Burning Babies

• Thread starter freshscene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

freshscene

Hi farmers! I am new to growing and need some advice on my first grow. My seedlings are 3 weeks old and have stopped growing and started burning. I am using a 300w led light with 3 gallon smart pots in a grow tent. The soil is fox farm ocean forest that i mixed with perlite. I have been only using RO water and no nutes. The babies are purp, blue and SS hazes.

Burning babies
Burning babies 2
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’m not sure they are burning but it looks like the early stages of nute lockout. That soil might be a little hot for seedlings as well so if they are burning that would be why.

My guess would be overwatering. Are you letting the soil dry out some before watering them again? How often are you watering them? The pots are fairly large for that size of plant so you won’t need to water them but once every few days.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Too small for lights that powerful, use fluorescent lights the first few weeks to allow them to take root well. Also check the ph of your water. Co2, if in tent, is the flap open to allow for fresh air exchange?
This is 4th week, in same media, sitting outside. No nutes yet. Starts her feed this week.
From fem seeds. Og kush/ haze

3DFF049C 53EB 4EC5 B881 B7AAC3E5C0F6
C386364C 2478 4EC0 9E65 EFB0BC67AE4B
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I’m not sure they are burning but it looks like the early stages of nute lockout. That soil might be a little hot for seedlings as well so if they are burning that would be why.

My guess would be overwatering. Are you letting the soil dry out some before watering them again? How often are you watering them? The pots are fairly large for that size of plant so you won’t need to water them but once every few days.
It’s why my seeds start in 1 gals go to 3 then 30.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yeah I’m a fan of that as well. I don’t go to 30 but i increase the pot size as they get bigger until the final pot when they go into flowering.

Good call on the lights. I missed that. It’s late and I can barely see the screen with one eye open. Haha.
Cheers mate! Have a good night

F

freshscene

Thanks for the feedback every one. I'll try to get some florescent lights and start in cups next time.
My water schedule is once a week right now.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

I think it's lights cause medium should be good, however to be sure ph tweet it to make sure it's not to rich. Your using led which shouldn't put off much heat. What's the temp of your area?

F

freshscene

I just ordered a thermometer and humidity device so i don't have the numbers yet but it stays cool in the tent. I got a fan for circulation.
If my r/o water is automatic ph'd at 7. How should i tweek it?

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

And meant ph check it..
I just ordered a thermometer and humidity device so i don't have the numbers yet but it stays cool in the tent. I got a fan for circulation.
If my r/o water is automatic ph'd at 7. How should i tweek it?[/QUOTE
Sorry meant ph check it not tweek it. That's the beauty of those led lights is the temp factor mainly as they don't do as well as a how, though they do well and there is a thread that says the lights can change the colors of you plant. Not sure if that's true but a few articles state it can. Here is a decent chart I also use. I had a deficiency as I use coco and it was fixed within 2 days(I needed mag). I do believe it's the light I've been considering getting a cabinet and notice all of them use fluorescents or cfls on starts. Also next time(I've made this error twice) use a much small medium and work your way up to let the roots get more oxygen.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Stupid auto correct meant they led doesn't do as well as hps lights.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Thanks for the feedback every one. I'll try to get some florescent lights and start in cups next time.
My water schedule is once a week right now.

Dont water on your time.. Water on theirs

Dude take this advice if nothing else, i start all my seeds under leds and i keep them at 20 inches, 160w true draw for veg (you haven’t specified if its 300w from the wall or it is an equivalent to 300w type of deal) and never had any problems. Those lights can’t be that strong imo. Water them when they need it, when the top 2 inches dry. Plants are resilient, after they establish their roots they are not going to die from lack of water easily, but they “drown” very easily in stagnant water lacking O2.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Yep
Dude take this advice if nothing else, i start all my seeds under leds and i keep them at 20 inches, 160w true draw for veg (you haven’t specified if its 300w from the wall or it is an equivalent to 300w type of deal) and never had any problems. Those lights can’t be that strong imo. Water them when they need it, when the top 2 inches dry. Plants are resilient, after they establish their roots they are not going to die from lack of water easily, but they “drown” very easily in stagnant water lacking O2.
Out of curiosity what do you yield per plant?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom