Bud Very Leafy

• Thread starter whisper1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whisper1

whisper1

I got a few cuts of Sundae Driver from a friend but when I harvest, my buds are very leafy compares to his. Can someone explains to me what would cause the buds to have more leaves than another.

Bud very leafy
Bud very leafy 2
Bud very leafy 3
Dbear180

Dbear180

Why dont you just ask him what hes doing? Environment, lights, nutes, stress... We know nothing about either of your grows so that's gonna be a tough one for anyone here I think :speechless:

whisper1

whisper1

Why dont you just ask him what hes doing? Environment, lights, nutes, stress... We know nothing about either of your grows so that's gonna be a tough one for anyone here I think :speechless:
We both run the same lights (GC 630 cmh) same nutrient plan (veg+bloom tap/hard). The only thing w can think of is the environment but I don’t think it’s that much different where it cause it to be more leafy. I asked him but he doesn’t know what would cause it since the strain came from the same mother plant. Hopefully someone who had experienced this can point it out for me.

3 balls

3 balls

I got a few cuts of Sundae Driver from a friend but when I harvest, my buds are very leafy compares to his. Can someone explains to me what would cause the buds to have more leaves than another.
Look awesome regardless but say environments were identical, I have seen cuttings taken from different parts top/bottom of the same plant grow differently. Yes, its weird.

whisper1

whisper1

Are they your pic or of both his and yours.they look bout the same to me...nothing wrong with that..they look pretty good ..
Yes the pics are from my garden. I’m happy with the weight and size, it’s just a pain to trim so many leaves.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
co2. If you are blasting them with co2 they will throw out a lot more leaf to deleaf vs not running co2. Only thing I can think of if you are on the same nutes. The only other thing would be more N on your side if using tap vs his unless you are on the same water supply.

Ina

Ina

Other's buds always look better:)Kidding:) There is strains(indicas)that are more leafy but the leaves are more sugar and the opposite-more "meat",less sugar on the leaves.I don't trim them too deep.What about the shaping,you can have few smaller tops and he-one bigger?Yours look really fine to me....:)

dextr0

dextr0

Look awesome regardless but say environments were identical, I have seen cuttings taken from different parts top/bottom of the same plant grow differently. Yes, its weird.

This. I’ve seen this happen bunch of times and forgot about it till I was watching a video of a guy growing wedding cake the other day. Same cut different looks. Happens.
I was linked to a few papers talking about how cloned plants can actually have DNA mutations. It’s been awhile but if your interested look into it. I’m sure I will be again just for heck of it.

H

Highkev

Are your lights closer

Reactions: Ina
Seraphine

Seraphine

How many plants are in your grow space and how many are in your friends grow space? Sometime if plants are too close together, they will grow more leaves to compete with the plant growing too closely next to it. It’s either that or you have better roots. Plants balance growth to their root zone. Better roots = more plant material.

Madmax

Madmax

How many plants are in your grow space and how many are in your friends grow space? Sometime if plants are too close together, they will grow more leaves to compete with the plant growing too closely next to it. It’s either that or you have better roots. Plants balance growth to their root zone. Better roots = more plant material.
No i dont believe that buddy in growing more leaves..i have 3 plants in ground side by side that are rather spaced between the nodes.they do compete for light .i have another plant though with heaps of leaves and its not competing with none..its in there genetics or what dextr0 said...
Cheers

dextr0

dextr0

No i dont believe that buddy in growing more leaves..i have 3 plants in ground side by side that are rather spaced between the nodes.they do compete for light .i have another plant though with heaps of leaves and its not competing with none..its in there genetics or what dextr0 said...
Cheers

I’m not positive bud. Just putting out another option. It actually be rather cheap to find out as getting them sequenced would cost around 20$-$40. If your that interested.

Madmax

Madmax

Nar not interested mate.in finding out..im talking about a plant deciding to grow more leaves because a plants beside it..your talking abot a cutting yeah from different area on plant that can have more leaves on bud.....i could believe that in that instance..hence i liked your post,,

dextr0

dextr0

I see. Yea I’m thinking you wanted to know so suggested something to you or to anyone who is reading that wanted to know that it was possible cheaply. It’s 20$ for each specimen. I’m not selling anything though. Just letting know it is possible to find out...cheaply.

Oh I’m sure you understand but just to clarify if I was unclear...cuttings could be from same stem and have genetic mutations too.

Top Bottom