Cal mag & coco. Quit before flush or use throughout?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Seems to be two circles of thought concerning cal mag. Some people cut it out a couple weeks before their flush (makes the herb less harsh) and some include it all the way through their flush.

What's your opinion?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I cut it out about a month before finish, depending on flowering time of the strain in question. So, for an 8 week strain it's only fed for the first 4 weeks. If it's a 12 week strain then it's cut out at 8 weeks.

Make sense?

budboy299

budboy299

CalMag is Calcium nitrate and Magnesium nitrate. Both add nitrogen to our mixes...exactly the thing we are trying to leach out. I drop it anywhere from 2-4 weeks before chop depending on the plants. Super green....4 weeks. Regular green... 2 weeks. I try to have the plant use up its stores before I chop it.
Sometimes my timing is off but I always run a bunch of strains at once and they usually finish slightly differing in time

I

IVIars

There is another post somewhere here I was reading aboot this. The tobacco companies did research trying to find how to get a white ash. They found that using calcium till the end made this happen. No mag though.ill try to find the thread

waayne

waayne

I'm not sure why you are using the tobacco analogy unless
you're growing tobacco......
The tobacco industry is the last place I would look for info on Cannabis :pimp:
If you want white ash, don't over fertilize, and give clean pure H2o the last 12-20 days.....

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i use GO cal mag its calcium carbonate,calplex is also. on a 70 day strain i cut the cal mage out mid 40's.

I

IVIars

Official Coco Flush thread, page 7 of this sub-forum. Its got some good info.
Your right, not growing tobacco. Not growing the fruits and veggies alot of the nutes say they're designed for. I guess I should just keep thinking inside the box?

D

DixinCider

it doesn't make sense leeching anything from you're feeding regimen..you guys flush right? what wont a good flush get out? i would try to keep my girls 110% happy tell i start using there resources

bloads

bloads

it doesn't make sense leeching anything from you're feeding regimen..you guys flush right? what wont a good flush get out? i would try to keep my girls 110% happy tell i start using there resources

Don't a lot of people think that shocking your plants late in flower, or making them think that the end of their life is near, causes them to produce a lot of trichomes (resin?) as a last desperate act of defense? Cutting out certain nutes early may simulate the feeling of end-of-life for the plant.

Also, certain nutrients (complete guess here) may take longer to break down that others. Seeing how calcium is such an important element, a lot of other things rely on it to get around, maybe the plant keeps larger stores of it, or it's deeper embedded into it. I just got off a work shift where I drank a maximum strength red-line, so I'm kind of just thinking out loud here.

**everything I just wrote is personal conjecture.

waayne

waayne

Official Coco Flush thread, page 7 of this sub-forum. Its got some good info.
Your right, not growing tobacco. Not growing the fruits and veggies alot of the nutes say they're designed for. I guess I should just keep thinking inside the box?

IVIars I think it's great to think outside the box.....
But looking to the Corporate Tobacco industry for tips on making a clean burning product is probably a waste of time unless you're into growing the same chemmed out toxic product they produce....
Big Tobacco also adds some additives so your cigarette burns evenly, probably not what Cannabis consumers want in their medicine.....
:pimp:
I do the same as Kid Twist, I stop feeding Cal about 4 weeks before harvest....
If you're trying to come up with a clean burning product I would look to the Cannabis industry for answers.

Keep in mind that overfertilized product almost always burns harsh and has black or grey ash and all the flushing in the world won't do much to change that!

Top Bottom