Burples....suggestions For Emergency.

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I've used em for a couple years now for veg. No complaints. My current 600w took a sh$&! I'm looking to get a replacement ASAP. Amazon is saturated with all varieties. They even have some plug n play cob. Any suggestions? Ordering tonight. Need to veg about a 4x4 area. 1000w led I'm guessing.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ve had really good luck with the roleadro lights. I would go with two of the 600 watts instead one 1200watt for a 4x4 tent. Or get two 1200watts. Whatever watts they’re advertising, subtract half because the actually draw will be half of that. For example, a “600” watt will only pull 250-300 actual watts.

46960866 54FE 49C0 AB13 FB5C3093F56B
Seraphine

Seraphine

Not sure what your budget is but if you can afford it, quantum boards are great. I have some HLG quantum boards and love them. But if you’re on a tight budget get the LEDs I mentioned above.

Nugg

Nugg

I run vipar and Mars 11.... The viparspectrums are 600 par..small coverage,seems smaller buds,but the veg great..3 switches....the Mars are 1600 w that's a 4×4 coverage....I will purchase more Mars 1600.. no more smaller lights...oh...most only shed light light 6" bigger than the light,no matter what they say core coverage is..hope that helps

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Not sure what your budget is but if you can afford it, quantum boards are great. I have some HLG quantum boards and love them. But if you’re on a tight budget get the LEDs I mentioned above.
I really want qb for long term, but in my current situation just looking to grab something "plug n play". No time to build. Double edged sword right now. I've got some $ saved for upgrades, but not quite enough for full qb upgrades. Maybe drop 150 right now. That's why I'm looking into another burple(s) for now. Effective for veg no problem.
I just changed a fan in my 300led. (Again)T hats gonna keep a few going. Swapping a few into the flower tent. My other LED has 3 fans. One is making horrible noise. About to disconnect it and only run it with two fans. If this works, I can use the added time to possibly build those qb's. Hmmmm.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I’ve had really good luck with the roleadro lights. I would go with two of the 600 watts instead one 1200watt for a 4x4 tent. Or get two 1200watts. Whatever watts they’re advertising, subtract half because the actually draw will be half of that. For example, a “600” watt will only pull 250-300 actual watts.
So, I've checked these out. This is the brighter, less purple light. Correct? Seem fine for veg. Two 600w would be great for a 30" x 60" area. However, I'm really considering starting my QB collection. Lol. Hlg 135's. Been looking at em. Figure I get one now and another in a few months. They would do the same area, roughly. Less power draw with higher PAR. I've Band-Aid'ed my current LEDs for some added time. I'm on the fence right now with hlg135, vipar 600, or mars 450. Gonna search the farm for info. Any .02¢ much appreciated.

Dan789

Dan789

Here’s my take, since getting on the cob bandwagon, haven’t looked back once. Quantum boards seem also to be forward thinking, take the plunge...

Nugg

Nugg

So, I've checked these out. This is the brighter, less purple light. Correct? Seem fine for veg. Two 600w would be great for a 30" x 60" area. However, I'm really considering starting my QB collection. Lol. Hlg 135's. Been looking at em. Figure I get one now and another in a few months. They would do the same area, roughly. Less power draw with higher PAR. I've Band-Aid'ed my current LEDs for some added time. I'm on the fence right now with hlg135, vipar 600, or mars 450. Gonna search the farm for info. Any .02¢ much appreciated.

Seraphine

Seraphine

If you have the money, go with QBs or cobs like dan789 said.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Here’s my take, since getting on the cob bandwagon, haven’t looked back once. Quantum boards seem also to be forward thinking, take the plunge...
I'm so ready to get some of this higher end led tech. At very least, for veg. I think my current LEDs will hold up for a bit. Time to research more. QB kit for 135 w rated would be around $190 bucks on Amazon. This is described as having a 2x2 footprint. Are cobs comparable $ for footprint coverage? Which tech has better canopy penetration? Easiest to diy? I've seen a few builds, but haven't really followed along. @sixstring has a build I think. Stickied even if my stoner brain recalls. Time to go rummaging thru the forums.

Top Bottom