Bubbles In Concentrate After Rotovap

• Thread starter LittleTerps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LittleTerps

I am running my product through co2 extraction and rotovaping the material after the winterization process.
Here is what it looks like after I remove it from the rotovap.

Any advice on how to remove those small bubbles out of the product?
I've tried purging it on a hot plate but that it's taking quite longer than expected.
Bubbles in concentrate after rotovap

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Welcome

Above my pay grade. Hopefully @Graywolf or @EugeneOregon can chime in on this.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I am running my product through co2 extraction and rotovaping the material after the winterization process.

I've tried purging it on a hot plate but that it's taking quite longer than expected.
View attachment 740888
Have you tried warming it to 110/115F and pulling a 10K micron/-29.5" Hg vacuum?

A

Arty

View attachment 740888

When I ran into this issue a while back, I would put in back into roto and set to extract water. Buchi 20L.
After that my product would not have any bubbling and no slurr

Leew421

Leew421

Remove and roll it out flatter and it will remove those bubbles. Could be terp bubbles

Graywolf

Graywolf

I'm pulling at 30~35C so that might be where I'm running into my problem. Vacuum is good so I'll try this my next run and come back with results after.

Thanks GW!
They actually look like air bubbles from tranferring from the flask to the pan, but vacuum should make them go away. 35C/95F is a tad cool for most extracts.

Nothing magic about 46C/115F, because it's an average. What you are looking for is the temperature that the puddle fully melts, thus lowering the surface tension for the bubbles to escape at that relative pressure.

Reducing the relative pressure using vacuum of course does the heavy lifting.

Top Bottom