Building UC from scratch

• Thread starter Sinister
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sinister

Hi all,

I am looking to put a UC on my phone controlled system..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPj1c08LBw

I can get the buckets, the 2", air pump and air stones but am having problems working out the fittings, pump etc

I am in the UK

If the pumps are of a reasonable price I am thinking of putting a flow switch on the pipe so if the pump dies it will kick another pump in :) I will also do something similar with the air pump.

If anyone can provide me links/guides that would be cool.

Thanks

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy - I moved your thread to the DiY forums - under current is a sponsor here and they run that section

very cool potential with an app like that

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hi all,

I can get the buckets, the 2", air pump and air stones but am having problems working out the fittings, pump etc

I am in the UK

If the pumps are of a reasonable price I am thinking of putting a flow switch on the pipe so if the pump dies it will kick another pump in :) I will also do something similar with the air pump.

Thanks

Ok, so the system you're discussing is called a 'RDWC', for Recirculating Deep Water Culture. I'm also interested in the switching for redundancy.

S

Sinister

The more I think about it the harder it seems making a UC system for my phone controlled system........

What I am looking for is a planting system thats good and dosent require a big whopping reservoir.

The phone systems can run up to 8 x 600W lights (thats how they are designed)

So acording to my calculations on a RDWC system I would need about 30 20 litre pots of which each one will be using 12 litres = 360 litres + top up.

Due to the nature of how my system works it needs to be able to flush and re-fill complete.

The reason the UC system looks so attractive is the pots would basically be the reservoir due to the way it wizes the water round and mixes it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

All true, but you'll still want a top-up reservoir on a float valve, otherwise the water level moves too much.

S

Sinister

I think I need to find a system designer that understands what I need to attach this to and understands what I am trying to achieve...

I will of course pay if anyone can help send me a pm

Thanks

R

RMCG

Hi all,

I am in the UK

Thanks

Call Greg @ PurGro

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sinister, I've built several of the systems you're describing. I'm not sure what it is you want, but if you want a good RDWC I can help you. When I suggest something like a float valve for water top-up, it's because that's what I've found to work best.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Sinister, I've built several of the systems you're describing. I'm not sure what it is you want, but if you want a good RDWC I can help you. When I suggest something like a float valve for water top-up, it's because that's what I've found to work best.

Very knowledgeable guy with experience.... FWIW

S

Sinister

Thanks for your reply...

you will need to watch the video in order to see what I am intending attaching the system to...

Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom