Bud Candy

• Thread starter rooraholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

One thing i for sure know is molasses does help beneficial organisms. How? It helps by giving energy (food) to microbes so they can do their job. Which is converting unusable materials in soil or medium into available material (food) for plants. Theses benies let out enzymes which further help break-down organic material. Those enzymes are an important factor in Hormone production etc. All this controls secondary metabolism in plants. As quoted in wikipidia,
Secondary metabolites are organic compounds that are not directly involved in the normal growth, development, or reproduction of organisms.[1] Unlike primary metabolites, absence of secondary metabolites does not result in immediate death, but rather in long-term impairment of the organism's survivability, fecundity, or aesthetics, or perhaps in no significant change at all.
..this means if you want a mediocre plant go ahead and just think of one aspect of whats going on. You want to add molasses to your mix, thats cool and of course people swear by it. But thats not the end of the story and Producers of fertilizers know this and thats why they make shit like Bud candy.

So, is molasses or Bud Candy better or what? Its a personal choice i feel. Hasn't ANYONE given me direct links or full explanations on how Molasses is supposed to be the shit. Bud Candy explained a little better then anything Ive heard so far, and on top of that when i went to go verify the info on their product information (basically checking the label and cross checking what they say to other sources on net...google) it coincided. I'm not sayin use Bud Candy or Molasses (i actually do use Molasses though sulfured/not non sulfured because sulfur is shown to help Thiol (skunk smell) production:terpene but thats another post.), I am sayin Bud Candy, and the likes definitely have Secondary Metabolism builders. What about Molasses??

Basicly i wish someone would prove me wrong, Im in the search of better growing, fuck product names or slogans.:joint:

M

Motherhugger

How many forums have had this discussion go back and forth? But I have to say, this is the most educated discussion I've seen.

Here's my two cents:

Molasses is for baking and for other things besides growing MJ. While I'm sure it's *like* Bud Candy because of what it is, it's not the same.

I've used Bud Candy time and time again and even though I know that molasses might be cheaper to use and some people have really gotten it to work for them, it's just not worth it to me.

Why try something else that might suck? I'd rather stick with something I know works.

Bud Candy is also manufactured, which used to be a big deal with me, as I wanted to go as natural as possible, but it's organic, so I gave it a shot. And the truth is that when it comes to nutrients, having someone test something again and again, plus make it in pristine conditions, that makes more sense. Molasses can vary because it's a natural substance - and variation = varied results.

I want results I can depend on.

dextr0

dextr0

YEA i got tired of basic answers a LONG time ago. I desire and strive to understand my plant and whats going on. Its LOVE people. Maybe one of the only kind thats left in a Black Soul...hA HA!...

Edit:I believe its called being On Point.

Double Edit for a little more credit: Im thinking a simple complete nutrient with this added is all ill be needing for the most part. LOVIN it, and fixina live it. The plants and me, the plAnts and I.

dExtr0

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

you dont see why people hate on an .......results are mediocre at best and way to fucking over priced, done many side by side comparison runs with friends and have seen 2 bottles of age old out produce advanced....... same conditions same plant same pheno same medium ....... and i am not saying that age old is the shit i dont even use age old, advannced has the biggest marketing skeem besides sunlight supply.

I guess .77 gpw is a mediocre result for my first solo run.

D

DerErlkoenig

Bud candy has many ingredients. It's hard for me to believe that molasses does exactly the same thing. But I haven't done a side by side comparison so I can't say definitively. I just switched to bud candy from b'cuzz and I'm still waiting to see the results. But, personally, I am interested in which product is BEST, not cheapest.

dextr0

dextr0

I think where everyone gets so confused here is we all have a habit of calling trichomes sugar. Sugar leaves, etc. In truth if sugar has anything to do with trichomes its somewhere else along the line (the metabolites that produce different chemicals which cause different reactions according to perception by plant?? idk)...Anthocyanins have sugars and sugar free counterparts and they are a Secondary metabolite. Basically what I'm reading leads me to conclude that sugars (different kinds lead to different smells...i thinks?),nutrients (or lack of),...all affect Trichome production/development. Just watching and reading how molecules react in water, this medium, under these conditions and knowing that they can change is amazing to me. I think molasses is but one KEY to many more doors to come. Enzymes affect alot of stuff around us including Secondary Metabolites. Without certain amino-acids or the correct carriers available to transport those chemicals at the right time to add to the mixture....thinking of this made me realize that yes these fools are probley giving ppl the minimum amount of what plants really need during flower(watered down BS). They have sources. Do i wish i knew how to make all this myself, hell yea. Truth is until someone helps me; yall are out of there. LoL...Jk.

Anyone wanna put a little foot work in??

C

croniholic

I have always been curious about bud candy. I may have to give it a try. I use raw sugar (sucanat, not sure how to spell it) now, works well.

And personally I have had better results with the AN compared to several other manufacturers.

dextr0

dextr0

NOT JUST ANY CARBOHYDRATES, BUT THE RIGHT ONES FOR YOUR PLANTS

Carboloading your plants requires a specialty formula. In actuality, your plants best absorb simple or complex carbohydrates when they are present as Arabinose, Dextrose, Glucose, Maltose and Xylose from Raw Cane Extract, Malt Extract, Cranberry Extract and other premium carbohydrate sources. (All different sources of Sugar.)
Not only does this end mid-bloom slump but these materials fuel beneficial bacteria and fungi in your root zone.

When you've installed beneficial bacteria and fungi in your root zone, they thrive best when they have externally-provided carbos to feed on. (we all know that fungi and bacteria like different types of sugar.)

Beneficial bacteria and fungi increase root mass, increase nutrient absorption, protect roots, and produce hormones that stimulate floral size, potency and value.

So now that you've seen how to use the right kinds of carbos to provide energy and root enhancement, what else can you do to create gourmet flowers with enhanced taste, size, potency, and aroma?

As it turns out, by providing the list of carbo sources we just discussed, you're also enhancing the taste and aroma of your plants.

THE BENEFITS OF USING AMINO ACIDS AND OTHER COMPOUNDS IN THE CORRECT FORM FOR YOUR PLANTS

Here's something else to keep in mind: the advantages provided by what you feed your crops depends on the quality of specific ingredients in the products.

For example, you see hydroponics formulas that contain "molasses." But as with almost every individual ingredient in hydroponics formulas, there are many grades and types of molasses, and the differences between them decide whether they will deliver your bigger, better yields.

Fact is, most types of molasses are loaded with sulphur or made from materials or processes that lower their sugar content and quality.

When sulphured, low-grade molasses are in a hydroponics formula, its extraneous minerals throw off your nutrient ratios while providing smaller percentages of sugars.

Now take a minute and let me show you how this relates to the types and forms of amino acids in hydroponics formulas.

Amino acids are crucial building blocks for proteins that fuel metabolic processes and physical structure in your flowering plants. Few hydroponics formulas contain amino acids, but almost all the ones that have aminos provide them in a form called "D-Aminos."

Although these aminos are cheaper to source and manufacture, they unfortunately are not very helpful to your plants.

On the other hand, the L-form of amino acids is totally biologically available for rapid uptake and formation of proteins that rapidly increase your crop health and yield.
(Amino Acids

Crops

Identification

Chemical Names:
The model used to illustrate amino acids used in crop production is glycine, or aminoacetic acid. Other Names:
See attached list for the amino acids most often found in protein. The model amino acids for crop production is glycine.

Characterization

Specific Uses:
Chelating / complexing agents for cation nutrients, plant growth regulators, substrate for microbiological products, fertilizer source of nitrogen.
Action:
Plant uptake of metal nutrients are a function of the absolute levels, relative levels to each other, soil pH, oxidative state, and solution. The amino acids found in soil organic matter help protect metal cations from harmful reactions with plants and help to regulate plant uptake (Brady, 1974). A number of synthetic compounds have been developed to mimic this natural phenomenon. When a single ligand binds to a cation, that cation is considered 'complexed.' If a metal cation is joined with an organic compound at two or more exchange sites to form a ring structure, then that structure is considered a metal chelate (Meister, 1999). Two amino acids will bind to a metal to form a chelate (Ashmead et al, 1986). Chelation makes otherwise unavailable compounds plant available under normal pH conditions (AAPFCO, 1998). Chelated nutrients are more plant available than complexed nutrients, and complexed nutrients are more plant available than uncomplexed nutrients. Other amino acids used to complex or chelate cation micronutrients include lysine, glutamic acid (Miller, 1998), cysteine, and histidine (Baker and Ammerman, 1995).
AminoethoxyVinylGlycine (AVG) is used as a plant growth regulator to slow the maturation process of pome fruit by temporarily suppressing ethylene production. Other amino acids used as plant growth regulators include L-glutamic acid and gamma amino butyric acid (GABA). These act by stimulating nutrient uptake.
All amino acids have the potential to decompose into amines that can go into solution as plant-available nitrogen. Glycine appears to be the most used as a fertilizer source.
Combinations:
The metal cations most often chelated are calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and zinc. These are usually in sulfate or occasionally in oxide form. Many formulations will be combined with synthetic fertilizers. For example, the combination of amino acid chelated nutrients with urea enhanced nutrient uptake (Ashmead, 1986).
When used as plant growth regulators, amino acids are combined with various inert ingredients used as surfactants, dispersants, carriers, fillers, spreader-stickers, and wetting agents. Many of these are synthetic. In turn, glycine and other amino acids may be included as inert ingredients in biorational pesticide formulations as part of a culture media used to grow certain microbial products.
Various complex protein sources may be decomposed into amino acids that are then turned into available nitrogen sources. Certain commercial formulations of soil amendments and foliar feeds claim 'amino acids' on the label when they are in fact using denatured protein sources such as blood meal, fish meal, whey, soy isolate or other plant or animal by-product.
Different amino acids may serve as the base for certain pesticides. For example, glycine combined with methyl phosphonate forms the herbicide glyphosate (Meister, 1999).
Status

OFPA
May be considered non-synthetic from certain sources. Not clear if synthetic amino acids fit into any exempted category for use in plant crop production, except perhaps as chelating agents for micronutrients and inert ingredients, such as nutrients in fermentation substrates for naturally occurring microorganisms. Regulatory
Chelating agents for micronutrients regulated by state plant food control officials (AAPFCO, 1998). Plant growth regulator use is EPA regulated under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA--7 USC 136 et seq.). GABA and L-glutamic acid are considered to be reduced risk pesticides by EPA (EPA, 1998).
Status among Certifiers
Amino acids are not restricted separately from the other generic categories in which they appear. For example, those used as chelating agents for micronutrients are regulated as micronutrients. Plant growth regulators from non-synthetic sources are often restricted.
Historic Use
The greatest and longest-standing use of amino acids in organic production has been as chelating or complexing agents for micronutrients used for documented deficiencies. Several certifiers have accepted the use of amino acids as chelating agents and plant growth regulators under the assumption that they are non-synthetic.

***THIS ISN'T MY WORK. THE WHOLE ARTICLE WAS FOUND HERE-http://www.omri.org/Amino_acid_crops.html ***

Effect Of Amino Acids On Plants Agriculture production is a very intensive business and is related to better quality and better yield leading to better profitability. Every Farmers dreams to achieve this goal. However to achieve this goal with advancement of technology, use of fertilizer and pesticides is not adequate. Now is the time to look at Bioenergetics and Biochemical aspects of plants, to achieve the goals of Farmerss. Every plant like any organism needs certain components for growth over and above soil, sun, rain and air. The basic component of living cells is Proteins, with building block material, Amino Acids. Proteins are formed by sequence of Amino Acids. Plants synthesize Amino Acids from the Primary elements, the Carbon and Oxygen obtained from air, Hydrogen from water in the soil, forming Carbon Hydrate by means of photosynthesis and combining it with the Nitrogen which the plants obtain from the soil, leading to synthesis of amino acids, by collateral metabolic pathways. Only L-Amino Acids are part of these Proteins and have metabolic activity. The requirement of amino acids in essential quantities is well known as a means to increase yield and overall quality of crops. The application of amino acids for foliar use is based on its requirement by plants in general and at critical stages of growth in particular. Plants absorb Amino Acids through Stomas and is proportionate to environment temperature. Amino Acids are fundamental ingredients in the process of Protein Synthesis. About 20 important Amino Acids are involved in the process of each function. Studies have proved that Amino Acids can directly or indirectly influence the physiological activities of the plant. Amino Acids are also supplied to plant by incorporating them into the soil. It helps in improving the microflora of the soil thereby facilitating the assimilation of nutrients. Foliar Nutrition in the form of Protein Hydrolysate (Known as Amino Acids Liquid) and foliar spray provide readymade building blocks for Protein synthesis.
Protein Synthesis Proteins have a structural function, metabolic function (enzymes), a transport function and a stock of Amino Acids function. Only L - Amino Acids are assimilated by plants. D - Amino Acids are not recognised by the enzymatic locus and therefore can not participate in protein synthesis.

Hence Amino Acids obtained by organic synthesis are not well assimilated. Stress Resistance
Stress such as High temperature, Low humidity, Frost, Pest attack, Hailstorm, Floods have a negative effect on plant metabolism with a corresponding reduction in crop quality and quantity.
The application of Amino Acids before, during and after the stress conditions supplies the plants with Amino Acids which are directly related to stress physiology and thus has a preventing and recovering effect. Effect of Photosynthesis
Plants synthesize carbohydrates by photosynthesis, Low photosynthesis rate implies a slow growth leading to death of the plant, chlorophyll is the responsible molecule for the absorption of the light energy.
Glycine and Glutamic Acid are fundamental metabolites in the process of formation of vegetable tissue and chlorophyll synthesis.
These Amino Acids help to increase chlorophyll concentration in the plant leading to higher degree of photosynthesis. This makes crops lush Green.

L-Glutamine and L-Glycine are used for healthy veg. L-Alanine, L-Valine and L-Leucine improve fruit quality. L-Histidine helps in proper fruit ripening)

As with molasses and other ingredients in hydroponics formulas, it matters a lot what forms and manufacturing processes are used.

SWEETER FLOWERS ARE WORTH MORE

Sweeter flowers are yours when you boost your crop's taste, potency and aroma by furnishing anthocyanins, isoflavonoids, polyphenols, isoterpenes and tannins found in cranberry and grape extracts. (And here we have the Fermented Plant Extracts (organic people feel free to chime in on FPEs)...which as we all know are plants with different HORMONES and enzymes being broke down. Lot of different chemicals and diff things working there)

Growers using these compounds report that a sudden bouquet of pleasant scent arises from their flowers within moments of the compounds being fed to plants in water.

And after harvest, you and your friends will enjoy the extra-sweet aroma and taste that your flowers provide, and there'll be more flowers to enjoy too.

Another technique for upgrading the aroma, taste and value of your crop is to feed vitamins to your plants.

For example, Vitamin C stimulates photosynthesis and cell replication while also protecting your plants from negative effects of intense light and heat. To go along with Vitamin C, studies show that feeding your plants B vitamins provides many flower-boosting benefits while also protecting crops from stress.
(In aerobic organisms, the citric acid cycle is part of a metabolic pathway involved in the chemical conversion of carbohydrates, fats and proteins into carbon dioxide and water to generate a form of usable energy. Other relevant reactions in the pathway include those in glycolysis and pyruvate oxidation before the citric acid cycle, and oxidative phosphorylation after it. In addition, it provides precursors for many compounds including some amino acids and is therefore functional even in cells performing fermentation.wiki)

So how can you get this extensive menu of crop-boosting compounds you've just found out about? Fortunately, Advanced Nutrients scientists have successfully managed the complex task of sourcing, processing, and combining all these aminos, carbs, and vitamins so Bud Candy delivers bigger, sweeter buds to you right away.

G

gudkarma

that was a good read.

i know there is a thread here written by someone from the "three little birds" collective (tlb) that is very informative ...in that there is a discussion of sugar (c6h12o6) in the production of substances like bud candy & some liquid ferts.

it's a good read, you'd like it.

i searched so that i could link it but didn't find it, i'll check later & do so if i can.

what about other company products, like bontanicares ripe & some other "sweet" products they have, in this equation?

urbanite420

urbanite420

i havent read everyones post, but the new formulation is watered down by 50% at least. I compared my old batch to the new one . my old batch is syrupy but the new batch is runny as fuck almost like its mostly water. They used to list all the amino acids, extracts and vitamins on the label but not anymore. probably too watered down now to detect them;lol. same thing for the Kushie Kush. AN really fucked up this time.

dextr0

dextr0

i havent read everyones post, but the new formulation is watered down by 50% at least. I compared my old batch to the new one . my old batch is syrupy but the new batch is runny as fuck almost like its mostly water. They used to list all the amino acids, extracts and vitamins on the label but not anymore. probably too watered down now to detect them;lol. same thing for the Kushie Kush. AN really fucked up this time.

Ok, this is good to know for sure, but have you seen a difference in how the product works??

squarepusher

squarepusher

their new label shows its simply magnesium sulfate (epsom salts). They even dropped the potassium sulfate

BudCandy_GA_bg.gif

CFP65

CFP65

well the nutrient factor for Sucanat 150gr is

Nutritional Analysis of Sucanat for 150g (one cup)

water……………………………………2.7g
calories……………………………….570g
carbohydrate………………………1.05g
fat……………………………………………0g
sodium……………………………….0.5mg
potassium………………………1,125mg
vitamin A…………………………..1600IU
thiamin (B1)……………………..0.21mg
riboflavin (B2)…………………..0.21mg
niacin………………………………0.20mg
calcium…………………………….165mg
iron……………………………………6.5mg
vitamin B6………………………..0.60mg
magnesium……………………..127mg
zinc…………………………………..2.3mg
copper………………………………0.3mg
pantothenic acid……………….1.8mg
chromium…………………………40mcg
phosphorus……………………….48mg

Source: USDA Handbook of Nutrient Content of Foods

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/directory-of-natural-sweeteners.html##ixzz0zt4aghyi

Irishmartin

Irishmartin

I'm in coco coir feed canna line a+b cannazym rhizotonic 15days into flowering thoughts when when can I use bud candy

Monster762

Monster762

I'm in coco coir feed canna line a+b cannazym rhizotonic 15days into flowering thoughts when when can I use bud candy
You can use bud candy all through flower. It’s mainly a sugar and carb mix. It’s for feeding microbes. I liked it but then I tried molasses water instead and it was much better. And the molasses only $3 a jar. And all natural too.

H

heisen

I personally think it's the grower that makes the plant.no such thing as magic in a bottle.you can have the best lineup of nutrients on the planet but can easily screw it all up with operator error.
Once a grower can master basic 3 part nutes.than move on to other additives to sharpen things up.
Nutrient companys make a fortune with catchy names and pretty pictures on the bottles.the moon grower soon realizes that it's hard to pinpoint any one particular deficiency when your throwing everything at the plant till something sticks.
I personally despise AN and wouldn't use there empty bottles as a piss jug in a hunting stand.
That's just me.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I consider myself a noob. I have 2 runs under my belt, one with a partner and one solo. On my solo run I used Bud Candy, and I am VERY happy with the results. I don't see why people HATE on AN so much. Is there another Nutrient Company out there that is dedicated to MJ? Sure they have a wacky marketing campaign, sure there product costs more. But I have to say that I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the results I have achieved using their products. Can I get the same something similar for less? Sure....is it the same? No.

I recently got a lot of shit for using AN from a guy who has been growing for 15 years. When I told him I was using a recipe that was part AN and part H&G he told me "You payed too much for your nutes!" Well just the other day I was chatting with him and he told me he just lost his entire room. He also said that he was talking to a close friend who had just lost his entire room. The one thing both the rooms had in common was Base Nutrients. They both got a BAD batch of nutes. They saved maybe 100 bucks by going the cheaper route.......but the loss of a room 4 weeks into flower.......whats that set ya back? What did he buy next? AN

Bottom line for me is quality. I don't have a problem spending a little more to ensure I come out with quality buds. I invest a LOT of time and energy into what I do.....and the last thing I want is to lose a crop because I was being frugal with my nutrients.
Canna Is pretty dedicated to Cannabis, and their research seems spot on too..
That is what I use (Their Terra products for soil..NOT their overpriced Boost bloom fert)..Stopped the Molasses now as the warmer weather is here..Bugs I don't want. For a PK boost, I use Ginormous from Humboldt..Reasonable and works well here too..Last thing I want is something else flavoring my smoke:smoking:

Irishmartin

Irishmartin

Look I got big bud and overdrive and final flush today in 100ml sample bottles it doesn't say per ml per ltr?? I'm on day 17 of flowering I use canna feed line ..cannazym rhizotonic a+b at half strength I also have bhudda tree pk9.18 which I will introduce on week 3 into flowering I just don't want give tuem it to soon and guys I don't live in USA I don't get half shit you talk about so simple ?

Top Bottom