Bud Back Building - Real Or Myth?

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

This is exactly how bad information starts, so let's please not tell people to cut their buds or their junk...
I wouldn't quite go that far. This is how discoveries start. Through open discussion, experimentation, and mishaps. We don't know everything about this plant. The thread was started merely as a topic for discussion. I never stated anything as fact. I was looking for experience on the subject or opinions, such as yours.

While I am still a little skeptical, I can't deny the differences I see. It can very well be from the points you made earlier, or, it's quite possible this is an optional technique. Every grower has their own style or techniques. They have a routine that works for them. I'm looking for mine and I don't mind trying something different, and experimenting while trying to find it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I wouldn't quite go that far. This is how discoveries start. Through open discussion, experimentation, and mishaps. We don't know everything about this plant. The thread was started merely as a topic for discussion. I never stated anything as fact. I was looking for experience on the subject or opinions, such as yours.

While I am still a little skeptical, I can't deny the differences I see. It can very well be from the points you made earlier, or, it's quite possible this is an optional technique. Every grower has their own style or techniques. They have a routine that works for them. I'm looking for mine and I don't mind trying something different, and experimenting while trying to find it.

It's very possible the damaged colas will become more potent as long as they have the time and energy to recover. Same principle as super cropping. From what I understand, the damage causes a defensive reaction by the plant, increasing resin production and psychotropic potency. (I wonder if it works that way with CBD.)

I think that's right but if I'm wrong I'm open to correction.

madgrower

madgrower

I totally get it. I personally have a hard time cutting off anything that's healthy. If it wasn't for some of my tips bleaching, I most likely wouldn't have tried it.

You're not cutting off much though either. It's the very tippy top. Just about the width of the scissor's blade on the tip.
I get bleach at least on one plant a run. I’ll try it next time I see any

madgrower

madgrower

Can’t hurt to try it. A bleached top is gonna get cut off anyhow when dry

3 balls

3 balls

I personally enjoy hearing interesting experiments. This one could amount to nothing or be a game changer for certain genetics, who knows. You never claimed this to be a technique everybody should start immediately. Just off the top of my head I can think of several techniques that are now commonly used that had to of been considered absurd when first discovered. We never stop learning and side by side experiments are my favorite aspect of this hobby.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Don't you think we'd know this by now tho really if it worked? It's just called a swell, simple as that. Excited always to be proved wrong

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Don't you think we'd know this by now tho really if it worked? It's just called a swell, simple as that. Excited always to be proved wrong

Like 3 balls said, the benefits could be strain specific. For how long these plants have been grown you'd figure there's nothing we wouldn't know, but there's been huge advances in the last decade alone. I've been smoking weed for over 30yrs and didn't know sh*t about it till I started growing only 2yrs ago (and I live in pot central). With legalisation happening all over the place I think we're going to be hearing of many new techniques. Some for better or worse. I'm not going to pooh pooh it out of hand.

Weed responds well to damage. He's at least on the right track.

H

Hdinkleman

I'm still not sure yet. I want to try it again. Also, how does it affect the flower after being dried and cured? Is it fatter, but fluffier? Or does it cure just as dense but larger? I do believe the theory behind it is to slow vertical growth, and encourage horizontal growth. It's claimed to produce fatter, larger colas, with more of a uniformed rounded shape, and increase yields.

While I'm leaning one way, I'm still on the fence. I need to see more. But I am curious now as it seems to me like something definitely happened.
it works i have done the same thing on different colas same plants
dont listen to the naysayers, you got the evidence it works right in your pictures thats the same thing my plants buds did, they got “rounder” and fatter

Reactions: Ina
H

Hdinkleman

its all over a different forum, this site is one of the worst for new techniques, buncha old timers set intheir ways still running hps and being extremely closed minded.
um try googleing bud backbuilding im not going to waste my time posting the link for you

zzzybil

zzzybil

its all over a different forum, this site is one of the worst for new techniques, buncha old timers set intheir ways still running hps and being extremely closed minded.
um try googleing bud backbuilding im not going to waste my time posting the link for you
Well geezzzz no need gettin snippy..... IDK if it's my demon machine or what but i find goggle either censors or just sucks - couldn't find exotic genetics on goggle , went to yahoo and boom there it was . ANYWAY gotta love folks that give a LINK ! That lil extra generosity of spirit -always appreciated .

Anyways i tried the ''back building '' sorta - just a teeny tiny take the fuzz off the top of a cola that had several twins- so i could see the difference. Wasn't no big leap of faith - the tips tapered to diddley .
About a week later ,don't really remember but the difference was clear enuff - i did a few more .

IMO no i wouldn't massacre or fim a beautiful bud - tho not a bad trick up your sleeve for a skrawny thin fail to thrill disappointingly fluffy/thin bud that needs a hand in the dense filling out dept.

H

Hdinkleman

Well geezzzz no need gettin snippy..... IDK if it's my demon machine or what but i find goggle either censors or just sucks - couldn't find exotic genetics on goggle , went to yahoo and boom there it was . ANYWAY gotta love folks that give a LINK ! That lil extra generosity of spirit -always appreciated .

Anyways i tried the ''back building '' sorta - just a teeny tiny take the fuzz off the top of a cola that had several twins- so i could see the difference. Wasn't no big leap of faith - the tips tapered to diddley .
About a week later ,don't really remember but the difference was clear enuff - i did a few more .

IMO no i wouldn't massacre or fim a beautiful bud - tho not a bad trick up your sleeve for a skrawny thin fail to thrill disappointingly fluffy/thin bud that needs a hand in the dense filling out dept.
you dont massacre a bud, you literally just snip a tiny bit off the tip of the flower, a miniscule amount.
it just signals the plant that it cannot keep building upwards due to something stopping its progress.
its kind of like a square tomato, when the plant reaches a barrier, it will still do what it needs to produce its fruit

H

Hdinkleman

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hey man, be cool. There's no reason for libel. There are new techniques, equipment, mediums, nutes, etc... being discussed and used all over this forum. I've been on this forum a year and a half and have barely scratched the surface. I dont think I know two people on here that grow the same way. We are extremly diverse and world wide. It is a rare occurrence for me to have to look for information anywhere else and I use a combination of new and old techniques. 99% of which, I learned here.

Don't burn this account. Stick around. You might find your new teqniques.

Last edited:
H

Hdinkleman

what are your thought on bubba kush @SmithsJunk
i saw these seeds here and im a big bubba fan from some years ago i had some pre-98 bubba kush

Latest posts

Top Bottom