Broken Branch

• Thread starter zendog13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zendog13

zendog13

Geeze-Louise! Can I get a break? (Ouch.)

Just as I was doing handstands that my dreaded bud rot was actually a few hungry caterpillars (now sadly deceased), I walk out this morning to find one of my major (lower) branches broken (weight?) and hanging by about 1/4 of the fibers of the branch to the stem.

I'm estimating that I'm 1 - 2 weeks away from harvest.

Here's my question: Do I harvest this now? Or do I let it survive (and mature) as it will, and then take it with the rest of the harvest or when I notice the first signs of degradation?

Thanks hive!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
You can support the branch from underneath so the moist scar tissues touch each other fully and cover it with beeswax. It will heal in a week or so but you dont have to take beeswax off anyway, plus when it heals a callus forms which automatically peels the beeswax off.
Also you can use tape instead of beeswax but i prefer beeswax.
If they look about ready you can harvest too.
Personal choice.

Perception

Perception

CrimsonEcho is right. It will heal. I use electrical tape to help support mine :D

If it's SUPER crimped and almost broken off, putting a splint on it might not be a bad idea. But normally they will still figure out how to flow water and nutrients, even with a hard crimp. Nature is amazing.

Just keep an eye on the branch. If it looks like it really has been cut off from water (ie: leaves yellowing and dying off after a few days), then just chop it. But I bet you that within 24 hours, the leaves will all re-orient themselves to the sun, and it'll look perfectly healthy.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

depending on size of Branch and Location you can use a Straw splint and some tape./. this works great cut the straw to proper length the split it open wrapping it around broken area and then tape the straw. done it a few times myself :-)

Top Bottom