Burnt Leaves?

• Thread starter Cityfarmin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Can someone help me out, not sure whats going on with my plants but this keeps happening to the leaves. I'm growing in organic soil, really not any nutes, just clean water. The humidity is 50-60% theres a 2 fans running cooling the plants and keeping the fresh air coming in. The temp is 62-72 degrees and I have a 6 inch outline fan with a carbon filter. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!?!?!

Burnt leaves
Burnt leaves 2
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

If you post some pics of the plant and give some more details someone on here might be able to help you. You say you're growing in organic soil what kind of soil are we talking about? Where did you get it? Are you in flower or veg? What kind of lighting do you use? What is your watering schedule like? Did you grow these from seeds or clones, what strain? How old are they? If you post enough pictures and give enough information someone may be able to help you on here.

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

If you post some pics of the plant and give some more details someone on here might be able to help you. You say you're growing in organic soil what kind of soil are we talking about? Where did you get it? Are you in flower or veg? What kind of lighting do you use? What is your watering schedule like? Did you grow these from seeds or clones, what strain? How old are they? If you post enough pictures and give enough information someone may be able to help you on here.

ok great!thanks for all the help!!!

So the soil is DR.EARTH 'POT OF GOLD' ..got it at home depot
These plants is in the flowering stage about 6 days now
I'm using a 400w HPS with a 6 inch vent fan and a 6 inch carbon filter
I also have 2 medium fans moving air around a 4x4x8 tent
I water as needed ( I'm not really sure how to setup a watering schedule :/
I grew from seeds and the strain is DURBAN POISON
The plants are about 8 weeks old, I started them outside because I had a few indicas that were finishing up, then once those plants had been harvested I put these guys in the tent.

IMG 5082
IMG 5080
IMG 5081
Toaster79

Toaster79

How much are you watering? You don't have any saucers under those pots, so are you watering till run off and cleaning the mess up? Those look like the same pots I use. Have you added any additional holes at the bottom? What soil? How often do you water? Do you let those pots dry out between thw waterings?

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

How much are you watering? You don't have any saucers under those pots, so are you watering till run off and cleaning the mess up? Those look like the same pots I use. Have you added any additional holes at the bottom? What soil? How often do you water? Do you let those pots dry out between thw waterings?

I have saucers, their just clear. so I water till run off, I drilled tons of holes and also put chances of styrofoam in to bottom of pot so it can drain :) I have been letting the pots get a little bit on the dryer side of things and then watering.. is that bad?? the soil is DR.EARTH "POT OF GOLD"

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Hi city farmer have you checked your water ph level.
You could of wet the leaves when the light was on.
Check ph in the soil what is it.
It's a simple fix you just have to look into it a bit further

I think it might be that i wet the leafs and they got burnt or the ph, it seems a little high 7.0 I know thats neutral, but these plants like a slightly acidic soil right?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Anywhere between 6 and 7 pH shouldn't harm your plant in any way. I would recommend getting a soil test kit and checking your NPK. Pictures taken in normal lighting are always better.

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

If you can get the water around 6.5 be better. If you did wet leaves that will burn. By the look at your plants I say you wet them.
I used some neem oil mixed with water just to give them some protection. So your prob right and that might have done it...

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Anywhere between 6 and 7 pH shouldn't harm your plant in any way. I would recommend getting a soil test kit and checking your NPK. Pictures taken in normal lighting are always better.

THANKS! I'm going to order it now and also I'll take some pics without the light and upload them soon!

Top Bottom