Bucket Filler

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ever need to say fill 5 gallon buckets or other random containers with water from your filter? Check this little idea out. I always forget I'm filling and have a big water cleanup on my hands, so I came up with a solution. I took a clamp from the tool section of Homey D's, and drilled one side of the handle to allow a float valve to mount through. The other side, I took off the red vinyl, then I snipped off I'd say 3/4" to clear the hose, then trimmed the red vinyl cover to fit. Voila! Fill anything without spills. Enjoy.:rauch08:

Bucket filler

Bucket filler 2

-TF

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Great Idea!!
I end up cleaning overflow way to often. This simple solution is perfect.
FJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ever need to say fill 5 gallon buckets or other random containers with water from your filter? Check this little idea out. I always forget I'm filling and have a big water cleanup on my hands, so I came up with a solution. I took a clamp from the tool section of Homey D's, and drilled one side of the handle to allow a float valve to mount through. The other side, I took off the red vinyl, then I snipped off I'd say 3/4" to clear the hose, then trimmed the red vinyl cover to fit. Voila! Fill anything without spills. Enjoy.:rauch08:

View attachment 134313

View attachment 134314

-TF
Oh my God... BRILLIANT! As in "better than Guinness in a can!" Seriously, you have NO idea how often I've let the water overflow (accidentally, always, completely and totally accidentally, I would never waste water on purpose) and how it pisses off my husband. He is always reminding me that because of the water we're going to have to replace the subfloor in the basement that he put in. He scowls at me, scolds and chastises me, but mostly he scowls at me. ---> :evilgrin0040:
We can't let that happen, now can we? He won't be swayed by my feminine wiles, either. I know, I've tried. Forgiveness is found by preventing the flow in the first place!

Awesomeness, I have the float valve, just need the clamp to execute the plan!

Giddeon

Giddeon

Hell yeah TF nice, And I thought that I was the only one who left water running and flooded entire basements before :) After 5 hours with a wet/dry vac, 2 1600 CFM carpet fans and a large squeegee I ended up putting float valves on all my buckets and res's. I do love the portability of this Clamp on float valve!!

Papa

Papa

Supporter
brilliant!

and clean as can be . . . as usual.

B

Bunz

Get a 55 gallon drum and attach that same float valve to the inside of the drum. 55 gallons of r/o water ready 24/7!!!!

Pic of the drum and r/o system in the background.....

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v207/Whoad_Up/003-8.jpg

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yes, yes, I know about the drum, silly. I use a 100g res for my RO storage. This is just for small jobs. I was doing a lot of small batches of nutes and hand feeding. 5 gallon bucket was all I wanted for that.

-TF

R

RMCG

Brilliant!

I have been trying to figure out how to add a constant feed into my humidifier.

This is going to work perfectly!

Freak

Freak

Breeder
Supporter
Brilliant Idea TrichomeFan, as I too have flooded the ol' basement once or twice.....
Gonna build me one of those today....
Peae
Freak :harvest: Cabin Fever

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

excellent idea TF! I can't count how many times I've left the water running while I go smoke a joint and then find myself sprinting to turn the water off as I hear it overflowing.

SupaM

SupaM

Me and my downstairs neighbor both thank you...lol! Gonna grab a float this week.
All the Best!

S

shibbyshawn

Can you put up a tutorial or parts list for the retarded readers like me? Pretty plz with a nug on top?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Parts list:

one float valve from hydro shop. I use 3/8" hydro logic, some use 1/4"
one small spring clamp from homey D's
drill the hole through one side of the clamp, and thread the valve through the hole

How's that?

-TF

dankworth

dankworth

Parts list:

one float valve from hydro shop. I use 3/8" hydro logic, some use 1/4"
one small spring clamp from homey D's
drill the hole through one side of the clamp, and thread the valve through the hole

How's that?

-TF

"There will be no additional repping of Trichomefan today."

hiboy

hiboy

old thread awesome info...not lost to the bottom of the stale threads..
hb

Top Bottom