Boveda Packs Vs Boost Packs ?

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

anyone have experience with Boost Packs (RH 55) ? the other packs "Boveda" do work but they take all the terpenes and essential oils out !! so one is left with tasteless and no aroma pot !!
Boost says No taste or smell lost - if so they would be OK Boveda packs = No good
Thoughts ??

Dan789

Dan789

Actually just stuck my nose into one of my cvaults, it’s got a nice aroma and it was canned last March. It’s got one large boveda pack and three tea bag sized boost 62 in it.

H

hawkman

Actually just stuck my nose into one of my cvaults, it’s got a nice aroma and it was canned last March. It’s got one large boveda pack and three tea bag sized boost 62 in it.
So - are you saying that Boveda Packs don't mess with taste and smell and that the Boost packs work ??

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I personally believe boveda do affect terp and flavor profile.I cant say why or document any further than my own nose n taste buds.Same strain same pheno both dryed and cured same way. 1 jar with boveda and the other without. Hands down the jar without was more aromatic after a few months of storage.

H

hawkman

I personally believe boveda do affect terp and flavor profile.I cant say why or document any further than my own nose n taste buds.Same strain same pheno both dryed and cured same way. 1 jar with boveda and the other without. Hands down the jar without was more aromatic after a few months of storage.
have done side-by-side with boveda 55% - thumbs down !!! they keed rh at 55% but they steal all taste and aroma --- was wondersing about Boost packs?

Dan789

Dan789

So - are you saying that Boveda Packs don't mess with taste and smell and that the Boost packs work ??
Just sayin, started my usage of the cvaults because of having some jar’d stash that I thought was stable. When that assumption proved false as the pot was trashed, I re-evaluated what I was doing. Along that path I’m in 7 months into using them and by accident both the boveda, which came with the cvaults and the boost packs I bought subsequently are both working. I can’t really say that the aroma has diminished over time. Had I just used one brand it might have been a more clear cut result.

H

hawkman

Just sayin, started my usage of the cvaults because of having some jar’d stash that I thought was stable. When that assumption proved false as the pot was trashed, I re-evaluated what I was doing. Along that path I’m in 7 months into using them and by accident both the boveda, which came with the cvaults and the boost packs I bought subsequently are both working. I can’t really say that the aroma has diminished over time. Had I just used one brand it might have been a more clear cut result.
I lost a few jars myself because of boveda pack - so are the cvaults good ? going to get some Boost packs because of what you said - thanks for your input !!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
have done side-by-side with boveda 55% - thumbs down !!! they keed rh at 55% but they steal all taste and aroma --- was wondering about Boost packs?
Never used them. Been waiting for others to take the plunge and report. I will say that I have stopped using boveda.Will hope to hear good things on Boost .

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Any certain reason why? Did the quality suddenly go down?
Read up a post or 2 ^^^^ . I think the B packs snatch terps and flavanoids. Cant explain why but it seems to be the case. I took half of the same plant and cured 1 in a jar with and one without a boveda. After 2 months cure there is a noticeable diff in the nose and tatse. However, it didn't seem to affect the potency. :D Which is a good thing. But potency alone doesn't satisfy most of my fellow tokers. These dayz we have to hit it on all cylinders.

Thats why I dont use boveda anymore.

Dan789

Dan789

B6B3F0A0 B250 4E4C 8220 2F17B876A0DB
I lost a few jars myself because of boveda pack - so are the cvaults good ? going to get some Boost packs because of what you said - thanks for your input !!
Cvaults seem like the answer to me.

H

hawkman

Read up a post or 2 ^^^^ . I think the B packs snatch terps and flavanoids. Cant explain why but it seems to be the case. I took half of the same plant and cured 1 in a jar with and one without a boveda. After 2 months cure there is a noticeable diff in the nose and tatse. However, it didn't seem to affect the potency. :D Which is a good thing. But potency alone doesn't satisfy most of my fellow tokers. These dayz we have to hit it on all cylinders.

Thats why I dont use boveda anymore.
that's what I found out also - no affect on thc but effects taste and smell (terpene's & essential oils)

Top Bottom