Bud Tastes Green

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Can you please go into more detail on this G? Does this mean to say you cut out nitrogen completely at some stage? I had this green tasting problem too with my last run (Grapefruit Diesel) although to be honest it worked out eventually with a month cure or so.
Ya you dont want nitrogen late in flower... especially last half of flower... pk is your friend.

There is always the possibility of chopping early... but you definitely dont want to be cutting down dark green plants. The fade is very important to an easy dry and cure.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I cut branches, leave buds on stems, place in dark closet a few days, then transfer to large grocery store paper bags. Keep them in the dark closet, flipping thm 1-2 times a day until dry, then jar with Boveda packs. Minimum cure time 20 days from jaring

Came back from sharing with 2 hard core enthusiasts. They both loved it. I think the same people who complain abut 'too green' don't like Brussel sprouts either
I was reading something a few days ago about boveda packs making bud taste green, maybe try a forum search, it was a thread here on the farm.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
If you put them in the jar too early, leave too many leaves on it, dont do at least ten days with straight water at the end, use too much nitrogen in late flower or dry it in the light it will taste grassy.
Yup.. that pretty much sums it up hahaha

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I find that if you dry a week and then jar it, is best to rest,or redry, the meds 2/3 days into cure.i usually just dump back onto drying trays for another 24 hours. Sometimes only over night.seems to help expell that initial release of moisture when you first jar it.Sometimes "burping "just isnt enough for a full jar i guess.also what time of day do you harvest. I always harvest just before lights on....something about starches being in the roots.supposed to bettet the flavor. Seems to be working for me☺good luck!
I do the same pretty much, dry for a week or so until the smallest stems break and the outside feels dry. I then cut everything from the larger, still moist stalks, and place into a jar or bag for a day or three, until the outside of the buds feel moist again. I then take everything back out of the jar or bag for 12 to 24 hours until the outside feels dry again and return to jars.
When the moisture inside the jar/bag is stable (65%) and the buds no longer feel moist after leaving in the bag for a day I just burp them every day or two for the cure.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I thought that you had posted somewhere that you have trouble with pests. Crops ruined by mites especially or others will make it dry like hay I've come to notice.

G gnome

G gnome

I do the same pretty much, dry for a week or so until the smallest stems break and the outside feels dry. I then cut everything from the larger, still moist stalks, and place into a jar or bag for a day or three, until the outside of the buds feel moist again. I then take everything back out of the jar or bag for 12 to 24 hours until the outside feels dry again and return to jars.
When the moisture inside the jar/bag is stable (65%) and the buds no longer feel moist after leaving in the bag for a day I just burp them every day or two for the cure.

Pretty much the same?whats up dopplerganger!haha...had to have a laught."dabbling in oil" Me too!just started rosin pressing ,even had to buy a little oil rig☺ great minds think alike!
Lmao

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Ya you dont want nitrogen late in flower... especially last half of flower... pk is your friend.

There is always the possibility of chopping early... but you definitely dont want to be cutting down dark green plants. The fade is very important to an easy dry and cure.

I used Hydroponic Research V+B (a complete one part dry powder) for a couple years. It has high N, but I never experienced any negative issues. That said, it gnawed n me, so I switched to Emerald Harvest 2 part and 3 part, specifically so I could reduce N in flower

H

heisen

cut too early,to many leaves on the buds.You didnt trim good enough.
My way of doing it i cut buds,trim all the leaves off the buds while they are wet.I hang them upside down in a dark cool closet and put a humidity moniter in there.For every 10 percent of humidity its a day of drying pus 1 day.so 50 percent humidity hang for 6 days.After the time is up i trim all the buds off the stems and put in jars with humidity packs.open the jars for 30 minutes a day and after 2 weeks the shit will be fire.
I see way to many people on this forum cut there plants way to early.I have gorilla bombs right now cloudy as fuk on the sweet leaves but the calyxs are still 50 50.There are way to many white hairs.When the leaves start to disappear into the buds from the swelling its getting close.Im looking for huge swollen calyxs that seperate themselves from the buds and the leaves to turn funky colors.about 70 percent of white hairs turn red and a few dark trichs.They dont always happen at the same time you just have to have patience.

Top Bottom