosty 2

W

Westgram

that s
This is a heated debate. Both sides have very viable and proven reasons to keep or chop bigger fan leaves. I personally cut bigger fan leaves. In my experience, I can't see a reason to try and keep a leaf alive that is destine to die. I want my plants to concentrate on new growth not trying to save dying leaves. In veg fan leaves are the plants fork and spoon. As long as the leaf is strong and healthy there is no reason to chop them. But during flower all I can see is making my buds big solid and healthy. I do a major thinning of all bigger fan leaves. I can see major bud growth and the smaller future fan leaves explode after a few days of the cutting. Once the leaf has ventured far enough away from the bud site I cut it. Leaves that are tucked in live. Just my style of growing. It works for me.View attachment 757141
This is a heated debate. Both sides have very viable and proven reasons to keep or chop bigger fan leaves. I personally cut bigger fan leaves. In my experience, I can't see a reason to try and keep a leaf alive that is destine to die. I want my plants to concentrate on new growth not trying to save dying leaves. In veg fan leaves are the plants fork and spoon. As long as the leaf is strong and healthy there is no reason to chop them. But during flower all I can see is making my buds big solid and healthy. I do a major thinning of all bigger fan leaves. I can see major bud growth and the smaller future fan leaves explode after a few days of the cutting. Once the leaf has ventured far enough away from the bud site I cut it. Leaves that are tucked in live. Just my style of growing. It works for me.View attachment 757141
That's the way I think but first time in coco me all ways soil royal mixs but have a go coco never again

Top Bottom