Boveda Humidipak 62% For Curing.

• Thread starter Pimp T
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

They had a problem with them i guess so no more production for now.

M

maxstyles

I had a problem this time round with supa dry RH during my dry. The dry usually takes 7-10 days in good conditions, it was all done & dusted after just 2.5 days. I had to jar it up with large moist stems hoping it would re moisten slightly. No smell and no taste. I was thinking of trying the boveda 62% to see if it mite improve the aroma/taste. Any one had this problem? Will boveda help or just make it damper. I'll order some tomorrow. Fingers X I guess.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I had a problem this time round with supa dry RH during my dry. The dry usually takes 7-10 days in good conditions, it was all done & dusted after just 2.5 days. I had to jar it up with large moist stems hoping it would re moisten slightly. No smell and no taste. I was thinking of trying the boveda 62% to see if it mite improve the aroma/taste. Any one had this problem? Will boveda help or just make it damper. I'll order some tomorrow. Fingers X I guess.
Boveda is a 2 way process. It wont necessarily make it damper the B pack will take on excess moisture and control it at 62% or as the plant matter drys it will release moisture from the pack to keep everything at 62% Once the pack hardens it is depleted and wont control your Rh anymore. Man this is an old thread.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And no boveda will not fix your problem of no smell and taste. That is a genetics thing and then you have to consider the dry and cure got botched. Hard to recover from the latter. Sorry

guymandude

guymandude

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Cvaults. Period. I doubt I will ever go back to using jars (or anything else for that matter) without the Boveda packs

Brazloko

Brazloko

It really depends on your local humidity somewhat......
The 62% packs work great for me living in the high desert
Do u still need to burp using humidipacks 62,could please tell me your prosses of drying and curing with humitipacks,
Thanks in advance.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Do u still need to burp using humidipacks 62,could please tell me your prosses of drying and curing with humitipacks,
Thanks in advance.
I still burp for the first couple of weeks. I've been using them since '14. I dry to stem snap, then jar by the ounce with the small 62's. After 10 days or so, the boveda packs blow up a zip to 30-32 grams. I personally haven't kept a jar longer than 17 days with a boveda pack inside, but I remember the homie saying he took the packs out because of moisture...some 2 weeks after I gave him some jars. Boveda packs are the shit!

Nugbunny314

Nugbunny314

@straincreation you can indeed revive your Boveda packs. Next time you shower just set it on the sink counter and let the steam take over. It'll revive extremely fast and you'll get an entire other use out of it

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have about 100 x 62% packs free if any one wants them. Most are crispy packs. Maybe 5 are still good n useable. I haven't used them in 2+yrs.

KushiMonsta

KushiMonsta

been using 62% packs for about 2 years now for my curing needs. absolutely perfect, and ive never experienced any odor transfers to the packs. my gorilla glue smells even more potent after a 1 month cure, especially after a 3 month cure in jars. absolutely fantastic.
Would I be able to leave the Boveda packs for the entire cure process with the 62% So straight out of drying I can jar the bud 1-3 months? No burping required? I ask because I will be heading out of town about 1 week after my dry process completed. Will then be gone for 2-3 weeks. Thanks appreciate any help.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I've been using them for about 2 years. Soon as my nugz come out of the drying racks or the freezer depends but soon as they go into jars for the first 7 days I leave them with a 62. I like the control ya know. After the first week I take the pack out. By that time the smell has intensified by 100 Times. Then remove the pack burp once a day for a week then once a week. Lol. Not trying to give lessons and not that u need them. Sorry.lol. use them u will like them

I just harvested my plants yesterday and put them in the jars along with some 62% packs. Do you just leave the jars sealed after putting these in?

Tnelz

Tnelz

I just harvested my plants yesterday and put them in the jars along with some 62% packs. Do you just leave the jars sealed after putting these in?
Yes. Although I don't use them as much as I used to. But when I did I left them in there for 3 or 4 days burped the jar then another 3 or 4 days. My entire harvest dry and cure system is imo perfect so I no longer need them much. But once u put 1 or 2 in a jar ur good.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Yes. Although I don't use them as much as I used to. But when I did I left them in there for 3 or 4 days burped the jar then another 3 or 4 days. My entire harvest dry and cure system is imo perfect so I no longer need them much. But once u put 1 or 2 in a jar ur good.

So just to be clear. Once I put the packs in the jar and the humidity is around 62% I do not need to burp them every day? It is still not done curing because I do not have that sweet smell to the buds yet. I’m sure there’s not a lot of moisture left in the nugs so mold isnt an issue. But I’m a newbie and I’ve always had the problem with the drying and curing so I want to make sure I do this correctly. My buds do not smell good after five days in the jar. I realize it might take a couple weeks but I just need all the advice I can get So these come out smelling and tasting good

Tnelz

Tnelz

So just to be clear. Once I put the packs in the jar and the humidity is around 62% I do not need to burp them every day? It is still not done curing because I do not have that sweet smell to the buds yet. I’m sure there’s not a lot of moisture left in the nugs so mold isnt an issue. But I’m a newbie and I’ve always had the problem with the drying and curing so I want to make sure I do this correctly. My buds do not smell good after five days in the jar. I realize it might take a couple weeks but I just need all the advice I can get So these come out smelling and tasting good
Ok bro so first not sure what genetics u are growing but u should have dank smells after day 1. Sometimes smell gets a little muted during the drying process but the actual smell should never leave. That makes me think either not the best genetics or ur drying ro fast. In any case so long as ur bud is dry no u won't have to burp once u have a bovada pack in ur jar. However I suggest u use 2 per jar. 1 on the bottom and one on the top. Also not trying to knock it stuff in any way just an observation. And 3 if u want some help with they entire process shoot me a dm and let me know how ur doing things and I'll gladly help u out!

labud

labud

Yesterday before they dried, your begging for mold

mikeb437

mikeb437

Yesterday before they dried, your begging for mold
I meant to say i took them from hanging and put them in the jars. They have been drying for 9 days. I trimmed the bugs a little bit and put them in the jars with the 62% packs

Top Bottom