Bubblelicious And Dinamed Cbd Grow Diary

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

Dinamed CBD, week 3 of flower. She recovered from the minor N toxicity I put her through. Lots of basal trichomes forming and the occasional glandular appearing so this will definitely have some THC but that was to be expected. I was trimming a few a the fan leaves off that were blocking bud sites (last trim) and the smell she puts off is amazing: orange, clove, and the typical cannabis smell.

D72834FB 8F09 4608 A256 0261B3099EF8
MissBotany

MissBotany

Bubblelicious. Week 5 flower. Lots of trichomes, pistils beginning to turn amber. They take whatever nutrients I give them. Very hardy plants. Still have a few weeks but at least they are more than halfway done. The plants are very compact so I have ample air circulation and have to be diligent about humidity control from here until they’re done, it would be devastating to get PM or bud rot now.

FA3F86C2 EBEF 4F3A BB10 76F4C5356604
043289C5 682D 4FD7 BB64 9A0845823DF2
MissBotany

MissBotany

My white widow are moving along. Up potted with espoma organic potting soil. I’ll start nutrients when I normally feed my others. Hopefully I like this soil mix as much as fox farm ocean forest. Unfortunately, fox farm is not sold in stores anywhere near me and I had to get these seedlings up pottted before I ran into an issue with algae growth. Peat moss + high humidity = algae. I also put these seedlings on an 18/6 light schedule.

252F9F18 6243 4ED7 BB85 D357C640CE73
MissBotany

MissBotany

Bubblelicious are 6 weeks 1 day into flower. I checked the trichomes today and the taller plant has clear, cloudy, and amber trichomes. I would say more cloudy than clear and amber. I think these will be ready to harvest closer to 8 weeks. Any thoughts? I’m going for more uplifting than couch lock. I hope I don’t screw this up!

The pictures of my taller bubblelicious. The runt will probably be ready to harvest a week or two later (I think). She has mostly clear clear trichomes right now.

20868CE9 89E2 45F3 B3FC 0082D8464E1A
1207D799 1868 4316 AC35 B13734B21517
Last edited:
MissBotany

MissBotany

White widow, veg tent:
So my first complaint about espoma organic potting soil (previous FFOF user), it’s stays way too wet! Going to transplant into the large airpots earlier than planned (today) to help keep the soil aerated. I knew I shouldn’t have messed with a good thing. Also, I am switching back to the 24h light schedule for my white widow seedlings. My night time temps get way to cold and the humidity is just to high. Ive already found mold on my rapid rooters and don’t want to risk anything worse. I’ve improved air circulation by putting the fan inside the veg tent (instead of outside blowing into an open vent hole). Also 24 h light keeps my plants compact and when I have height constraints, I need the short plants!

MissBotany

MissBotany

Used the last of my bud candy this last feeding so I picked up some blackstrap molasses. My bubblelicious is 7 weeks into flower today (8-10 week harvest window). I’m going to start flushing the taller one since she is showing signs of an earlier harvest based on trichomes and the start of calyx swelling. I normally feed each Saturday/Sunday so I guess flushing will start this weekend. The shorter one still has maybe 3 weeks left.

My plan is to harvest the top bud sites and leave the lower bud sites on the plant to finish maturing.

I kinda of goofed and didn’t document clearly when my dinamed CBD began her bud sites. I think she might be 5 weeks into flower and not 4. My issue is I don’t always update my grow diary on time so my dates are sometimes off. I also keep a separate log in my office but neglected to update that too! I’ve been looking at her trichomes and I think there will be enough glandular trichomes to determine maturity. I’m not sure if I look for the same characteristics in basal trichomes as I do glandular trichomes to determine harvest time. Guess I’ll have to do some reading...

If anyone is interested my lavender is FINALLY starting to sprout. Lavender has a very low germination rate so I’m hoping at least half come up.

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

Nice grow going on here. I've always been a fan of FFOF. I have not played around with a lot of prebagged soils in a while but I remember it being one of the better soils with a lot of food mixed in. Some people just up pot and ride the soil nutrition with plain water from start to finish sometimes with an organic or mineral salt pk additive on occasion during flower. Making soil mixes is always fun if you want to go that route at some point.

I too am interested in how one determines maturity for CBD strains. I've always been under the impression that high cbd and thc strains mature the same way with cloudy trichomes but I've never given the thought that the trichomes might look different. Could you take a close up picture of the Dinamed CBD like you did with the bubblelicious?

MissBotany

MissBotany

Nice grow going on here. I've always been a fan of FFOF. I have not played around with a lot of prebagged soils in a while but I remember it being one of the better soils with a lot of food mixed in. Some people just up pot and ride the soil nutrition with plain water from start to finish sometimes with an organic or mineral salt pk additive on occasion during flower. Making soil mixes is always fun if you want to go that route at some point.

I too am interested in how one determines maturity for CBD strains. I've always been under the impression that high cbd and thc strains mature the same way with cloudy trichomes but I've never given the thought that the trichomes might look different. Could you take a close up picture of the Dinamed CBD like you did with the bubblelicious?

Will do! Since this strain high CBD/very low THC, there are very few of the larger glandular trichomes to use to determine harvest time. I am not able to find a lot of info about when to harvest this strain except the breeder’s harvest window (8-10weeks). I’m hoping the basal/CBD trichomes get larger so I can view them through my loupe. I could use the glandular trichomes but I there are like two on the whole plant (0.5% THC). Someone on here said to harvest at 7 weeks. I keep checking the basal trichomes but they are still too small to view for cloudiness.

I have been reading that a later harvest, past when you would harvest for prime THC, is best for CBD. So I could harvest when the few glandular trichomes are all amber which might indicate the CBD is at its prime. Also, I may do a staggered harvest. Take some at 7 weeks, some at 8 weeks and if I’m patient, 9weeks. Then I can vape and see what works best.

MissBotany

MissBotany

So here is the dinamed CBD, up close and personal. From my understanding most of the CBD is in the sessile (smaller & shorter) trichomes and the yellow color indicates high CBD. The highest concentration of THC should be in the bigger, stalked trichomes (I'm not concerned about the THC). As you can see, there are more of the small sessile trichomes than there are of the taller, stalked. I think I should look for cloudy and yellowing sessile trichomes to determine when to harvest? I may be overthinking (as usual) this but I seriously don’t want to waste a whole grow by cutting her down too soon or late.

A8F8ECA7 B7E5 4471 BDFE F26D228D2220
D1D9A695 B2B8 4566 97CB 985338EFADB3
85A982BD D230 428C 8C33 128350CAB2BE
justiceman

justiceman

Very cool about CBD trichome sizing. I have a freebie seed of a CBD strain I might have to try out soon. I beleieve amber trichomes are THC that has begun the degrading process into CBN but I don’t know if that changes or is different for high CBD strains.

Harvesting early before the breeders window would not be best I’d say and I think you are correct in that you should keep looking for an increase in cloudy trichomes.

General rule of thumb is it’s easier to harvest too early than too late although once again I don’t know if being a CBD strain changes things. Usually if a breeder says for example 8-10 weeks then I shoot for the longer flowering time to make sure of maturity since often their projected finishing times are under ideal conditions.

MissBotany

MissBotany

I cut down one of the bubblelicious and she’s been drying for 3 days. I had maybe 1 or 1.5 cups of trim(I didn’t weigh it) that I decided to work with today. My first attempt to decarb was cut short because after about 5 minutes in the oven, it was way stinky. So I decided to use something similar to the sous vide method. I put 6oz of coconut oil in a canning jar with the trim and put that in a hot water bath for 2 hours. Now it’s sitting in a crock pot on high for probably 12 hours. This method had absolutely zero smell and the lid sealed itself after a few minutes so nothing could escape. Hopefully my experiment works. If it doesn’t then at least it was just trim. Right now the oil is a bright green color.

99ABD1B9 4980 4AB0 9EA5 F82AAB41B2A9
justiceman

justiceman

Very nice. In my opinion coconut oil seems to absorb more than the traditional butter approach. It can reach some seriously strong heights. Sometimes too strong for me but that's with high THC strains. I need to play around with ratios a bit more. I'd imagine with CBD the stronger the better but I really don't know much pertaining to CBD. That's why I'm so interested in following this journal. Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing how the coconut oil turns out for you.

MissBotany

MissBotany

I tested my bubblelicious tincture and I felt no effect. I’ll let it sit the crock pot overnight and test it again tomorrow. I have a feeling either the trim was too weak or it didn’t get decarbed right. I know it’s potent because I vaped a little tester bud last night before bed (still too wet to smoke but vape worked okay). Definitely a night time smoke for me, gave me giggles, happy thoughts, then knocked me out cold, lol. I couldn’t be functional if I smoked it during the day!

Seriously can’t wait for my dinamed CBD to finish flowering. She’s my day time, be a functional adult smoke and I’m getting impatient.

MissBotany

MissBotany

So the good news is that leaving my tincture in the crock pot worked. 1 tsp of cococanna oil and about 30 minutes after, I starting feeling the effects now an hour after that, I definitely know my tincture worked... maybe a little too well :)

Currently in the tent, the second bubblelicious taking her time. Mostly cloudy trichomes, some amber.

The dinamed CBD is starting to show her colors. I can’t wait to see how her color progresses. Trichomes are cloudy and clear with the ossacasional yellow and amber.

The bubblelicious I chopped, day 5 of drying. Im guessing I have 2 oz dried. I’ll be weighing it all soon.

82DF5DCB 9784 4CC5 8298 C4ACED086E25
B12B771A D547 4121 89B9 476AC30A9EBF
313BBE8E 3205 4BB7 9537 F8959C2F5A8D
str8smokn

str8smokn

My quantum board for my veg tent finally came today! This thing is ridiculously bright considering how small it is. It’s also very thin and lightweight at 9oz. I have a feeling I’m going to buy a few 2700k boards for my flower tent.

With that said, my 24x24x36 veg tent will be here next week. Once that comes, I will get my next grow started. I still have 4ish week left on the bubblelicious and longer on the Dinamed but I plan on vegging the new plants until the bubblelicious are ready then put them in with the Dinamed to flower.

Trash can picture: the last few days I have noticed my trash bags have been ripped open in my trash container. I suspected an animal but really wanted confirmation I was right. (My security camera would be out on that side of the house). This morning I got my confirmation, muddy paw prints! It looks like a raccoon has been feasting on my trash! Now I have to put a cinderblock on my trash can to keep the raccoon out. Also, this is another reason not to put cannabis waste in your trash...a raccoon could unintentionally rat you out!

Throw some pot cookies in there, let them eat em and they will never comeback to your can again!!!!
They get stoned just like us and hate it.
Just make sure to put enough so they get scary stoned( delusional).
It works I promise; I have a buddy that did it and hasn’t had any more problems since. That’s been a couple yrs now.
STR8

MissBotany

MissBotany

Now that I know the canning jar/water bath method works, I’ll make tinctures with my dinamed CBD once I harvest her. That bubblelicious tincture lasted 4 flippin hours, 2 hours were mellow and the other 2 hours were way more intense than I like.

Also, the tincture has a weird popcorn flavor and smell. It smells worse than it tastes. It’s actually really bland which means it would probably work reall well in smoothie or something of that nature.

MissBotany

MissBotany

I got 1.5oz dried off my first bubblelicious. I did dabble in the stash a little (maybe 5-10g) before I weighed it.

I did discover dried bananas on one of the popcorn buds and I found 5 seeds in one of the lower branch buds. I inspected the other buds on that plant and it appears that was the only damage. Hopefully my two other plants didn’t get knocked up!

I have a feeling defoliation during flower stressed her out. This next grow, I will do all my pruning before I flip to flower.

Top Bottom