Brownies. How Fine To Grind Up Stuff???

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

whats up cats,

I have very good tiny, sugar coated leafs, tiny bit of trim, some so so stuff I almost threw out n a good solid 10grams of well grown/cured stuff.

Going to use it all in one batch.

My ?, how fine to grind it all up??

I have a coffee grinder n space case.

I’ve read lots of posts that grounding it up to flour like consistency releases even more thc?

That grinding with a coffee grinder releases more thc because there is more surface area.......Same art said smoking it only uses 15% cuz 85% goes to waste once u put a flame on it???? (Idk, 20yr smoker here n 1yr grower)

But I’ve seen lots of how to”s n other reads all saying the same thing.

But then u will be eating the powder??

Or just space case?? Going to start cooking in a few hours

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Personally I would never use flower or trim for edibles. Reason is how potent do you think the end result is going to be? That' why i only use extracts. Etoh, iso, bho, rosin, distillate, co2. One can pretty much dial in a a pretty good close dose estimate.

Exampes
1g bho for 12 edibles is about 12x 70-80mg doses

.7g distillate is the same as above
.8g rosin
1.2g etoh
1.2g iso

I make hundreds of edibles a month.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

By the time you decarboxylate it, at least from my experience, it pretty much crumbles to dust so really no need for grinding. At least with trim.

Hackerman

Hackerman

You don't want to put the actual herb in the food. If you do, it's going to taste like poo poo. LOL

Google one of the zillions of butter recipes online. My best results are to decarb the pot (no need for grinding or anything. In the over at 240F for 40 min). Then, either a crock pot or stove top with butter and water method.

Either way, when you're done, you strain the butter/oil out via cheesecloth and then toss the remaining herb. By now, all the good stuff is in the butter.

Lots of recipes out there. If you have trouble finding or understanding one, let me know. I'll try to point you towards a good one.

I do a ton of edibles and make butter or oil at least once a week.

Good luck

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Dont put the pot in the brownie. ... make it into butter and use that.

Correct

I use a strainer w/coffee filter n toss it once I give the filter a good squeeze once saturated

Icristal

Icristal

whats up cats,

I have very good tiny, sugar coated leafs, tiny bit of trim, some so so stuff I almost threw out n a good solid 10grams of well grown/cured stuff.

I’ve read lots of posts that grounding it up to flour like consistency releases even more thc?

That grinding with a coffee grinder releases more thc because there is more surface area.......Same art said smoking it only uses 15% cuz 85% goes to waste once u put a flame on it???? (Idk, 20yr smoker here n 1yr grower)

I make tons of edibles using cannabutter. But when it comes to brownies, I use decarbed ground up sugar trim and a little ground up bud (after decarbing, grind enough so your not biting into a stem or chunk of bud)lol. I have tried to use the butter, but there is a huge difference in how strong it is. If you use ground up weed, make sure you try the brownies at very small pieces and wait to see how the effect is, otherwise you could get into trouble. lol I make oatmeal cookies, caramels, choc. covered caramels, chocolates, brownies then portion, wrap and freeze them, use as needed. This has worked great for me, hope it helps. I also add an extra egg to anything that has eggs in it, as weed butter or trim makes things a tad drier. I only use ground up weed in brownies, all other edibles I use cannabutter.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I make tons of edibles using cannabutter. But when it comes to brownies, I use decarbed ground up sugar trim and a little ground up bud (after decarbing, grind enough so your not biting into a stem or chunk of bud)lol. I have tried to use the butter, but there is a huge difference in how strong it is. If you use ground up weed, make sure you try the brownies at very small pieces and wait to see how the effect is, otherwise you could get into trouble. lol I make oatmeal cookies, caramels, choc. covered caramels, chocolates, brownies then portion, wrap and freeze them, use as needed. This has worked great for me, hope it helps. I also add an extra egg to anything that has eggs in it, as weed butter or trim makes things a tad drier. I only use ground up weed in brownies, all other edibles I use cannabutter.

For this reason (and I don'
Want gritty weed teeth after), I use only extracts. The dosing is better and no guessing if ppl will be sleeping or having a great time.

N

nicefellow

whats up cats,

Put it in cannabutter

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Grind it up as fine as you can then insert into rectum. The brownies come later, the high comes now

Top Bottom