Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Boveda Humidipak 62% For Curing.

Discussion in 'Cannabis Harvesting & Curing' started by Pimp T, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Pimp T

Pimp T

Anybody have experienced opinions on Boveda Humidipal 62%'s. I want to try them out tend to over dry and I think the 62%'s would be perfect for me? Any useful input would be much appreciated.

BudBogart and CBDEMON like this.
  2. waayne

waayne

It really depends on your local humidity somewhat......
    The 62% packs work great for me living in the high desert

3. CBDEMON

CBDEMON

I used 62s for the last couple harvests on most of my stuff (post proper dry and cure of course) and it seemed like they sucked out a little bit of the smell. They definitely help with moisture in the buds but I don't know if its had a positive effect on mine. Maybe its just me. I will be trying a side by side on the next nugs. One will be processed, dried, cured, and stored in fridge w/ humidipak, others will be in fridge and have no pak.

Pimp T likes this.
  4. Works good for me . But our temps are up there. In a cooler climate I'd go a little lower . But the vaults rock

Pimp T likes this.
  5. Tnelz

Tnelz

I've been using them for about 2 years. Soon as my nugz come out of the drying racks or the freezer depends but soon as they go into jars for the first 7 days I leave them with a 62. I like the control ya know. After the first week I take the pack out. By that time the smell has intensified by 100 Times. Then remove the pack burp once a day for a week then once a week. Lol. Not trying to give lessons and not that u need them. Sorry.lol. use them u will like them

6. Pimp T

Pimp T

Its all good brother thanks for the advice I appreciate your input.

Power OG and Tnelz like this.
  7. labud

labud

I had some pm during the grow....Harvested. ..dried the buds....then they got too dry sitting in baggies. ...put the 62 in aND they moistened , but the pm started up again in the baggies ....too moist ....I'm gonna try the 52 that I hear just came out

Tnelz likes this.
  8. Would use it plastic bags . Counter productive . Use a c- vault ,glass jar ,earthen wear Imo

9. Tnelz

Tnelz

A c vault uses 62 boveda packs. Far from counter productive. Works awesome by different strokes for different folks. @waayne uses them. Anything he does we should all do. Have u seen this mans work.

10. waayne

waayne

@Tnelz Thank's for the compliment bro,but in all honesty, I was turned onto Boveda packs by
    JACKMAYOFFER

I think a person will really need to factor in the RH where they live ,to know exactly what pack is gonna work the best for their particular environment,and situation.

Power OG, fishwhistle, Tnelz and 2 others like this.
  11. Pimp T

Pimp T

thats what i was initially thinking. I think this time of year in my environment on top of me letting them get little drier than usual I would use 62%'s. but probably would need 54%'s with moister conditions and normal drying.

Power OG and waayne like this.
  12. Was talking about being in plastic baggies . In the vault there awsome

Pimp T likes this.
  13. Tnelz

Tnelz

My apologies @ausauto re-read my post and it was sort of dickish.lol. wasnt my intention. @waayne I knew u would come back being modest but let's face it ur a god bro. No arguements. Just take it. Lol. Joking but seriously ur the man bro and not just to me. I agree with all of u. However I'm in New England. Winter is dry as a none and summer is humid as hell. I use them under whatever circumstance for the first week. The 54 is obviously better for what we do I like my jars to finish around 52 to 54 anyway. In a controlled environment like a mason jar I'm not sure the outside humidity has much effect. I could be wrong but I end up with the same results either way. Just something I've settled on doing and I love it. Unless one has the circumstances like the brother with pm. Pm can thrive at 62% so if there is any sign at all I would forsake the packs. But ur boy uses a combo of white wash and caps foliar so powdery mildew never shows its ugly face. Respect to all of u. I've rambled on far to long. I'm stoned as hell(thank u bog)!peace and love.

14. I rock the 62% in socal they work wonders i tell ya. Forget the lettuce, tortilla, orange peel if you overdry. The bovedas will do you justice.

On that note anyone ever figure out a way to revive a dead pack. Was just thinking the other day. Wonder if its possble.

Happy farmin yall;)

Pimp T and Tnelz like this.
  15. Im in high desert like waayne and i like the 62s,its a little moist fresh out of the jar but if you set the nug out for an hour its perfect,I did order the 54s though to try them.CBDemon if i do my part prior to jarring i dont lose smell,i have some anahita right now that is so loud its hard to transport,lol.

CBDEMON, waayne, Pimp T and 2 others like this.
  16. Gotta love when the dank is true...^^
    Happy farmin;)

Tnelz likes this.
  17. Pimp T

Pimp T

Did you ever get a chance to try the 54%'s or did u mean u just ordered them recently to try?

18. I ordered and got them but have not tried them yet.

Pimp T likes this.
  19. DemonTrich

DemonTrich Moderator Staff Member

been using 62% packs for about 2 years now for my curing needs. absolutely perfect, and ive never experienced any odor transfers to the packs. my gorilla glue smells even more potent after a 1 month cure, especially after a 3 month cure in jars. absolutely fantastic.

KushiMonsta, fishwhistle and Tnelz like this.
  20. where are you all seeing the 54% packs at? cant seem to find em