Votes: 21 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Sometimes, but not always.

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

It does say something about them crystallizing and I also would swear I've seen something about bringing moisture back into them too, but, maybe I'm wrong. That's happened before.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
It does say something about them crystallizing and I also would swear I've seen something about bringing moisture back into them too, but, maybe I'm wrong. That's happened before.
That would be bad for business if they rehydrate them self’s :D They probally thought about it then said”nah” lol:smoking:

incogneato

incogneato

There actually is a method to revive them. Found it on a bunch of cigar forums. Its easy enough, ill give it a try.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I'm thankful for products like Brovida. Its just more evidence how off in lala land most potheads are. How far off track and lost the understanding of Cannabis is. It reassures me i haven't lost my mind.

We got people buying ounces of overfed premature speed-dried plastic-smelling weed in cvaults, real elitists smoking mersh weed out of $5k bongs, desiring to keep it wet so it doesn't turn to powder when they roll it exclusively in Raw papers on their Cookie® rolling trays. Which wouldn't happen if it was grown harvested dried and stored correctly. But you know.

If you want sticky slow burning bud, it doesn't have to actually mean anything anymore. Just spray some upholstery glue on it, it will be technically sticky and slow burning and thats what matters!

I live in the desert, there's no use for moisture in weed. Why do people want wet weed? Everything youre attempting to obtain by reintroducing WATER should be obtained by growing STICKY RESINOUS FATTY WAXY BUD and handling it right.

Broveda ruins everything it touches, just as predicted. Its like stashing your weed in a wet carbon filter

G

Girl Power

Hey,so I just found this thread because I decided to try bovada 62%...basically because I didn't have access to try 58%. I am new here,so I apoligize if I don't have the protocol down.
This is my 8th grow, 2nd where I felt like I am starting to get the feel for it.
I grew outdoors white widow and guerrilla Glue #4 in Maine. I actually finished the GG4 inside the last 3 weeks.
Anyway I liked the idea,but sceptical, so I decided to use the 67gr in 1/2 gallon jars and 8gr in 1/2 pint jars. I dried my plants whole,hung in the cool, dark basement on average at 60% rh and I then put them in Mason jars and burped daily for a week or two. Then I found the Boveda at a local shop. I'm glad I just stuck a toe in to see how the water was. IMHO 62% is too high, but I suspect it is irrelevant to the destruction of the terps,and with the GG4 which STANK, within 2 hours you could barely smell it in the bud, but the stupid Boveda pack smelled marvelous.
Maybe I am just an old head, but I grow for myself because I want organic, mold free and delicious smoke.Seems like there's a lot of strong, pretty cannabis out there, but it mostly tastes like @$$ and I think the last time I tasted truly delicious skunkweed was at a Dead show in 1986.Until I started growing my own, not to say I didn't taste good bud, but not that penultimate skunky, pine taste. I am grateful to have only used an 8gr in a half pint on the GG4.
With the white widow, which was also a sweet tastiness, kinda citrusy, after a 67gr in a 1/2 gallon jar for 48hours, it definitely made it look prettier, fuller and greener. Unfortunately the taste made me give the local deer a big jar of formerly tasty smoke.
I feel it's a labor of love and a living thing. What I mean is, it's only awesome for so long and I want to do my best, but a lot of the tech, from plant growth regulators to Boveda takes more away than it brings.

G

Girl Power

Hey,so I just found this thread because I decided to try bovada 62%...basically because I didn't have access to try 58%. I am new here,so I apoligize if I don't have the protocol down.
This is my 8th grow, 2nd where I felt like I am starting to get the feel for it.
I grew outdoors white widow and guerrilla Glue #4 in Maine. I actually finished the GG4 inside the last 3 weeks.
Anyway I liked the idea,but sceptical, so I decided to use the 67gr in 1/2 gallon jars and 8gr in 1/2 pint jars. I dried my plants whole,hung in the cool, dark basement on average at 60% rh and I then put them in Mason jars and burped daily for a week or two. Then I found the Boveda at a local shop. I'm glad I just stuck a toe in to see how the water was. IMHO 62% is too high, but I suspect it is irrelevant to the destruction of the terps,and with the GG4 which STANK, within 2 hours you could barely smell it in the bud, but the stupid Boveda pack smelled marvelous.
Maybe I am just an old head, but I grow for myself because I want organic, mold free and delicious smoke.Seems like there's a lot of strong, pretty cannabis out there, but it mostly tastes like @$$ and I think the last time I tasted truly delicious skunkweed was at a Dead show in 1986.Until I started growing my own, not to say I didn't taste good bud, but not that penultimate skunky, pine taste. I am grateful to have only used an 8gr in a half pint on the GG4.
With the white widow, which was also a sweet tastiness, kinda citrusy, after a 67gr in a 1/2 gallon jar for 48hours, it definitely made it look prettier, fuller and greener. Unfortunately the taste made me give the local deer a big jar of formerly tasty smoke.
I feel it's a labor of love and a living thing. What I mean is, it's only awesome for so long and I want to do my best, but a lot of the tech, from plant growth regulators to Boveda takes more away than it brings.
Really glad that I only put in a tiny fraction to compare

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Wait..67gram in a half gallon? I use an 8 gram 62 in each qt jar and have neve had any issues.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wait..67gram in a half gallon? I use an 8 gram 62 in each qt jar and have neve had any issues.

I use 8g 58% in quart mason jars and vacuum seal them with a little portable Food Saver pump and mason jar attachment. My buds taste like the day I canned them a year earlier. The Boveta absorbs some smell but took nothing away from the flowers. I don't know about 62%, never used them. Seemed too moist for long term storage. I think the vacuum sealing of the jars is the key to making the Boveta work the best.

Just emptied over a QP of Orange Creamsicle out of quart mason jars to make room for the new OC. It was perfection. The friend I gave it to thought it was from this years harvest until I told him otherwise. He was amazed.

Will be ordering enough for 7lbs+ I'm canning this year.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I use 8g 58% in quart mason jars and vacuum seal them with a little portable Food Saver pump and mason jar attachment. My buds taste like the day I canned them a year earlier. The Boveta absorbs some smell but took nothing away from the flowers. I don't know about 62%, never used them. Seemed too moist for long term storage. I think the vacuum sealing of the jars is the key to making the Boveta work the best.

Just emptied over a QP of Orange Creamsicle out of quart mason jars to make room for the new OC. It was perfection. The friend I gave it to thought it was from this years harvest until I told him otherwise. He was amazed.

Will be ordering enough for 7lbs+ I'm canning this year.
Damn..Now I wanna go and buy the attachment for my Foodsaver..LOL I like the stored wed moister ( I am in the Nevada High Desert) since It presses better for Rosin.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Damn..Now I wanna go and buy the attachment for my Foodsaver..LOL I like the stored wed moister ( I am in the Nevada High Desert) since It presses better for Rosin.

I feel ya, I'm on the other side of the Sierras near 3k'. We got the trees but it might as well be desert with how arid it is. The only reason things grow is snow runoff.

I rosin press too. Dry bud is near useless. I store my flowers fresh and don't rely on the Boveta to rehydrate. Maybe that's where people have problems, starting off with weed that's too dry.

When I dry I check the moisture content several times a day with the twig snap test. As soon as the branches pop instead of bend I get to work stick trimming into paper bags. When the buds can hold their shape I run through a trim bowl and into freezer bags. From there I hand trim into mason jars and vacuum seal. I don't let the flowers dry much more than 65% before canning. I burp the jars once every few days till they're fully cured. Then store in a cool dark cabinet.

I had to order the hose separate from the Mason attachment and got the wrong one the first time.

I have the red model. I think this is the same thing.
811SGzvCoQL AC SL1500

This hose did not work with it.
71 GpDc aXL AC SL1500

Had to buy this hose but don't see it anywhere for sale on Amazon now.
41LAA IyC8L SS200

It works great. The instructions say you don't have to put the screw rings on after it's sealed but I do so it's less likely to leak.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Another Maineiac, welcome!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i got to agree with everyone else , i normally just burp my jars for 3 or 4 weeks and have great taste and just right for rolling,my recent harvest i burped 2 weeks and drop a 62% in each one,really never thought about it anymore,went in last week to get a nug and i be damn if i didnt have a few nugs at tops of jars growing mold,so out that shit came,toke the pack out and been burping for last 2 weeks,smell is back,no more mold ,glad i just happen to catch it quick,lost about 1/8 oz from the ordeal,im sticking with old time method of just burping the damn things hahah,those 62 keep the buds way to moist to suit me,after leaving out all day you can smoke it then,to much head ache and distrust for me to deal with,kinda like a new car first time it breaks down you never trust the bitch again kinda thing if you dig

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm using a 4 gram of 58% pack per 4 ozs. no preblems here

That's what I'm sayin. 58%, no mold and well preserved. (One exception was six months in and found a dime sise spot of mold in the very center of a jar where several buds were stuck tightly together, but that was my fault for not drying out those nuggs well enough before canning.) For me, anything above 60% is still part of the drying process and is the perfect temp for mold spores to grow if not corrected. I'm glad I started using them right after the 58% came out. Was hard to find them at first but now their popular. I give them to my clients for the jars I give them and I've heard only praise and no complaints. At the very least, they're good for the jars in constant use.

Enforcer

Enforcer

So I’ve researched these a little more since my last post. I’m still on the fence about them but I am using the 62% for this cure. They are in the lid this time and not touching the buds. The 62% was intentionally made with cannabis curing in mind. However, they shouldn’t be used until you’re done with burping daily. It takes about 3 days for the packs to regulate the humidity to the 62% they claim. So, if you’re still burping daily the packs are doing nothing for you. After the first week or two, then throw a pack in. Around the time you’re only opening the jar once a week.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So I’ve researched these a little more since my last post. I’m still on the fence about them but I am using the 62% for this cure. They are in the lid this time and not touching the buds. The 62% was intentionally made with cannabis curing in mind. However, they shouldn’t be used until you’re done with burping daily. It takes about 3 days for the packs to regulate the humidity to the 62% they claim. So, if you’re still burping daily the packs are doing nothing for you. After the first week or two, then throw a pack in. Around the time you’re only opening the jar once a week.

I lay them on top (basically the same as you) then vacuum the jars. I only put the Boveta packs in as a deterrent to moisture if the seals leak not as the primary moisture regulators. With them vacuumed there's very little air for the pack to exchange.

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

I lay them on top (basically the same as you) then vacuum the jars. I only put the Boveta backs in as a deterrent to moisture if the seals leak not as the primary moisture regulators. With them vacuumed there's very little air for the pack to exchange.
That seems to be the consensus. Most people who vacuum seal their jars say they like it the best. I guess I’m going to have to breakdown and buy a food saver with the mason jar attachment. Ooo, Christmas is coming up:D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That seems to be the consensus. Most people who vacuum seal their jars say they like it the best. I guess I’m going to have to breakdown and buy a food saver with the mason jar attachment. Ooo, Christmas is coming up:D

Dude, it is soooo worth it. Last year was my first grow. I bought the Food Saver because my experience as a cook taught me perishables last longer in a vacuum. Was going to use vacuum bags but found that others had said they dont stay sealed, so went with mason jars. Luckily I bumbled my way into doing it right the first go round.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i got one of them lid adapters,never even thought about it for pot much,interesting,im sitting on 6 full quart jars and will give this a try,i dont smoke much ,i tried the 62,my shit started to mold so out they came,we can veggies like crazy around here ,even dry stuff like rice,powder milk,instant potato and on and on,damn when you loose your hair ,you lose your brain too it seems ahahahah

Top Bottom