Bud Tastes Green

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

IMG 3862
A couple friends have complained that my stuff tastes green. One showed me some stuff he got that looks completely bleached out- light tan, like dry hay

I got to thinking about finial finish in the sun, or even under the indoor lights

I put them outside, no humidity, ~80* temps

Thoughts?

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
View attachment 697989 A couple friends have complained that my stuff tastes green. One showed me some stuff he got that looks completely bleached out- light tan, like dry hay

I got to thinking about finial finish in the sun, or even under the indoor lights

I put them outside, no humidity, ~80* temps

Thoughts?
I bet you pumped nitrogen way too long...or pulled early

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

In the past I harvested by red pistils. I finally started using a scope, but this plant refused to turn amber, BUT, when I switched mid-grow from airstones to flooming I did not realize that a small pump running 24/7 would heat the rez >90*s

Maybe longer curing, and/or curing under lights instead of dark

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
In the past I harvested by red pistils. I finally started using a scope, but this plant refused to turn amber, BUT, when I switched mid-grow from airstones to flooming I did not realize that a small pump running 24/7 would heat the rez >90*s

Maybe longer curing, and/or curing under lights instead of dark
dont cure pot under lights.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I cant say for sure, but I dont think its when your pullin em down as much as the slow dry n proper cure.

Describe your dry n cure process please. Truly a proper dry and cure is more of an art than growin the dang plant. You can go 2-3 months and ruin a great crop by not nailing the dry n cure as you have already noticed.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I cant say for sure, but I dont think its when your pullin em down as much as the slow dry n proper cure.

Describe your dry n cure process please. Truly a proper dry and cure is more of an art than growin the dang plant. You can go 2-3 months and ruin a great crop by not nailing the dry n cure as you have already noticed.
In the usa.. more pounds are ruined than they are finished properly.... its an epidemic

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
In the usa.. more pounds are ruined than they are finished properly.... its an epidemic
Agreed............ I have converted many a card holder back to my side of the fence. Dispo's here don't do a proper dry n cure. Too busy turn n burnin rotations to keep shelves stocked.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Agreed............ I have converted many a card holder back to my side of the fence. Dispo's here don't do a proper dry n cure. Too busy turn n burnin rotations to keep shelves stocked.
Pot shops dont even know what curing is... they cant add 1,2,6 months to holding product... its not profitable.

Watched a guy in Oregon fuck up 145 pounds last year..... watched another guy ruin 65 pounds the year before that.

This is why i have faith for the real growers that think quality pot is worth more than the dollar. Well get rid of the shitty ones in due time.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I cut branches, leave buds on stems, place in dark closet a few days, then transfer to large grocery store paper bags. Keep them in the dark closet, flipping thm 1-2 times a day until dry, then jar with Boveda packs. Minimum cure time 20 days from jaring

Came back from sharing with 2 hard core enthusiasts. They both loved it. I think the same people who complain abut 'too green' don't like Brussel sprouts either

Last edited:
dan1989

dan1989

I bet you pumped nitrogen way too long...or pulled early

Can you please go into more detail on this G? Does this mean to say you cut out nitrogen completely at some stage? I had this green tasting problem too with my last run (Grapefruit Diesel) although to be honest it worked out eventually with a month cure or so.

dan1989

dan1989

Pot shops dont even know what curing is... they cant add 1,2,6 months to holding product... its not profitable.

Watched a guy in Oregon fuck up 145 pounds last year..... watched another guy ruin 65 pounds the year before that.

This is why i have faith for the real growers that think quality pot is worth more than the dollar. Well get rid of the shitty ones in due time.

I'd pay premium rate for the quality stuff if I were a buyer. Guess it's a choice between quality and quantity. My grower friend does a good 4 week or whatever cure, and he always gets great feedback. The fact that he undercuts any and every little street dealer is the cherry on top. I don't touch shit weed these days, I'd rather not get high at all personally than sit there smoking something that tastes like bleach.

Edit: as for not curing in plastic containers, I call BS. Although it has to be recognised that some people have a more sensitive taste than others, I'm of the opinion that if practically every food item these days comes in plastic, would it not have the same effect on taste?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you put them in the jar too early, leave too many leaves on it, dont do at least ten days with straight water at the end, use too much nitrogen in late flower or dry it in the light it will taste grassy.

Top Bottom