cali connection orig sour diesel grow.....

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clockworx

clockworx

Day 53....the start of the "swell"....here are some size comparison shots taken today ( the start of swell ) and I will take some shots using the same objects at the end....as always, the "grand finale+enzymes" performs !!! over the last few days a massive surge of pistols have filled in all the gaps and made the buds nice and full, i can feel weight on the branches now.....smell is still @ the same level, but its been mostly fibrous growth ,,,once the buds form I think the smell will kick up notch.....we shall see!!!!
HHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHJHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

clockworx

clockworx

Day 53, lower budsites are swelling and looking fantastic, I really love the color !!!! When this girl is done she is gonna be some fire, you can't really tell when they are all pistols but now she showing here true colors. Today I gave her another small feed of carbs and grand finale.....love that stuff....enjoy!!!!
NMNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
MNNNNNNNNMNNNNNNN
k

clockworx

clockworx

For only doing 2 seeds I def feel like I got lucky, people were saying that this strain has no good phenos the yields were always weak and I would find nut sacks!!!!! I know its still early but it just goes to show you that people talk out their ass!!! This plant was a dream to grow, some good soil, good environment and a few lite additives, she did the rest. This could easily be a great plant for a water only grow, she is still not showing any signs of needing anything. The leaves are still a deep green and soft, and she is drying the pot just a tad faster then early flower. The real test will be the first vape hit, as I am going to do a full smoke report on her also.... stay tuned !!!!!

Haggardass

Haggardass

For only doing 2 seeds I def feel like I got lucky, people were saying that this strain has no good phenos the yields were always weak and I would find nut sacks!!!!! I know its still early but it just goes to show you that people talk out their ass!!! This plant was a dream to grow, some good soil, good environment and a few lite additives, she did the rest. This could easily be a great plant for a water only grow, she is still not showing any signs of needing anything. The leaves are still a deep green and soft, and she is drying the pot just a tad faster then early flower. The real test will be the first vape hit, as I am going to do a full smoke report on her also.... stay tuned !!!!!
Duude she is on point, that makes me wanna pick some up today on my order lol I've been contemplating getting this sour d for a good while now I may I just wish they did single seeds because 112 is step for seeds, I try staying around 70 bones. Looking good though clock she's gorgeous.

clockworx

clockworx

Duude she is on point, that makes me wanna pick some up today on my order lol I've been contemplating getting this sour d for a good while now I may I just wish they did single seeds because 112 is step for seeds, I try staying around 70 bones. Looking good though clock she's gorgeous.

They do singles...attitude has them in stock rite now.....$13.28

clockworx

clockworx

....I'm about to grab a few buddha tahoe og,,,and the Chem 4og....I hear that the tahoe og is some dank shit......and I see some nice phenos commin from the chem 4og...both are in stock so fuck it,,I've been wanting to run that tahoe for the longest but always got so much shit waiting to go in....sow many seeds so little time

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Looking real nice cw.. I grow in a walk in closet, with somewhat less than optimal conditions.. So light feeders do well for me.. Been looking at some cali gear for awhile.. My grow shop dude ordered the wrong sugar peak.. He got me the flowering.. But he made it right..Got a free bottle of flower, and picked up my grand finale yesterday.. Just gave my blue lemon thai a taste.. It was perfect timing for her.. Thanks again bro.. I'll be checking out that smoke report.. Donny P

clockworx

clockworx

Looking real nice cw.. I grow in a walk in closet, with somewhat less than optimal conditions.. So light feeders do well for me.. Been looking at some cali gear for awhile.. My grow shop dude ordered the wrong sugar peak.. He got me the flowering.. But he made it right..Got a free bottle of flower, and picked up my grand finale yesterday.. Just gave my blue lemon thai a taste.. It was perfect timing for her.. Thanks again bro.. I'll be checking out that smoke report.. Donny P
No doubt bro, and the bottle of grand finale says not to ph your feed because they assume everyones using a soil thats full of microbes that keep everything in balance.....so as a word of caution, if your soil isn't buffered solid I would ph it.......if not you will shock the shit out of your roots, the ph is low from the organic acids..

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Thanks bro.. She had a nice flush before I hit her up.. Thanks for the heads up on that.. I did notice that on the instructions, not to adjust ph.. I didn't.. hope the flush helped.. Do you hit yours right after your flush, or do you wait a bit until they dry out after the flush, and then hit um with the finale?.. DP

clockworx

clockworx

Thanks bro.. She had a nice flush before I hit her up.. Thanks for the heads up on that.. I did notice that on the instructions, not to adjust ph.. I didn't.. hope the flush helped.. Do you hit yours right after your flush, or do you wait a bit until they dry out after the flush, and then hit um with the finale?.. DP

It all depends, if they need the food and is getting near the end I'll just give it to them same time if not I let the pot get moist then feed, but never dry during flower, the drier your soil gets , them more energy the plant uses to drink, when soil is dry the minerals and water are under a good amount of surface tension and the roots have to "pry" it from the soil. And when I let the pots get kinda dry before feed I always give them r.o water first so I don't shock the roots with a high ec and cause burns. But you do get better uptake of the feeding with a lite leaching before the feed. It lowers the ec around the roots and increases the plants water "pressure" if you will, this is what osmosis is, water flows faster and stronger the further apart the 2 ec levels are....so if the plant tissue contains,,,,say,,,,900ppm (1.8ec ) and your root are surrounded by 900ppm (1.8ec) then you plant is basically dehydrated because the flow of water goes to the higher ec (salt/ mineral) concentration.and 900 & 900 is a stalemate, when this happens you will know because you plant will look ok but the pot will stay wet for a long time, that's when you need to add water to the soil and lower the ec so she can drink again...........on the other hand, if I really want my plants to use the nutrients I'm applying rite away, I give a flush to lower my soil ec to around 0.8 and feed with a 1.4ec .....if I've been feeding the plant 1.8ec (900ppm .5 conversion ) the water will be quickly sucked up because my 1.4 feed is lower then my plants 1.8.....water goes to the higher ec..........hope I didn't lose you....but this is one of the most helpful things to understand about plants and feeding...

Haggardass

Haggardass

....I'm about to grab a few buddha tahoe og,,,and the Chem 4og....I hear that the tahoe og is some dank shit......and I see some nice phenos commin from the chem 4og...both are in stock so fuck it,,I've been wanting to run that tahoe for the longest but always got so much shit waiting to go in....sow many seeds so little time
Ha i see what you did there ya I'm gonna pick one or two up just to have one in there with the cindys, really wanna run chocolope to man it's just intriguing to me lol

clockworx

clockworx

I hear ya, my list is so long its just wrong, the worst part is that when I make an order I look too much and end up with a bunch of shit that wasn't even on the list...I been trying to get my paws on "Kong" by Holy Smoke seeds but its always out......

Max Frost

Max Frost

Man...ain't THAT the truth! I could be a seed whore awful easy. Oh wait...I am! Yeah Haggardass...I'm looking at the chocolope myself! A friend (and also a fellow farmer) is growing it out right now too. I don't know allot about the chocolate strains, but I hear this is supposed to be one of the better ones! Hell...it's a multiple cup winner, so it's gotta have something going for it!

Clockworx, I've just got to say that those are some sweet looking buds! My bro, Don Peppy turned me onto this thread, and I'm so glad he did! You're style of feeding is right along the lines I want to get to. I am wanting to get into total living organics, and have just began brewing my own compost teas. My experience has been primarily using the Fox Farm line, and I guess I would consider myself a somewhat heavy feeder in general. I'm wanting to "lighten up" a bit. I think my plants wil appreciate it.

I ran the FF Cha-Ching once years ago. It's the only finisher I ever tried, but I did NOT have good results with it at all! Right after using it as directed, my mature buds broke out in fresh new white pistils all over, and the buds became runny and loose. Since this bad experience...I've forgone finishers. It sounds like the Grande Finale might be different tho...and worth a try!

I was fascinated by your explanation of nute uptake and ppm levels! Thanks! Makes PERFECT sense, but I've never seen this before. Again...great looking grow! I'll be following with interest!

Best,

Max :wacky:

P.S. Hey D.P.! Thanks for the hook-up on this thread! Let me know how you like the GF! Hope it rocks for you too!

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

They do singles...attitude has them in stock rite now.....$13.28
I think with cali, there available in regs only for the pick & mix.. Not sure why no fems.. That budda tahoe sounds nice cw.. Might have to go with a 6 pack..

clockworx

clockworx

I think with cali, there available in regs only for the pick & mix.. Not sure why no fems.. That budda tahoe sounds nice cw.. Might have to go with a 6 pack..

Yea im gonna grab next time, i still got the alien f1 about to run and the bodhi lucky charms....as i was looking at the tahoe I couldn't help but notice the resemblance of those buds to my sours lower bud pics,,,,,then I realized sfv og was used to make the tahoe and was also used to make the sour og, and the sour og was then crossed with the AJ's cut to make the sour d , so I think its safe to say my buds have the same calyx shape and color which could only have come from the sfv genetics, and has the curled bud leaves from the sour along with the sour smell.....seems that the male sfv.og is passing strong traits to anything it touches...i hope the smoke is also the best of both....and I wonder if swerve is still working the sour diesel to get the sfv og genetics out.....because my calyx color and shape are 100% the same as the tahoe og pic,,,,,am I wrong ?

clockworx

clockworx

I wouldn't want fems of those types of strains anyway,,,I get better results finding fire when I use regs......if I just wanna run a strain and don't care about phenos that much I'll use the fems.....regs give you a child from a mom and dad,,,,,fems have no father so really they are totally dif plants, to me at least.....now if I'm looking for a clone only in seed form and the clone makes stable s1 seeds then yea I want those because you don't want any male genetics that only waters done the clones genetics......sour diesels don't s1 good, they herm and act all crazy, which is why swerve used the sour og to make the sour diesel,,,,otherwise you have problems like everyone has with rez's sour ibl, mad herms.....Don't get me wrong, if you hunt a few packs and find a keeper that don't herm then you have a winner because that will be a true sour diesel with no mixed genetics....but I'm not gonna lay hundreds of dollars to find one and at the same time risk seeding my room, just not worth it. For me to run something like that I would need an empty room....and that I don't have

Max Frost

Max Frost

Yea im gonna grab next time, i still got the alien f1 about to run and the bodhi lucky charms....as i was looking at the tahoe I couldn't help but notice the resemblance of those buds to my sours lower bud pics,,,,,then I realized sfv og was used to make the tahoe and was also used to make the sour og, and the sour og was then crossed with the AJ's cut to make the sour d , so I think its safe to say my buds have the same calyx shape and color which could only have come from the sfv genetics, and has the curled bud leaves from the sour along with the sour smell.....seems that the male sfv.og is passing strong traits to anything it touches...i hope the smoke is also the best of both....and I wonder if swerve is still working the sour diesel to get the sfv og genetics out.....because my calyx color and shape are 100% the same as the tahoe og pic,,,,,am I wrong ?

Hwy CW...have you run Lucky Charms before? I'm looking at it and another Bodhi strain. I hear great things about their gear, and I'm looking for a deadly potent sleep/pain med. I want something that will just knock me right the fuck out at night! I have allot of trouble sleeping sometimes. Are you familiar with Bodhi's "Tranquil Elephantizer"? The breeder description says it's like a smokeable green quaalude! Sounds perfect! Haha!

clockworx

clockworx

More lower buds,,,I'm doing a bunch of pics from here till the end to try and show the development of the buds for future growers to use as a reference, when I was seed shopping i tried to look up cali connection sour d and couldn't find shit worth reading of looking at, only seed shop descriptions, and we all know how those are. Sorry if they start to look the same.........
WQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
AQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Top Bottom