Bubble trays ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

Does anyone have pictures and descriptions in how they made their bubble trays that are used to vegg plants before their put in to the UC's.

Thanks

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Concrete mixing tubs from Home De Pot, 2ft-ish x 3ft-ish, $12.98ea. I used 1" rigid foam insualtion, $9.87 for the lid. Made the lids about 1.5" wider than the tubs, then layed the net pots on the lid to get an idea of the spacing I wanted, and traced them onto the lid. Then measured an inch in from the the circle I just traced onto the lid, all the way around the circle making dots at the 1"mark and then connected the dots to make another smaller circle inside of the one I traced from the pots. Then took a razor and cut through using the inner circle as my guide. Next, I drilled holes near the outer edge of the net pot for my airline to run through, and once the net pots are in place with the airstones, its pretty much ready to go. Note: I haven't gotten to put these to use yet, I literally just made them like 2 days ago... Hope this helps..

*In the last pic, you can see on the bottom circle, lines that I drew that look similar to a clock face. That was to make it easier when drawing the inner circle, started by marking 4 corners, then kept splitting each section in half until I was satisfied, then measured the 1" in from each mark.

IMAG1400
IMAG1399
IMAG1402
IMAG1403
UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks Silvrhaze.

I am building one using a Bonticare 4 x 8 table and have mounted on the top, 2 of the 4' x 4' Bontanicare table lids. Each lid has 12 of 8" holes drilled for the UC net pots.

Curious as to how big of an air pump would be required for a 4' x 8' table and what size water pumps on each corner of the 4' x 8' table is required too.

Thanks again for replying :)

Capfan

Capfan

Any thoughts on a bubble tray for netpots as big as the 10" ones? seems the mesh pots themselves are to big to put 25 or so into a table? So what about some sort of smaller netpot to get a big root structure to plop in the 10" Netpot?

UC Quest

UC Quest

Hey cap fan.

I am presently using a Botanicare 4 x 8 table with two Bontanicare 4 x4 lids on top.

I drilled the lids with 4 rows of three 8" holes. So between the two lids I have 24 of 8" holes. The lids would accommodate 24 10" holes Ia m sure :)

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

instead of buying the lids for the trays use a 4x8 sheet of foam insulation from home depot... its much easier to drill and its A LOT cheaper..

UC Quest

UC Quest

Will the foam insulation hold the weight of 24 net pots ?

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

I'm still questioning whether mine are going to hold just 4 per lid... one tray will have growstones and the other will be hygromite. Growstones are waaaay lighter. I've been thinking of either lining the outside perimeter with 2x2 or running across the middle from each direction... or maybe both...

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

I found a local plastic shop to make mine out of a starboard material, not the cheapest route but im very happy

mine have no problem holding up 6 plants vegged to 24"+ no sagging no bowing, no light leak, easy to clean...

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Light leaks were an issue for me where the edges of the lid sat on the tray

Delerium

Delerium

I found a local plastic shop to make mine out of a starboard material, not the cheapest route but im very happy

mine have no problem holding up 6 plants vegged to 24"+ no sagging no bowing, no light leak, easy to clean...
Isn't the starboard the same material CC uses for their lids on the cloner and UC Veg 8 Site system

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

Isn't the starboard the same material CC uses for their lids on the cloner and UC Veg 8 Site system

not sure I asked/begged Christian @ CC to sell me a UCSOLO Pro and at the time I guess they weren't yet available or were being modified or something? so ive never seen the CC's... I imagine its done proper

I ended going DIY... I used the next size larger tray mine are 2' x 3' and hold six plants each, both trays Re-Cir, there is a filter, an inline pump and an epi-center

Delerium

Delerium

not sure I asked/begged Christian @ CC to sell me a UCSOLO Pro and at the time I guess they weren't yet available or were being modified or something? so ive never seen the CC's... I imagine its done proper

I ended going DIY... I used the next size larger tray mine are 2' x 3' and hold six plants each, both trays Re-Cir, there is a filter, an inline pump and an epi-center
Issue with them is they only have 8 sites, toss up between having 4 of them or 2 4x4 with 16 spots, both equaling 32 plants in veg. Could probably get away with 3 of them but I do like having a few extra plants to choose the best ones.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

Issue with them is they only have 8 sites, toss up between having 4 of them or 2 4x4 with 16 spots, both equaling 32 plants in veg. Could probably get away with 3 of them but I do like having a few extra plants to choose the best ones.

I remember DS posting pics using the 4 x 4 w/ 16 sites. 12 was my number or I would have gone the 4x4 route myself... hope that helps

Last edited:
Top Bottom