Buchner Funnel Questions?

• Thread starter ForrestGUMP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Would you suggest winterizing? Or should I save my 200$ lol
Save your money. I have NEVER ever seen anyone make stable shatter out of winterizing with Ethanol. You will have better results with freezing your column. I only winterize my crude oil to make distillate. The boiling points of ethanol vs butane is like a 50 degree difference.

F

ForrestGUMP

Save your money. I have NEVER ever seen anyone make stable shatter out of winterizing with Ethanol. You will have better results with freezing your column. I only winterize my crude oil to make distillate. The boiling points of ethanol vs butane is like a 50 degree difference.
Ok good to hear, im sick of spending money lol

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

View attachment 764678 View attachment 764679 View attachment 764680 Here's a picture of a slab that I ran maybe an hour ago. It's been in the oven maybe 20-30 min and was already stable enough to fold over corners and touch. Here's a pic of that and a few test results
Looks great! I can't wait to get my results back! Mostly looking at terps because I have always been curious what the combination of terps that made the blue cookies oil I made. Blue raspberry slurpee with gas.

gumby420

gumby420

What do I know? I can only recover a lb of butane a minute :smoking:[/QUOTE]

do you run passive or active?

gumby420

gumby420

Looks great! I can't wait to get my results back! Mostly looking at terps because I have always been curious what the combination of terps that made the blue cookies oil I made. Blue raspberry slurpee with gas.
that was also a trim run, our nug run shatters have tested around 8% and still stable as fuck. our nug run "sauce" is above 10% every time

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

What do I know? I can only recover a lb of butane a minute :smoking:

do you run passive or active?[/QUOTE]
Passive or active? I feel like a noob for asking but haven't heard those terms. I run jacketed shatter platter and jacketed base. I have a 4kw heater with a pid attached to my jackets. So it is constantly boiling water. A lot of ppl dont realize that when anything hits their boiling point they can never exceed it. Like butane staying at 30 degrees even boiling. For shatter when I gets closer to the end of the run, I turn the temps down to a cool 115 so I don't volatilize any terps.

gumby420

gumby420

passive means no pump, active means with a pump. I keep my recirculating heater at 85 the whole time through the spool and the shatter platter jackets. I run active with dual recovery so I don't need crazy pressures like you do with passive.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

passive means no pump, active means with a pump. I keep my recirculating heater at 85 the whole time through the spool and the shatter platter jackets. I run active with dual recovery so I don't need crazy pressures like you do with passive.
Ahhh yes, I do have a pump, my active recovery pump, I see I see. Lol yeah I don't need the crazy pressures. But I can run a 4 lb column and recover it all in an hour.
When I keep pressure down and when I don't use boiling, my recovery times go up 2 to 3 times. Just something I have noticed over some time.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Ahhh yes, I do have a pump, my active recovery pump, I see I see. Lol yeah I don't need the crazy pressures. But I can run a 4 lb column and recover it all in an hour.
When I keep pressure down and when I don't use boiling, my recovery times go up 2 to 3 times. Just something I have noticed over some time.
And that hr includes the about 20 or so is me building up and taking down the system. So about 30 to 40 minutes of recovery.

gumby420

gumby420

And that hr includes the about 20 or so is me building up and taking down the system. So about 30 to 40 minutes of recovery.
so at a lb/min you're flooding 30-40 lbs? what pump are you using? I flood 16 lbs on a 4lb column and my recovery from injection to pour out is an hour. vapor assist takes about 20 min, once vapor assist is done I'm hitting roughly a lb every two minutes depending on what solvent ratio I'm using. I used 70/30 for the last few years but recently switched to 50% n tane, 25% iso butane and 25% propane. the Iso butane makes EVERYTHING stable. I was running one growers material with 70/30 and it would be unworkable sap every time. I switched to an ISO blend and now its stable enough to flip by hand.

gumby420

gumby420

the higher psi in your collection pot and the lower psi in your recovery tank will speed things up. thats the whole point of passive. I try to get my collection pot at around 60-70psi during vapor assist and have my recovery tank as low as I can get it. usually around 5-20 psi. it definitely speeds up recovery

gumby420

gumby420

also this is for the OP. sorry for hijacking your thread. so when I was having trouble getting stable shatter lowering my oven temps worked...for me. but it sounds like I had a similar set up as you. I had the closed column extractor. I would put mason jars under the pour spout and blast into the jar. then take that jar and put it in a cooler full of dry ice and bury it up to the top with the lid off. once that hit around -45 I would run that through a Buchner funnel. I think that made my shatter a little more stable. maybe try single solvent dewaxing. also what solvent are you using? that could be a factor as well.

F

ForrestGUMP

also this is for the OP. sorry for hijacking your thread. so when I was having trouble getting stable shatter lowering my oven temps worked...for me. but it sounds like I had a similar set up as you. I had the closed column extractor. I would put mason jars under the pour spout and blast into the jar. then take that jar and put it in a cooler full of dry ice and bury it up to the top with the lid off. once that hit around -45 I would run that through a Buchner funnel. I think that made my shatter a little more stable. maybe try single solvent dewaxing. also what solvent are you using? that could be a factor as well.
I'm using whip it brand butane. I was thinking about starting to get it by the tank. Getting a little confused converting the ml to pounds lol

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

so at a lb/min you're flooding 30-40 lbs? what pump are you using? I flood 16 lbs on a 4lb column and my recovery from injection to pour out is an hour. vapor assist takes about 20 min, once vapor assist is done I'm hitting roughly a lb every two minutes depending on what solvent ratio I'm using. I used 70/30 for the last few years but recently switched to 50% n tane, 25% iso butane and 25% propane. the Iso butane makes EVERYTHING stable. I was running one growers material with 70/30 and it would be unworkable sap every time. I switched to an ISO blend and now its stable enough to flip by hand.
About 30 lbs or so over 4 lbs yes. I will have to check next time I go to the farm but its a bad ass pump for sure. (I bought all this equipment used from my mentor)
the higher psi in your collection pot and the lower psi in your recovery tank will speed things up. thats the whole point of passive. I try to get my collection pot at around 60-70psi during vapor assist and have my recovery tank as low as I can get it. usually around 5-20 psi. it definitely speeds up recovery
The recovery tank(actually called a solvent tank, I got schooled hard on IG for calling it a recovery tank) shouldn't have about any pressure at all, pressure has to flow. So I think we are on the same wave length just lost on translation. The base I try to build up to 30 or so psi before I start my vapor push. I run 70/30 I am going to have to check out that mix you got. Sounds like a great blend.
And yes sorry OP about hijacking your thread.

F

ForrestGUMP

About 30 lbs or so over 4 lbs yes. I will have to check next time I go to the farm but its a bad ass pump for sure. (I bought all this equipment used from my mentor)
No worries lol
The recovery tank(actually called a solvent tank, I got schooled hard on IG for calling it a recovery tank) shouldn't have about any pressure at all, pressure has to flow. So I think we are on the same wave length just lost on translation. The base I try to build up to 30 or so psi before I start my vapor push. I run 70/30 I am going to have to check out that mix you got. Sounds like a great blend.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I'm using whip it brand butane. I was thinking about starting to get it by the tank. Getting a little confused converting the ml to pounds lol
Aye.. Open blasting, I used whip it once when I was open blasting back in the day, did not like the taste. I think its just because its a cheap tane. Noticed a significant difference when switched to Luciennne, Special Blue(still cheap), or even Colibri(best tasting but apparently has a lot of mystery oil ppms). That's just my .02 on the tane used in open blasting. I think once you freeze your column or/and solvent you will be on your way to making stable.

gumby420

gumby420

whip it premium is the best out there for open blasting. look up skyhighler's best to worst canned butane list on icmag or tokecity. he tests every company you can think of for mystery oil and they're the cleanest. also what I ran for years. I also like they're blend of solvent.

gumby420

gumby420

you run 30lbs of solvent through a 4lb column? that seems super excessive, what kind of system are you running that even holds that much solvent?

Top Bottom