Cal Mag Deficiency?

• Thread starter New2dagame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
New2dagame

New2dagame

I think I have a cal mag deficiency. I fed a couple times then just PH 6.5 for two weeks . Then issue started to appear on fan leaves . Been feeding the last 2-3 times. Using botinacare nutes and using 5ml cal mag per gallon. Will this clear up soon ?

Cal mag deficiency
Cal mag deficiency 2
Cal mag deficiency 3
jewsh808

jewsh808

Looks more calcium...I always get magnesium/zinc mixed up and it drives me crazy!!!!

jewsh808

jewsh808

The odds of havinv a zinc def are very slim
I deal with this chlorosis on and off...is this magnesium deficiency?? I think its the strain I have must be mag hungry? Leaves are also curling under so I'm beginning to think nitrogen overload with a mag deficiency or lockout ...I try to keep it simple but this chlorosis drives me crazy...thank you all for your help

20171025 152400
20171025 152341
20171025 152649
jewsh808

jewsh808

I deal with this chlorosis on and off...is this magnesium deficiency?? I think its the strain I have must be mag hungry? Leaves are also curling under so I'm beginning to think nitrogen overload with a mag deficiency or lockout ...I try to keep it simple but this chlorosis drives me crazy...thank you all for your help
It is a Chemdog 91 x a Hawaiian landrace I don't know the name lol

Enforcer

Enforcer

I think I have a cal mag deficiency. I fed a couple times then just PH 6.5 for two weeks . Then issue started to appear on fan leaves . Been feeding the last 2-3 times. Using botinacare nutes and using 5ml cal mag per gallon. Will this clear up soon ?
There is no such thing as a “calmag” deficiency, it’s calcium or it’s magnesium. In your case it appears to be calcium. It looks like you’re feeding the right strength, it may be a pH lock out of some sort.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yes, you have a magnesium deficiency. I would recommend a tablespoon of Epsom salt, per gallon, when you feed.

jewsh808

jewsh808

Thanks...still learning!I guess Dyna Gro is just a little off for me...been using their Mag Pro and Foliage Pro...feels like just a bit too much Nitrogen, not enough mag...will do a quick flush then probably will Starr supplementing botanicare Cal-Mag or Epsom salts...will have to feel it out...was leaning more towards Epsom salts...i have my Hanna meter so all easy to keep track of

Enforcer

Enforcer

Be careful with the cal-mag. It has a 2-0-0 rating. So if you want to add magnesium without adding nitrogen, and you’re not trying to also correct a calcium deficiency, go with Epsom salts.

jewsh808

jewsh808

Be careful with the cal-mag. It has a 2-0-0 rating. So if you want to add magnesium without adding nitrogen, and you’re not trying to also correct a calcium deficiency, go with Epsom salts.
Yes yes I was thinking straight Epsom salts because its only magnesium I'm needing to correct

jewsh808

jewsh808

Yes yes I was thinking straight Epsom salts because its only magnesium I'm needing to correct
I'm switching back to Grow..Foliage-pro seems to have just a tad bit too much nitrogen for my liking, although still an awesome product..

jewsh808

jewsh808

So for the Epsom's salts? Ppm ranges to stay under ? Does it add sodium ?

G

ganjagrowa

can someone please tell me why these little leaves in the center are twisting, almost upside down,

jewsh808

jewsh808

Nice will def give it a shot on the next round of nutes...currently doing a quick flush, I definitely overloaded them on everything except mag

jewsh808

jewsh808

can someone please tell me why these little leaves in the center are twisting, almost upside down,
Thats some new growth...damn I really don't know off the top of my head...I feel like maybe my plants do that sometimes

dan1989

dan1989

All looks normal in my opinion. The rest looks healthy, first grow by any chance? Once they develop a little more I'm sure they will flatten out. Chill Winston! :)

G

ganjagrowa

All looks normal in my opinion. The rest looks healthy, first grow by any chance? Once they develop a little more I'm sure they will flatten out. Chill Winston! :)

yes my first grow, thats why im probably stressing over things i shouldnt be, thanks

Top Bottom