Brewing Gear Used For Hashmaking

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I put my beer brewing kettle to work making some hash. Very convenient system. When the water bucket gets full I dump it back In with the grass and rinse again. I just use a piece of durable poly tight mesh netting in the kettle as a prefilter then drain into the bubble bags. Recirculate rinse and repeat. Keeps stems from touching my 220 bag.

Also, I only do two prewashes of the coarse netting and 220 micron before I collect from a single 33 micron screen. One grade. If I do multiple grades, I only like a couple of them lol.

Made from dried cured tips and popcorn buds. Wet hash was frozen, microplaned and dried for 4-5 days. This is made with 4 different varities of pot and tastes like oldschool hash but is very, very melty.

Cheers
Brewing gear used for hashmaking
Brewing gear used for hashmaking 2
Brewing gear used for hashmaking 3
Brewing gear used for hashmaking 4
Brewing gear used for hashmaking 5

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I put my beer brewing kettle to work making some hash. Very convenient system. When the water bucket gets full I dump it back In with the grass and rinse again. I just use a piece of durable poly tight mesh netting in the kettle as a prefilter then drain into the bubble bags. Recirculate rinse and repeat. Keeps stems from touching my 220 bag.

Also, I only do two prewashes of the coarse netting and 220 micron before I collect from a single 33 micron screen. One grade. If I do multiple grades, I only like a couple of them lol.

Made from dried cured tips and popcorn buds. Wet hash was frozen, microplaned and dried for 4-5 days. This is made with 4 different varities of pot and tastes like oldschool hash but is very, very melty.

Cheers
View attachment 856333 View attachment 856334 View attachment 856335 View attachment 856336 View attachment 856337

How did you press it? Isnt there a process to get it denser so it smokes better?

I just collect keif in 150 micron screen trim trays and sprinkle it on tokes here and there.

But i could press it into hash.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
How did you press it? Isnt there a process to get it denser so it smokes better?

I just collect keif in 150 micron screen trim trays and sprinkle it on tokes here and there.

You can borrow my rosin press if you ever need it :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You can borrow my rosin press if you ever need it :)

Well that is a nice offer. Do you press your close bud leaf trim?

I get overwhelmed with frosty trim and small and loose buds. We make a ton of coconut oil but there is always more crom the perpetual harvests.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I load up a hammer press with kief, put in oven at 190 deg for 10 minutes, then put the hammer press in my 12 ton press, and put about 5 to 6 tons on that. Pucks come out perfect.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I usually just press buds. I honestly throw away most of my trim. I know it’s a waste I just hate processing it.

I had another grower make bho with mine. There is anything not premium nug in the trim jars. And i cure it right along with the buds. He said it yielded heavy. Maybe when it builds up in my storage totes again we should give it a go?

We just made a bunch of coconut oil for edibles. We processed a half pound of trim. Mrs. Mmg’s muffins are awesome!

I will have to share some with ya. I smoke all the time and can get teally high and stoned for hours. We make the oil with at least 4 different strains/crosses for the best array of cannabanoids possible.

It has done a few medical wonders to my surprise. My wifes internal life long cysts dissapeared with no other treatment and a friend with nerve damage to his arm claimed he played guitar on it after being unable to move it much before that.

The breeder of my main seeds has MS and relies on the Blue lemon thai for mobility. That was a huge reason i picked his stuff.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I had another grower make bho with mine. There is anything not premium nug in the trim jars. And i cure it right along with the buds. He said it yielded heavy. Maybe when it builds up in my storage totes again we should give it a go?

We just made a bunch of coconut oil for edibles. We processed a half pound of trim. Mrs. Mmg’s muffins are awesome!

I will have to share some with ya. I smoke all the time and can get teally high and stoned for hours. We make the oil with at least 4 different strains/crosses for the best array of cannabanoids possible.

It has done a few medical wonders to my surprise. My wifes internal life long cysts dissapeared with no other treatment and a friend with nerve damage to his arm claimed he played guitar on it after being unable to move it much before that.

The breeder of my main seeds has MS and relies on the Blue lemon thai for mobility. That was a huge reason i picked his stuff.

Sure we can give it a try. Just let me know when you’re ready. I quit saving my trim cuz it takes so long to gather a decent amount of it and I don’t bother with curing it. I should start collecting it again though. Just haven’t lately.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I form it into the rectangular block
by hand and then put it into a small freezer bag. I then use a 1 quart Mason jar full of really hot water to roll over it and press it with just my bodyweight. That causes the resin to flow from the bulbous heads and it darkens to that dark brown colour. When you cut it open it's nice and light gold inside.
It's sort of how Frenchy cannoli does it except I dont kneed it or make temple balls. Just slabs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I form it into the rectangular block
by hand and then put it into a small freezer bag. I then use a 1 quart Mason jar full of really hot water to roll over it and press it with just my bodyweight. That causes the resin to flow from the bulbous heads and it darkens to that dark brown colour. When you cut it open it's nice and light gold inside.
It's sort of how Frenchy cannoli does it except I dont kneed it or make temple balls. Just slabs.

Neat! I like the old school method.

When i was a kid in the 80’s we used to get the gold seal black hash. It too was lighter colored inside.

I think i will try this with a small jar and a few grams of keif to tey it out.

Thanks!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Neat! I like the old school method.

When i was a kid in the 80’s we used to get the gold seal black hash. It too was lighter colored inside.

I think i will try this with a small jar and a few grams of keif to tey it out.

Thanks!
I remember gold seal well, this is very similar stuff. Just a bit more melty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom