Brothers Grimm

• Thread starter lazarus718
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lazarus718

lazarus718

Alright guys, I'm looking for someone who can give a complete history on the Brothers Grimm...who they were, what they were able to do for the farming community, strains list...the whole shibang. I'm a big fan of plants that have come into existence through their work and would love to hear the story myself. I don't care if you start your own thread on the topic, paste the link in this one and we all can get some dank education. Being a history buff and loving these strains I want to discover where guys like sub and rezdog got this kind of an inspiration!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
The brothers grimm were known as Mr.Soul and Sly...They brought us lots of things like princess, genious, cafe girl, cindy,and rosetta stone to name a few. Their luck began when they found some seeds in a pack of dutchgrown sensi jack herer..

Mr Soul is probably most famous for originating Cinderella 99 aka Cindy99, [as related in an internet post by "MrSoul", June 2000]..

A Cinderella Story & MrSoul's "Cube" Theory...

A Cinderella Story...:

I've been seeing a lot of posts from people asking for the "Cinderella Story", so here it is:

In 1997, I (MrSoul) discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess".

Therefore Princess' mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.

I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe'Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.

The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is "Cinderella 99", a cubed version of Princess.

The name "Cinderella" was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning.

MrSoul elaborates further...in another post...

"Princess is a female which resulted from a seed found in a Jack Herer bud I bought in Amsterdam near the Sensi Seed Bank at "Coffeeshop Sensi Smile". The bud came in a 2 gr. cello-pack with the Sensi logo; I expected sinsemilla, but it had about 10 seeds so I assume she's an F2 JH. Her characteristics were so fine I wanted to create seeds that would "replicate" this plant. She has the KILLER Haze-influenced high with the most DELICIOUS pineapple /evil scent, 50 day maturation in 12/12, and incredible resin production, doesn't stretch - yet clearly Sativa-dominant! Last but not least: Never a hint of hermaphrodism after 2 years of cloning & many different styles of grow.

I wanted to "cube" Princess but add a little beef to her branches because the buds were always too heavy at harvest and branches needed staking to keep from flopping over. I crossed my ShivaSkunk female with one of the males from the same group of seeds that Princess came from. THIS cross produced a male which was then crossed to Princess, creating "P.50" (using a shorthand notation I developed to indicate the fraction of Princess genes in the cross).
Each generation is the result of crossing a male from the previous generation to Princess herself (incestuous, I know).

Blow-by-blow description of the generations:

P.50 = Heavy, single-cola type plants with mellow high (too much influence from the ShivaSkunk) Sweet fruity scent/flavor. Unstable in most traits - for example, 10 days difference in fastest/slowest maturation period in a group of 20 seedlings.

P.75 = Plants leaning MUCH more in the direction of Princess in floral cluster and bud structure, scent/flavor turned more "tropical" like pineapple. The stability was becoming better - two major phenotypes; short & dense (potent too) or tall/HUGE (Not so potent).

P.88 = Renamed Cinderella 88 when first released on the market. It grows fast and produces excellent yields of FROSTY buds in 7 weeks! Generally uniform seedlings with minor differences in floral formation and some height variance, but the smoke is quite consistent from all plants - Dense, heavy nuggets of fruity scented & flavored (like wild berries) and covered in resin glands, the dried buds have distinctly ORANGE pistils.(check out my cola shots..hairs get so fukin' orange, that's how I always id my cindy-Tex)

And now P.94 = Cinderella 99. This project has been a huge success. The strain has been embraced by the "net"work of growers with rave reviews.

MrSoul's "Cube" Theory...

"...Bros Grimm have been employing a method called "Cubing a Clone" to create strains from unique female plants for years now.

Read the following and you'll understand:

Cubing a clone is a way to create a unique seedline (a “strain”) modelled after a currently existing female individual.

The goal is to create seeds from which the females replicate the phenotype of the original female.

Obviously the chosen female should be an outstanding specimen.

Procedure:
CONTINUOUSLY KEEP A MOTHER IN THE VEGETATIVE STATE TO PROVIDE CLONES

1. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the pollen of a related male, preferably her father or a brother. The resulting seeds contain 1/2 the original female's genes and 1/2 those of the male. An unrelated male won’t have the Y-chromosome of the chosen female’s family & therefore any Y-linked traits of the family will always be missing in the seedline.

2. Grow the above seeds & flower them. Collect an equal quantity of pollen from each selected male and mix it together.

3. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the above pollen. These seeds contain 1/2 the original female’s genes plus 1/4 more because the male used was 1/2 her genetics too. I call this generation “.75” to capture the idea that it’s 3/4 of the original female’s genetics.

4. Grow the above seeds & flower them. Collect an equal quantity of pollen from each selected male and mix it together.

5. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the above pollen. These seeds contain 7/8 the original genes (1/2+3/8), the ".88" generation.

6. Grow the above seeds & flower them.
Collect an equal quantity of pollen from each selected male and mix it together.

7. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with the above pollen. These seeds contain 15/16 the original genes (1/2+7/16), the ".94" generation.

Theoretically, this will be a stable, true-breeding seed line from which all females are replicas of the original. "

"MrSoul" speaks further on Cindy...

"I personally think the plants these Cinderella 99 seeds produce are every bit as good as a cutting from Princess herself (or better).
I say better because the flavor of no two plants is "identical"; there's a personality to all living things. Like Princess herself, Cinderella is sweet & fruity to the palette and nose, and when you take a hit you're BLASTED...with the same "racy" high as Princess!
The improvement comes in the yield department; 25% greater yield and a stronger branch structure, which I accomplished by starting with some ShivaSkunk genes in the original father in the cubing process.
I knew I'd blend out the majority of the traits from ShivaSkunk in the cubing process, but I was hoping to incorporate the ShivaSkunk's stronger branches because Princess had a tendency to need supports in the final two weeks of flowering. As it turns out, I got lucky and it worked.
The name suits the strain IMO - it's a true Cinderella Story." - MrSoul

"Jack Herer is an unstable strain bred from an unequal combination of Sk#1, NL#5, and Haze. Crossing a male and female Jack Herer creates an F2 generation which has a HUGE number of possible recombinations of the genes. I grew out some Jack Herer F2s and discovered a SPECIAL one, "Princess", which has many improvements on the original JH such as a shorter flowering time, denser bud structure and pineapple scent/flavour. I have been continually back crossing Princess with her male offspring (generation after generation) which eventually creates a stabilized strain having her special characteristics found reliably in most females grown from those seeds. Each generation is composed of a 50% genetic contribution from Princess (since she's the seed parent) and a 50% contribution from the pollen parent (which also has an increasing percentage of Princess' genetics with each generation). The progression goes: P.50, P.75, P.88, P.94, and P.97...at that point it's considered stabilized (a male and female P.97 can be crossed and the offspring are essentially the same as the parents). I have been VERY pleased with the way this project is going; even the P.75 generation was rather stable in the sense that the individuals were all rather uniform and HIGH quality. ...So, you see, since I have combined genes from Sk#1, NL#5, and Haze, creating a plant which has characteristics distinctly different than Jack Herer, and I'm creating a stable strain from this plant... it's legitimately MY work." - MrSoul

"Each generation exhibited a MAJOR jump in potency (P.50 was rather mellow)...P.75 has a well-balanced body/mind high with a citrus flavour, Cinderella 88 is cerebral & paralyzing with a tropical fruit flavour, and Cinderella 99 is "TRIP WEED"...with more of the fruity flavour and speedy effect from Princess." - MrSoul

"...Princess smells very much like pineapple both during flowering and when dried, but there's this "evil" scent in it too, like rotting meat, which has been linked with the most devastating weed (notably the Durban/Thai hybrid from SSSC, years ago). The taste is connoisseur quality when it's cured; VERY fruity. The high is almost too intense for a lot of people; Dr. Atomic actually refused to smoke any on our second meeting, after getting rather "hazed and confused" on the first sampling we did together a couple of weeks before, so he decided to try Shiva Skunk and found that more mellow and to his liking. Two hits of Princess will induce your body to tremble involuntarily and your heart to race and paranoid thoughts... very much like Haze, but not quite as intense. It also has a "creeper" quality that makes it easy to over-indulge...you get progressively higher during the first 10 minutes after smoking. Look at the May '98 issue of High Times' centerfold and find "Yellow Cab"...that's EXACTLY what the finished Princess buds look like. The "frosting" of stalked, capitate trichomes on the flowers and smaller leaves gives them a "furry" appearance much like Haze."
MrSoul

"I'd personally advise you to "top" the C-99's at their 4th branch set (about 3-4 weeks old) then when the branches grow to be about a foot long (about 6-8 weeks old) you should flower them. You'll know which plants are female BEFORE you ever switch the light cycle to 12/12. Cinderella plants always show preflowers at the 5-7 branch sets during the VEGETATIVE stage... when they're a little over a month old.- Mr Soul "

Mr Soul's Tea Recipe(s)

Seedlings less than 1 month old
-nute tea mix-
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
1-cup earthworm castings/5 gallons of water every 3rd watering

Veg mix-
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
@ 1-cup mix/5 gallons of water every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
5 tbs. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
@ 2 cups/5 gallons of water EVERY watering.

You can use queen size knee high nylon stockings for tea bags.
3 pair for a dollar at the dollar store.
Tell 'em you use them for paint strainers.
Put the recommended tea in the stocking, tie a loop knot in it and hang it in your tea bucket.
The tea should look like a mud puddle.
Agitate the bag in the water vigorously.
An aquarium pump and air stone will dissolve oxygen into the solution and keep the good bacteria (microherd) alive and thriving. Let it bubble a day or two before you use it.
~MrSoul~

MrSoul's soiless mix & MrSoul's guano tea (recipe)
MrSoul's soiless mix to be used with MrSoul's guano tea.
-----------------------------------
Soul's Mix

50% Pro-mix
25% perlite
25% wormcastings

mix in a cup of dolomite lime per cubic foot of soil & wet the mix with an organic tea made from dissolving a cup of PSG in a 5-gallon bucket of water.

Soul's Guano Tea

-veg mix

1part Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1part High N Bat Guano
1part Earth Worm Castings(EWC)

@ 1cup mix/5G H2O every 3rd watering.

-flowering nute mix:

1part PSG
1part EWC
1part High P Guano

@ 2cups/5G H2O EVERY watering.

-and yseedlings<1 month old nute mix

1cup EWC/5G H2O every 3rd watering

Soul uses a "Tea Bag" and lets it sit in 5 gallons of water overnight.
A sock, knee high panty hose or bandana can be used as a tea bag.
The tea should look like a mud puddle.
Agitate the bag in the water vigorously.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Alright guys, I'm looking for someone who can give a complete history on the Brothers Grimm...who they were, what they were able to do for the farming community, strains list...the whole shibang. I'm a big fan of plants that have come into existence through their work and would love to hear the story myself. I don't care if you start your own thread on the topic, paste the link in this one and we all can get some dank education. Being a history buff and loving these strains I want to discover where guys like sub and rezdog got this kind of an inspiration!

I feel ya bro, I'm a huge BG fan. I have their pineapple Cindy and it is amazing. I have a lot more info on them if ya need.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Huge Fan of Mr Soul, fuk yeah! back when men were men and closet grows were king!!! Im subbed!! I lost my BG Cindy cut in 99. Been chasing that girl ever since!!

Oh man bro.. That does suck.. I think I know someone who can help ya out.. ;)

lazarus718

lazarus718

That's some great info Tex, thanks a lot bro for sharing that!!! Every plant I have seen with C99 crossed in it is just f-ing amazing in yield and potency, really good stuff. Anyone know what became of Mr. Soul and Sly?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Huge Fan of Mr Soul, fuk yeah! back when men were men and closet grows were king!!! Im subbed!! I lost my BG Cindy cut in 99. Been chasing that girl ever since!!

I'm going to be hunting for some holy grails starting this summer bro, looks like I got some space locked down to start keeping some moms and working some crosses, and the old brothers grimm genetics are where I will begin my crusade.

forknowledge

forknowledge

Go for it lazarus718. I to have been fascinated with Bros Grimm for some time now.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

thats a good place to start......I did sugar blossoms once.....amazing work....

and cindy... that genetic obviously speaks for itself....I grew out some c99 f7's or something from wallyduck and literally every plant was identical

S

swisscheese

Man have been wanting real cindy for a long time. Had a strain called little princess a while ago hermed bad but had a racy sweaty effect and fruity flavor, always wondered if it was related to princess. LP was much too stretchy for me too. Would love to see some farmer shots of the REAL CINDY 99. ;)

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Man have been wanting real cindy for a long time. Had a strain called little princess a while ago hermed bad but had a racy sweaty effect and fruity flavor, always wondered if it was related to princess. LP was much too stretchy for me too. Would love to see some farmer shots of the REAL CINDY 99. ;)

Real Cindy is priceless & very special. C99 is very racy & can cause confusion, paranoia is a side effect, def can be intense & sweaty for many.. After a couple of hours or so, it'll subside slowly & easy, and a more colorful, blissful, happy, fun high will set in ime..

The smell is veryy sweet & tangy/zesty fresh pineapples w skunk piss. There's no doubting the sweet pineapple what so ever.. The hairs turn neon orange, one of the tell tale signs of a real bg cindy. I'm smelling my grow room right now and it's pure sweet tangy pineapples w hints of skunk. My carbon scrubber has a hard time covering the pineapple skunk piss.. :harvest:

Real Cindy!!

11061009900 5
11061009900 6
11061020308 2
11061020308 9
11061020308 16
DSC02890
DSC02891
DSC02899
DSC02902
DSC02924
IMG 0147
IMG 0148
IMG 0152
IMG 0143
IMG 0135
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

that is perfect...^^^^ I never got mine to purp up but hell ya @ how many days???

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
There she be Tex! Oh My she looks wonderful! Great Job on her!!

Yes sir!! Thank ya my brotha.. She is a 50-55 day'r max.. Holy grail for many.. Huge yielding fast flowering sativa.. Pulling 4-6 out of soil is nothing for her.. :harvest:

F

froggy

Thank your for starting this thread. I love a good history lesson.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Real Cindy!!

Damn Tex!!! My jaw just hit the floor on that one! What awesome work was done with that strain bro, what more could you want in life? That Cindy is a fierce one ain't she?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thank your for starting this thread. I love a good history lesson.

You're welcome froggy, some nights I get on here and just start thinking about some crazy shit man. Then an idea hits and I gotta learn more.

T

treehugger

That's some great info Tex, thanks a lot bro for sharing that!!! Every plant I have seen with C99 crossed in it is just f-ing amazing in yield and potency, really good stuff. Anyone know what became of Mr. Soul and Sly?

Soul ended up in Europe when the internet came back to bite the un-wary. "Sly", (i believe) was just a figment of Soul's marketing/paranoia.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Soul ended up in Europe when the internet came back to bite the un-wary. "Sly", (i believe) was just a figment of Soul's marketing/paranoia.

That's interesting man....makes my quest for history all the more appealing bro

BlackBart

BlackBart

Did someone say Bros. Grimm ? I just finished Rosetta Stone . I have had the seeds for years but for some reason have never done anything with them . I had four plants in all and did a chop a few days ago . One dried little nug got me motor mouthing and couldn't sit still . The flav is not there yet on these they need some more curing time . I use Bio Bizz for ferts and 15 day flush with molasses . Enjoy

RS  1
RS 2
RS  3
RS  4
Top Bottom