Bud Candy

• Thread starter rooraholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

genisis

I can not compare to Humbolt, but I have been using Bud Candy for the last couple of cycles and can see a marked increase in resin on the buds. I like it.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

you could pay something like $30/L for bud candy or you could go to your nearest grocery store and get some organic blackstrap molasses and some sucanat(bought both for $10). They do the same thing as bud candy, provide plants with sugars and carbs, but 4 a lot less. 1 tsp of each per gallon while flowering, throughout flushing as well. plants love it. plus it is somewhat helpful in the prevention of insects in your grow medium. If you want the lowdown on sugars search for the thread titled magic molasses. Happy Growing:)

p.s. the organic, wholefoods grocery stores are good places to look for sucanat and blackstrap molasses.

J

Jalisco Kid

you could pay something like $30/L for bud candy or you could go to your nearest grocery store and get some organic blackstrap molasses and some sucanat(bought both for $10). They do the same thing as bud candy, provide plants with sugars and carbs, but 4 a lot less. 1 tsp of each per gallon while flowering, throughout flushing as well. plants love it. plus it is somewhat helpful in the prevention of insects in your grow medium. If you want the lowdown on sugars search for the thread titled magic molasses. Happy Growing:)

p.s. the organic, wholefoods grocery stores are good places to look for sucanat and blackstrap molasses.
How does the sugar protect you from insects in your medium? JK

dextr0

dextr0

Does molasses have amino acids?

E

Element4NorCal

Advanced Nutrients vs. Bloombastic

The name in its self claims to be some of the best stuff on earth for plants. Their marketing team at advanced is amazing considering they have their own magazine called Rosebud which does not mention anything about being owned by Advanced Nutrients but alas every last advertisement in the magazine has a small advanced nutrients symbol somewhere hidden on the page.

The majority of their products as well as being over priced are not very high quality. If you are looking for a real quality product for flower that will give you more explosive growth, more resin production, better tasting frostier buds I would recommend Bloombastic. It is jam packed with all kinds of micro nutrients and sugars to boost your buds when they need it most.

Jay Frost

H

hockeyfrk5

I use Bud Candy starting at 4 weeks into bloom, and slowly increase the dosage in each feed (growing indoor, soil). I used to just use molasses, which hands down improves the taste, but I've noticed a significant increase in sugar by using Bud Candy. During my last week, I give them plain water, a little micro and Bud Candy, and they sugar right up. The last two days, I use water and a molasses treatment. :)

Y

Ya...The Pizza

one could possibly use a mixture of blended berries instead of molasses for hydro, as long as the ph is balanced and the water has been thoroughly agitated, just throwin' that out there. never tried it before though.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I consider myself a noob. I have 2 runs under my belt, one with a partner and one solo. On my solo run I used Bud Candy, and I am VERY happy with the results. I don't see why people HATE on AN so much. Is there another Nutrient Company out there that is dedicated to MJ? Sure they have a wacky marketing campaign, sure there product costs more. But I have to say that I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the results I have achieved using their products. Can I get the same something similar for less? Sure....is it the same? No.

I recently got a lot of shit for using AN from a guy who has been growing for 15 years. When I told him I was using a recipe that was part AN and part H&G he told me "You payed too much for your nutes!" Well just the other day I was chatting with him and he told me he just lost his entire room. He also said that he was talking to a close friend who had just lost his entire room. The one thing both the rooms had in common was Base Nutrients. They both got a BAD batch of nutes. They saved maybe 100 bucks by going the cheaper route.......but the loss of a room 4 weeks into flower.......whats that set ya back? What did he buy next? AN

Bottom line for me is quality. I don't have a problem spending a little more to ensure I come out with quality buds. I invest a LOT of time and energy into what I do.....and the last thing I want is to lose a crop because I was being frugal with my nutrients.

O

Oregonic

Is black strap needed if using sucanat? From my gatherings, sucanat maintains almost all its molasses content.... just wondering. I know sucanat has amino's and B vits, not sure about molasses

true grit

true grit

Using bud candy from wk 2-8, loving it for damn sure. ANd i agree, i have been very happy with the AN line up.

dextr0

dextr0

N-P-K
0-0-1

Bud Candy Application Rate
2 mL / Liter during weeks 1 to 6 of flower

Additional Application Instructions from a hydro retailer (not on label or AN website)
May be used as a carbohydrate stimulant to feed beneficials during vegetative stage at 1/2 strength.

Bud Candy Ingredients
Soluble Potash (K2O), Potassium Sulfate, 72 trace elements, Organic acids, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polyphenolic Compounds, Esters, Raw Cane Juice, Sweet Brown Molasses
CARBOHYDRATES: Xylose, Maltose, Glucose, Galactose, Aribinose
EXTRACTS: Cranberry Extract, Grape Extract, Malt Extract, Fermented Yeast Extract
VITAMINS: B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, B-7, B-12
AMINO ACIDS: L-Alanine, L-Arganine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cysteine, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Tryosine, L-Tryptophan, L-Valine

Bud Candy MSRP
$29.90 / 1 Liter
$76.20 / 4 Liter
$169.98 / 10 Liter
...which means that Bud Candy costs $0.52 per fluid ounce.

Got this off another thread about Bud Candy on this site (Thanx Snowkitty)...Long story short. Ive done alot of research while looking up Anthocyanin (plant pigments) production in plants and Terpene production in plants in general also (my love of amber,budder, and oil resins). Alot of this has to do with Secondary metabolites.

Secondary metabolites are organic compounds that are not directly involved in the normal growth, development, or reproduction of organisms. Unlike primary metabolites, absence of secondary metabolites does not result in immediate death, but rather in long-term impairment of the organism's survivability, fecundity, or aesthetics, or perhaps in no significant change at all. Secondary metabolites are often restricted to a narrow set of species within a phylogenetic group.

Secondary metabolites often play an important role in plant defense against herbivory and other interspecies defenses (Thanx wikipidia)...

so we have these secondary metabolites aka Trichomes, Pigments etc. that need to be formed as the plant ages or as diseases occur or infestations Begin. Alot of the stuff AN and other company sell are directly related to these secondary metabolite responses which are responses to invading or harmful animals/situations. You dont get that from molasses and thats the bottom line. These dudes do their research i can tell you that. How do i know? Because i do mine. I check labels and find out why this works or why that works. I anitially got interested in Bud Candy because of my search of Anthocyanins and it was one of two products that listed L-Phenylalanine as an ingredient. As you can see it is a very important Amino-Acid in flavonoid production.

Anthocyanin pigments are assembled like all other flavonoids from two different streams of chemical raw materials in the cell:
One stream involves the shikimate pathway to produce the amino acid phenylalanine.

Im just saying learn about what you talking about if your gonna bash something. I personally think its great that people like AN are putting products like this out there. Try doing plant extracts like they have there...yes its possible but most people neither have the know how to do Fermented Plant Extracts, nor want to know how. Im sure sourcing all this would be a Muther*ucker. To each his own. Molasses for sure isnt going to do all this though so its not better.

G

gudkarma

+1 for black strap

one hefty jar lasts a long time.
as mentioned, mix out to one tblspn per gallon.

i pre-mix mine in a glass with warm water then add to gallon of water.

if you need extra vitamins or aminos, add a little extra something to the mix.

i use 1 tblspn of black strap with 10ml of botanicare's liquid karma per gallon every 3 weeks in flower.

i'll have to try flushing with black strap too.

Venom818

Venom818

does bud candy change or alter the way bud taste i bought some stuff one time made all my shit taste the same

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I consider myself a noob. I have 2 runs under my belt, one with a partner and one solo. On my solo run I used Bud Candy, and I am VERY happy with the results. I don't see why people HATE on AN so much. Is there another Nutrient Company out there that is dedicated to MJ? Sure they have a wacky marketing campaign, sure there product costs more. But I have to say that I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the results I have achieved using their products. Can I get the same something similar for less? Sure....is it the same? No.

I recently got a lot of shit for using AN from a guy who has been growing for 15 years. When I told him I was using a recipe that was part AN and part H&G he told me "You payed too much for your nutes!" Well just the other day I was chatting with him and he told me he just lost his entire room. He also said that he was talking to a close friend who had just lost his entire room. The one thing both the rooms had in common was Base Nutrients. They both got a BAD batch of nutes. They saved maybe 100 bucks by going the cheaper route.......but the loss of a room 4 weeks into flower.......whats that set ya back? What did he buy next? AN

Bottom line for me is quality. I don't have a problem spending a little more to ensure I come out with quality buds. I invest a LOT of time and energy into what I do.....and the last thing I want is to lose a crop because I was being frugal with my nutrients.

you dont see why people hate on an .......results are mediocre at best and way to fucking over priced, done many side by side comparison runs with friends and have seen 2 bottles of age old out produce advanced....... same conditions same plant same pheno same medium ....... and i am not saying that age old is the shit i dont even use age old, advannced has the biggest marketing skeem besides sunlight supply.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
for even cheaper go to a hay and feed store get a 5 gallon bucket of molases for 22 bones

dextr0

dextr0

Can someone shoot me a link or explain how molasses gets from point a to point b. I'm still not believing that molasses alone can do what Bud Candy does. No way, no how. Liquid Karma, Hydroplex, Ooze bloom, Dark Matter...your getting closer now. Heres a link on

"Harnessing plant trichome bio-chemistry for the production of useful compounds."
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-313X.2008.03432.x/pdf

Explains alot of what you people need to know. A sugar is but one part of the making of a Trichrome. Hope yall look that up and learn something.

Dunge

Dunge

I read and read but only pick up tantalizing fragments.
This subject is a great example.
Many are great about giving detailed instructions as to what works for them.
But in this case I can't tell if we are talking about nutrient additions to a hydroponic kit, watering soil, or folar sprays.
HELP
Being illiterate sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom