Buds Look Sad At End Of Week6. Need Help Diagnosing What's Wrong.

• Thread starter Mr.D0p3sauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site, never posted before and would like some help. Let's start with yes I have some experience growing... 10 +years. Im no pro. Just do it for fun... any ways I'm used to averaging about 1.5 - 2 lbs under 1k watt in a 4x4 - 5x5 sqft area. Like I said not a pro yet just having fun with it. Quality is usually pretty nice, this season tho. I just don't know what's wrong......
Buds look sad at end of week6 need help diagnosing whats wrong
Buds look sad at end of week6 need help diagnosing whats wrong 4

Buds look sad at end of week6 need help diagnosing whats wrong 2
Buds look sad at end of week6 need help diagnosing whats wrong 3
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

This season tho shits looking real sad can someone point out what you think might be wrong with it? Or what you think is causing it? I'm guessing heat but not sure

20170715 195713
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Theres no mites, I'm sure of it.thanks for the help tho. No gnats or root aphids. No bugs to my knowledge. I spray hard in veg to whip them out always b4 I flower. I think heat or some sort of deficiency. Can't quite figure it out this season tho

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Crazy thing was last year room would get into the around 87ish high for a day or too and it seemed fine. This time around idk.... I know the season is done with fawk... but I would just like to pin point the problem to prevent it from happening again. The plants are soil grown. Watered every other day. Chem 1 day, water the next and alternate every 2 days. Veg for usually about 4-5 weeks till they fill out the area then flip.

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

The strain is conspiracy kush that x with a cherry pie. I call it conspiracy pie or ConPie. It was a keeper pheno out of ten... been running with this strain for a while now. So i thought i had it all dialed in. First time ever seeing this.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Some of that stuff looks pretty good there. I wouldn't be too ashamed of that. Is this the first grow that you have used that light? It could be your lighting is way too intense.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Hymm,... maybe that could be it.... its usually at 1000k. This season tho I had to nerf it down to 600watt. To keep temps under 85. Maybe the light was to close? ..... if it's just that then I can just raise it. I mean I know the season is done with at 6weeks ending... smh but at least I can prevent it from happening again.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hymm,... maybe that could be it.... its usually at 1000k. This season tho I had to nerf it down to 600watt. To keep temps under 85. Maybe the light was to close? ..... if it's just that then I can just raise it. I mean I know the season is done with at 6weeks ending... smh but at least I can prevent it from happening again.
Any changes you made will be a clue. I'm assuming you have a record keeping thermometer at the top of your canopy? Extreme temperature fluctuations can do that.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

1 of the weeks broke 90 in the room. So i had to nerf it from 1000k to 600watt. After that it brought it down to low 80s. 80-85.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Its weird tho cuz at end of week 2 flowering. All the little white hairs turn black. Not brown... black.... Then the hairs pulled into the bud. And ever since that the whole budding process was stunted.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Its weird tho cuz at end of week 2 flowering. All the little white hairs turn black. Not brown... black.... Then the hairs pulled into the bud. And ever since that the whole budding process was stunted.
Not sure man but by looking at those leaves the way that they are deformed and kind of have little raised sections on them. I have seen that before with the light being too intense.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Moving the light by only two inches can actually make a huge difference.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

What I'm afraid of now is I have another season going that is at end of week 1 and this is what it looks like. I don't want another repeat. And wanna pin point it

20170715 192933
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

What I'm afraid of now is I have another season begins that end of week 1 and this is what it looks like. I don't want another repeat. And wanna pin point it
I'm not a pro man. But it definitely looks like high temperatures and high intensity lighting.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

What I'm afraid of now is I have another season going that is at end of week 1 and this is what it looks like. I don't want another repeat. And wanna pin point it
See how that small leaf on the right has the deformed raised spots I was talking about towards the tip. And the leaves are curling up from high Temps.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Hey thanks bro, ima go raise my lights then. Hopefully that help it. If any1 else is reading this feel free to chime in and give me your opinion... is there anything i can feed it to help it recover from that. Its only beginning week2 and I really don't want another sad season.

20170715 192906
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hey thanks bro, ima go raise my lights then. Hopefully that help it. If any1 else is reading this feel free to chime in and give me your opinion... is there anything i can feed it to help it recover from that. Its only beginning week2 and I really don't want another sad season.
No problem watch your new growth that will tell you if I'm right.:ninja:

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If your positive no mites, then definitely the heat which I believe it is. If I read right, your temp is over 80? You should never ever be over 80 without Co2. If your having temps like that add Co2, I wouldnt think twice and maybe raise the light up some. Happy Growing

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

So the problem was just too intense light and heat then?. ... do you know of any miracle chems I can put into help heal it from this damage? Its important for the begining to transtion smoothly to budding, and this is definitely not how i wanna see it again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom