Branches Breaking On Their Own ?

• Thread starter Yodabud95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yodabud95

Yodabud95

Y
They just break?
Yes just snap and was hanging there both main bottom bud tops ain't there now she just has her top 3 bud branches which seem to be doing better then the bottom half did it's weird and has me boggled

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Y

Yes just snap and was hanging there both main bottom bud tops ain't there now she just has her top 3 bud branches which seem to be doing better then the bottom half did it's weird and has me boggled
If it’s root rot it will start from the bottom and work it’s way to the top. I don’t believe you can stop it once it starts. Unless you transplant and remove all the rot if you can get to it without destroying the root mass

MissBotany

MissBotany

It might be fixable, it’s best to go to a local garden center and ask what will address root rot. IF it is root rot, it could be a caused by a localized pathogen. I am also a worst case scenario thinker. So just ignore me if you’d like :)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
69FF07A8 BE31 40DC BF83 5998F4B8339A

Is the branch still attached at the part i circled?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
@G gnome is this not an infirmary thread maybe you can move it? Not sure it will help but couldn’t hurt.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is a fabulous mystery. After analyzing this spectacular mystery I will expect a prize.
0557CF44 B399 4674 9B9B F6370F0DD604
see the box?
B131ED3C EB24 4F92 A633 0DA21A2ED29D
See the branch?
B6715FB9 32F6 4BDA AE8D 8FE62C41F159
see the broken branch that got damaged by the the box? I expect a pile of seeds delivered to my door for solving this fabulous mystery.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
31EBA962 A155 4A5F 943A F1CBD4EB0636

You may be right about that but i am seeing the same shriveled look at the base of the stem. I may be way off but it looks like the base of the stem is narrowing when it should be wider. But that can be because of the angle or shadows or anything really.
This is a fabulous mystery. After analyzing this spectacular mystery I will expect a prize.View attachment 813752 see the box?View attachment 813753 See the branch?View attachment 813755see the broken branch that got damaged by the the box? I expect a pile of seeds delivered to my door for solving this fabulous mystery.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 813761
You may be right about that but i am seeing the same shriveled look at the base of the stem. I may be way off but it looks like the base of the stem is narrowing when it should be wider. But that can be because of the angle or shadows or anything really.
I believe he removed the branch if I’m not mistaken.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I believe he removed the branch if I’m not mistaken.
Yeah probably it was little dried out and thats why it is narrower, thats one possibility. If its fresh off the plant, it should be wider tho. Well i hope you are right dealing with an abrasive wooden box is better than dealing with fusarium. His temps and humidity are too high which led me to believe its a fungal disease. Again picture is too dark to see whats going on at the base anyway.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah probably it was little dried out and thats why it is narrower, thats one possibility. If its fresh off the plant, it should be wider tho. Well i hope you are right dealing with an abrasive wooden box is better than dealing with fusarium. His temps and humidity are too high which led me to believe its a fungal disease. Again picture is too dark to see whats going on at the base anyway.
Yes, I concur!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
This stem looks like it was pinched.
I pinch the life out of my branches sometimes by mistake. I mean it literally turns liquid but i never had this due to pinching. I may be lucky and got away with it so far but i think its a pathogen, or maybe consistent abrasion as @1diesel1 suggested. Either way we will see when and if it stops or not.

Yodabud95

Yodabud95

But seriously, not a cat. I see classic signs of root rot. I noticed taco leaves and your bottom branches are dying.
It was root rot i spent a entire day transplanting my ladies to 3 gallon pots and fresh soil plus feed them tiger bloom and other food only 6 day's into dark cycle grew another foot tall now all have tiny buds flowers they looking much better hopefully i saved them but one she still looks upset got leaves curling down ward but will perk back up when light's go off she went into shock 5 different time including on the transplant but she is flowering but with only one main bud stock left has a bottom stock I'm not expecting anything from it

MissBotany

MissBotany

It was root rot i spent a entire day transplanting my ladies to 3 gallon pots and fresh soil plus feed them tiger bloom and other food only 6 day's into dark cycle grew another foot tall now all have tiny buds flowers they looking much better hopefully i saved them but one she still looks upset got leaves curling down ward but will perk back up when light's go off she went into shock 5 different time including on the transplant but she is flowering but with only one main bud stock left has a bottom stock I'm not expecting anything from it

That’s good news though! I bet you’ll never overwater again ;)

Yodabud95

Yodabud95

They just break?
Yes steams where weak and they did have root rot i transplanted into 3 gallon pots and checked out the roots they where over half brown in color but doing much better since they have more room for roots to grow i do have an update photo of them

Yodabud95

Yodabud95

That’s good news though! I bet you’ll never overwater again ;)
Never over watering the one gallon pots keep soil soggy wet for a good week they couldn't drain right but better pots and soil drying better i did an experiment with them by using my outdoor garden soil since it's loaded with food they need

Latest posts

Top Bottom