Bt And Spinosad

• Thread starter bobs.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobs.buds

Hello would someone let me know when spraying BT and Spinosad on my plants can I just spray it on top of the leaves or should I spray it on the top and turn the leaves up and spray the bottoms as well. Thank you.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Hello would someone let me know when spraying BT and Spinosad on my plants can I just spray it on top of the leaves or should I spray it on the top and turn the leaves up and spray the bottoms as well. Thank you.

What are you using the bt for? Im assuming catapillers or another above ground insect/s. If for fungus gnats spraying plants wont work

As for spinosad. Please spray it at night... it kills bees and other bennies! Yes top, bottom, stems, and possibly soil with the spinosad. Check label always!!!

Average

Average

Full coverage and definitely shut ventilation system down for at least 4hr when spraying pesticides.

B

bobs.buds

Thanks to you all. The leaves are being eaten. Not sure what type of bug. Only one plant has it. But I sprayed all of them. Did not spray the soil with the BT though. Will do that. 1diesel1 not sure what you mean by bail quick. I do leave the room after spraying. Should I be wearing a respirator?

B

bobs.buds

What are you using the bt for? Im assuming catapillers or another above ground insect/s. If for fungus gnats spraying plants wont work

As for spinosad. Please spray it at night... it kills bees and other bennies! Yes top, bottom, stems, and possibly soil with the spinosad. Check label always!!!
Sorry meant to say Spinosad on the soil.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Thanks to you all. The leaves are being eaten. Not sure what type of bug. Only one plant has it. But I sprayed all of them. Did not spray the soil with the BT though. Will do that. 1diesel1 not sure what you mean by bail quick. I do leave the room after spraying. Should I be wearing a respirator?

Spinosad, i hsve heard that its not good for humans. Niether is bti..it can live in our guts and do damage. How bad it is i dont know. Read an article on globalhealingcenter.com not sure if its reliable.

Most sprays say organic......bs....spray and bail....TRUST ME....see tbe writting on the wall....pyrethtins fucked my lungs up a lil bit...i sprayed and bailed still kind of fucked my Lungs

Good luck in your endevours! Grow on.....

B

bobs.buds

Thanks to you both. Hey G gnome so can I just spray the tops of the leaves with Spinosad? What about the BT?

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

If you got something eating your leaves and cant see it...first thing for me that comes to mind is earwigs!

Look for 1/4 inch sized holes coming up from inside your pots...if your pots are lying on a flat surface pick them up and check underneath...i had them once had to get a green light and go in lights off(was flowering at the time or it wouldnt have mattered) and seen a few on my plants...if your in veg just go in a couple hours here and there after lights out. Check and see if there are any on them....you got leaves hanging on by a thread? They chew just to get in at the juices....fuckers! they dont like light either...have you seen the bug eating up on ya shit?

B

bobs.buds

Thanks for replying. I never see any bugs so is hard to identify. There are no earwigs though.

53B2C555 7B41 45D3 A9C7 59E1FB5A72D1
Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

The leaves have holes in them in jagged patterns. I was trying to find the bugs myself but don’t see them.

Did you lift the pots up? Go in at night? Look for that. Get a loop to check for bugs you cant see. 30X magnification is a start.
Look look look...pics please

B

bobs.buds

It wud help to know what kjnda bug ur fighting...ive only used spinosad on thrips and it doesnt sount to me like thats what u got. Idk what bt is?
So the above pic is the stuff besides Spinosad that I am using. Can you tell me if I can just spray the tops of the leaves with this one as well. Thanks G gnome.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

I take back my earwigs comment! Caties for sure...water the spinosad into the soil. The bt should probably be sprayed as the sun finishes setting so it lasts all night and into the morning...peace

B

bobs.buds

Thanks Friendly. Just to confirm the BT I don’t need to spray on the plant, just the soil?

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Im still thinking its earwigs. Maybe catapillers. Spinosad in soil plant takes it up and stores it in leaves.

Bt is a contact product for caties. You have to spray them.

Earwigs your going to need diatom earth. Sprinkle it all over the plant....

NOT RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD UNTIL I KNOW WHAT BUG/S YOU HAVE. Read your labels...damn!
Thanks Friendly. Just to confirm the BT I don’t need to spray on the plant, just the soil?

Top Bottom