Bud Rot!!! Help!

• Thread starter Pumpc031
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pumpc031

anything i can do because i still have a couple weeks left till there ready and still would need to flush. I reallg dnt want to cut early!!!

BioStimz

BioStimz

How far has it spread? It's what you don't see that's the problem.

Are you looking at high humidity for the next few weeks?

I've caught it really early and was able to remove the affected cola, without it spreading, but that was also due to a decrease in humidity.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Yep, your going to want to get rid of any infected areas and might want to start covering your plants when it rains and at night.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Play it safe and remove the entire effected bud(s). Use alcohol and keep scissors sterile. Carefully so as not to disperse spores. Good luck with it,

BioStimz

BioStimz

I've seen it start with just a couple of calyxes worth of affected area - not thinking much of it at the time, and when i returned a few days later.... the affected area was twice as large, and I literally blew a large section of the rotted bud away.

BioStimz

BioStimz

You're gonna have to look real closely to see how far it's spread. Dont just look at the affected area.... its probably spread further than you think. Really examine the calyxes and look for any discoloration.

When deciding on how much to remove.... You actually want to get rid of the portion that is just beyond the visible rot. In other words, don't worry about cutting out a little bit more than the affected area.

Irish063

Irish063

Just had to do the same with some of mine. We had several days of a lot of rain. ended up having to take about 3 inches off to get beneath the affected area but I think I got far enough below it to stop the spreading. Good luck. Like stated early, make sure to use sterile practices. Only use those scissors on the affected bud spray with alcohol and then sterilize the scissors before using them again. Last thing you want to do is accidentally contaminate other buds with them.
I got a little OCD with it. I let alcohol soak on the blades, wiped off, used some coconut oil to remove the rest of the resin, scrubbed with Dawn, and then let some alcohol soak on the blades again.
Good luck. I hope you don't have to sacrifice too much, but taking some now is better than losing so much more.

below frigid

below frigid

Yeah, I get some here and there most seasons. I always freak out at first. It's always on the fattest juiciest buds. Most of the time I just decapitate a inch below. Lost 4-8 oz's this year. Not too bad. I have had it much worse. It does pop up overnight and spreads fast in the right conditions. If your getting it all over the place I would just cut it out and harvest early.

Top Bottom