Buying Cheap Chinese Co2 Extractor And Upgrading It

• Thread starter progeny-prodigy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

progeny-prodigy

i have been in the extraction game for almost a decade and hav designed and built many bho systems but always on a shoestring buget and hav always been interested in co2 but the startup cost always put it outta my reach until i got a offer to by this machine at a substantially reduced price
i bought this machine about 6 months ago and have been using and upgrading it ever since. its a very basic 1 pound capacity open loop (no co2 recycler) sub/super co2 extractor with only a single collection column. (mat column max psi 3000, sep column 500psi)
it performed reasonably well and i was able to get up to 8 % yields on 1lbs indoor trim in 6 hours. no apeks or eden but workable.

i put pressure transducers and thermocouples on it and hooked to up to internet of things so i can monitor press and temps remotely (but no automation yet). i also changed the back pressure regulator and added a rudimentary heat exchanger .

the main upgrade i just finished is a second material column that can hold 3 pounds increasing the capacity of this machine by a factor of 4. but now i need to figure out how much additional co2 i need to run. any thoughts?

i also plan to upgrade the whole separation system. right now it uses a single 3 inch jacketed stainless steel spool with sanitary fittings with just a needle valve to a dip tube with a basic bpr to atm on top. i hav many ideas on better topologies but am looking for ideas. any body kno how to implement a version of valveless expansion with adjustable orifices or cyclonal seperation??!!? im def gonna put in more collection columns to fractionate and dewax but

any ideas on layout would be greatly appreciated.

1lb active open blast super critical co2
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@Graywolf

He's about 1 of 3 ppl I trust with anything extraction worthy questions.

P

progeny-prodigy

i heard graywolf was the extraction greybeard lol
i read his post about where the color comes from in extracts and its awesome, so glad to read real chemistry

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

i have been in the extraction game for almost a decade and hav designed and built many bho systems but always on a shoestring buget and hav always been interested in co2 but the startup cost always put it outta my reach until i got a offer to by this machine at a substantially reduced price
i bought this machine about 6 months ago and have been using and upgrading it ever since. its a very basic 1 pound capacity open loop (no co2 recycler) sub/super co2 extractor with only a single collection column. (mat column max psi 3000, sep column 500psi)
it performed reasonably well and i was able to get up to 8 % yields on 1lbs indoor trim in 6 hours. no apeks or eden but workable.

i put pressure transducers and thermocouples on it and hooked to up to internet of things so i can monitor press and temps remotely (but no automation yet). i also changed the back pressure regulator and added a rudimentary heat exchanger .

the main upgrade i just finished is a second material column that can hold 3 pounds increasing the capacity of this machine by a factor of 4. but now i need to figure out how much additional co2 i need to run. any thoughts?

i also plan to upgrade the whole separation system. right now it uses a single 3 inch jacketed stainless steel spool with sanitary fittings with just a needle valve to a dip tube with a basic bpr to atm on top. i hav many ideas on better topologies but am looking for ideas. any body kno how to implement a version of valveless expansion with adjustable orifices or cyclonal seperation??!!? im def gonna put in more collection columns to fractionate and dewax but

That's bada$$.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I just checked it out. Good price, small footprint. Thanks for the post. How much it run you to mod? What kind of timeframe for their end of the build? I've ordered specialty precious metal minting machines before and it took far longer longer than the manufacturers estimates so I'm always a bit sceptical of estimated build times.

P

progeny-prodigy

I just checked it out. Good price, small footprint. Thanks for the post. How much it run you to mod? What kind of timeframe for their end of the build? I've ordered specialty precious metal minting machines before and it took far longer longer than the manufacturers estimates so I'm always a bit sceptical of estimated build times.
it was already in the states when i bought it
it is resold by best value vacs also if u dont wanna go thru china

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

it was already in the states when i bought it
it is resold by best value vacs also if u dont wanna go thru china

Thanks for the info. I checked the price and that's a bit out of my range thanks to the soft market here in Cali. If I decide to go for a micro license then... maybe... but for now I just can't pull off that much.

Thought it was cheaper.

Top Bottom