Brown Spots Showed Up Today. Help Needed.

• Thread starter JackD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JackD

So I'm 4 weeks into flower now and the brown spots had gotten worse over the past week on my Pineapple Haze and I even started seeing a few spots on my Blueberry and Strawberry Kush plants. I've been giving 2 tsp of CalMag Plus and 1 tsp of Jack's All Purpose (20-20-20) per 4 gallons of tap water. Along with those brown spots, I've been getting a lot of yellowing leaves and quite a few that are low on the plant have been falling off. So I've been starting to suspect my plants are starving and I ordered an EC/PPM meter.

This morning, I started with a flush and my runoff measured around 0.25 EC. Sounds like overfeeding is not the issue. So I mixed up my 4 gallons of water with the same nute amounts above and measured the EC at around 0.4. From what I've read, that's pretty damn low. The level of CalMag I've been using is only half of what many people suggest and since my water is soft and my soil doesn't seem to have much of anything in it, including no lime, I decided to double it. After doubling the CalMag, I added more Jack's All Purpose until my EC was around 1.0.

So I'm now at 4 tsp CalMag Plus and 2.5 tsp Jack's All Purpose in 4 gallons of water. As a side benefit of this higher dose of nutes, it made the ph come in at 6.7, so I didn't add any ph down. I'll be keeping my eye on the plants over the next week to see how they respond. With this being my first grow and reading so many warnings about beginners over feeding, I think I may have been starving my plants from the beginning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom