Buds Smell Fruity

• Thread starter vagiboy1987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vagiboy1987

I have an issue I need feedback on. So I have 4 plants that smell tropical/ fruity. Its a good smell like a pink starburst. Here's the thing 3 are gorilla glue and one is LSD 25 neither should smell that way. The plants are not harvested yet in the late phases of blooming. Has anyone had this happen and why could it be that these smell nothing like cannabis and instead like fruit. These plants are grown in identical conditions as 60 other plants using same nutes, lights etc. So I'm Wondering why this would be happening

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

i like fruity weed for the most part but your glue shouldn't smell fruity but if its from seed then a seed can give off any type o phenoe really although i wouldn't expect glue strains to be fruity unless crossed with a fruity strain

V

vagiboy1987

Seedsman and from seed yes. Neither strain should smell fruity. Thats the thing two different strains both smell fruity. My other GG don't smell the same nor my LSD 25s. It smells amazing but I'm confused as to why

V

vagiboy1987

The Glue is supposed to bee GG#4 auto and its pretty damn strong smelling just not a cannabis smell. It smells almost identical to either a pink starburst or that old fruit stripe gum ( that had the zebra and was fucking childhood awesomeness). I have an insulated 30×50 shop and its in a 4×8 grow tent inside there and I can smell it from my house which is .5 acres away. Luckily I have a bunch of tropical looking plants and flowers at my place so the tropical smell I just blame on the flowers ( which technically isn't a lie its just not those particular flowers)

V

vagiboy1987

No not quite. Strong as fuck smell I mean overpoweringly sweet and fruity. I was thinking I did a test on 4 plants early on with lightly and I mean very lightly fermented molasses (rum water essentially but less than 4% ABV) as a foliar spray and feed suppliment for the first month in veg and they grew like a fucking boss doing it. Ive moved my plants around in my grow area I didn't even think to check and see if those are the ones I sprayed or not. That would be a weird byproduct though I'd think. Its a positive because it smells fucking amazing and the plants are healthy and loaded with trichs so I guess when I get home I'll check to see if those are the ones I did that to. If so and they turn out good smokes I might be obliged to do it again hell.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Cannabis changes via the soil biology. Changing the exudates of the root changes the demographic of the microbiology.

The Sour is half of the skunk that still remains , the sweet is what crept in and killed off the key component. I see Juicy Fruit weed as a flawed or lower grade product, Skunk was the definition of good weed. All those other profiles are derivatives, static noise and other shortcomings. I can remember the first crop with no skunk. Remember thinking I would never get busted. Then I went to jail anyways and smoked some skunk weed hahaha, damn they don't even have this is Cali anymore? But they got in in southern jails.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I have an issue I need feedback on. So I have 4 plants that smell tropical/ fruity. Its a good smell like a pink starburst. Here's the thing 3 are gorilla glue and one is LSD 25 neither should smell that way. The plants are not harvested yet in the late phases of blooming. Has anyone had this happen and why could it be that these smell nothing like cannabis and instead like fruit. These plants are grown in identical conditions as 60 other plants using same nutes, lights etc. So I'm Wondering why this would be happening
What do you mean it don't smell like Cannabis? What does cannabis smell like??? LOL
Dude if it smells like fruit its a plus, cannabis smells like many things while growing... fruit, wood, fuel, baby poo, chocolate, skunk, piss, flowers, the range is unlimited.
Through the flowering cycle the smells can come and go, the smells come from both parents of the plant. So from a batch of seeds you can get variations from both parents (phenotype) That is how some growers/breeders pick a keeper, "by the smell"... that is just one of many traits they look for. Sometimes out a large run you will get a few that smell different than the others, And it's not a sign of weaker genetics, just a trait that made its way through.
Frankly the fruity smells are my favorite. Don't worry about it...grow it out, harvest it, dry it, cure it, Smoke it!

Last edited:
V

vagiboy1987

By doesn't smell like weed I mean the stereotypical pot smell all weed seems to have. The "yup thats weed" smell. to me its a cross between a skunk and chemical smell. Ive grown several strains and while yes they all have individual characteristic smells there that underlying "pot" smell. I did notice last night when I checked the plants WERE in fact the ones I sprayed early on and it was 2 GG and 2 LSD 25 not 3 and 1. My assumption is that it had something to do with it but its a very odd byproduct IMO. If I can get it to let me put up a pic this time I'll post a pic

Bannacis

Bannacis

With so many strains out there they have a various large range of smells. I had many that smelled of fruit, even rotten fruit. It might not have anything to do with your spraying. Just possible that a specific phenotype emerged out of the many. I even had clones from the same plant smell different from each other. So it is hard to say what is going on.

V

vagiboy1987

Yes GG #4 is the 4 the pheno in the GG line. Its usually an auto thats supposed to be highly potent. #3 is good and #5,6,&I believe there's a #7 exist also but have less THC.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

GG4 isn't close to being fruity at all, which says not GG4. My avatar pic is the true clone only GG4 straight gas not fruit.

V

vagiboy1987

The seeds I purchased from seedsman were GG #4 Auto.... Whether they packaged the wrong seeds and sent them is beyond me but thats what I purchased and thats what the package said. They were auto and they look exactly like GG #4 which gives me a pretty good indication that they are. As for fruity I have no clue where it comes from but pink starburst is the smell it has. I don't control the genetics I just grow what genetics I get from the strains I choose.

Dunge

Dunge

The only way I know of to create a GG#4 auto would be to cross a GG#4 (clone only) with an auto flower plant.
The result is in fact a new f1 cross which gets misnamed GG#4 auto because it is more easy to sell.
That it looks like GG#4 is the result of selection.
Had they selected for smell things might be different.

A

Albacropper

Hi there, I'm having the exact same problems right now but I got cuttings from a guy who's got a good rep the plant looks like gg4 even smelled like gg4 in veg but has changed to pure fruit suddenly, just starting week 4 flower. These arnt autos obviously.

Miked3583

Miked3583

20191031 200410
I have this plants was just a a bag seed but smells like almost a rotten grape fruit and seems very weird to me but it's very healthy

Deke

Deke

Love the fruity smell! I cut down 2 today. Critical 2.0xl from Garden of Green Seeds. They woukd have been perfect for SOG. They are the sweetest fruitiest smelling bud I have ever smelled. Plus they are covered in the good stuff, lol. I'll take fruit over skunk smell any day.

Top Bottom