Breeding And Tent Possible Issue

• Thread starter Balanque
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Balanque

Balanque

So I had a female of a certain seed stock, had some issues with the seeds when I was starting them, lots never popper, and I ended up with 3 plants. 2 were female and i got 1 male, since these seeds were relatively expensive i decided to polinate a bud on the female in my tent. I did not go about this in the right way, turned off my fans but not the exhaust. I rubbed a leaf covered in pollen on the bud and obviously it got everywhere and i got hundreds of seeds. Anyways, so the second female is in the tent, going on 6 weeks now, I start finding mature seeds on only the bottoms of the buds. Any chance I had pollen left in my tent from a month ago? I havent found anything other than female flowers on her and the other plants in the tent have no seeds or any signs of male parts (looked extensively).
Breeding and tent possible issue

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Always do your pollinating away from the other females. Meaning outside of your tent. Then wrap the limb you pollinated with a paper bag and put an elastic around the end of the bag. You can then shake the bag to assure better distribution of pollen and the bag will keep stray pollen from pollinating your other females once you put the plant back in the tent.

And to answer you final question yes there is a high probability there is stray pollen in your tent. And until you wet that stray pollen and deactivate it you could suffer from pollination on future runs.

The fix is after this run and between harvest you need to do a thorough cleaning of all fixtures and surfaces in your tent. Use plain water as a final rinse down. Water will make the pollen sterile.

Oh hey stoner be sure to unplug all your appliances before cleaning and wetting stuff. Also be sure to change your filters and pre filters as there may be pollen imbedded in those as well. Hope this helps!!!!

Necromancer

Necromancer

When I pollinate I take the plant out and away for a few days than I spray with water..let her dry for a 2 more days than pollinate again wait another 2 days to dry and spray with water again and then return her back. I never had an issue with stray pollen using this method. Hope this helps you in your future breeding endeavors.

Top Bottom